Could The Team Win Out? | The Boneyard

Could The Team Win Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could the team win out? It is certainly possible but on any given game day, either the good UCONN or bad UCONN could show up. Just the way the team has played this season.

vs ECU: Should win, but ECU has been hot lately. 2 wins @ Memphis and vs Temple and took Houston into OT.

@ Temple: Tough game. Temple has been pretty good and Temple may make the tourney. Still should win. Already lost one to them.

vs Tulsa: Tulsa has shocked me. Never thought they would be 6-4 at this time and like Temple, could make the tourney. Still should win with the game at home.

vs SMU: Tough game, but beating SMU is certainly possible. Temple and Houston did it.

@ Cincinnati: To me, this is the toughest game. I think the Bearcats could not only make the tourney, but crack the top 25 by season's end and have a deep tourney run. But they looked beatable vs USF. To be fair though, USF always plays them tough. Oh, and the Bearcats lost a few leads late in games, although those were earlier in the season.

@USF: If a team can't beat USF, they don't deserve to be in the tourney.

vs Houston: We beat them on the road already, and now we play them at home.

@ SMU: I think this is the 2nd toughest, but possible to win.

vs UCF: we creamed them, same thing again should happen.

So could we win out? If good UCONN shows up every game, 6-3 is the worst that can happen and the three loses would be very close IMO. But if bad UCONN shows up some of those games, anything could happen...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Historically, when our teams have jelled, that's exactly what they do, they win out or come pretty darn close to doing so. It's that light flicking on thing that's happened time and time and time again. It even happened with KO in 2014.

I don't think they'll win every game, but the way they've been playing recently, sans the final minutes of the Cinci game, and with AB back, I think they have a chance to and I think the very most they'll lose is 2 including the AAC tournament. I think they should be the favorite to win the tournament at this point (don't get silly now, I don't think they're the favorite to win the dance)

Reaction Score
I hope so, and think we can, but the last 2 games is the first time in a while that we have had back to back very good games IMO, keep up the consistency and the great, great defense, we could do it for sure.

Reaction Score
Look on the bright side. If we win out, we'll be national champions again.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.2u6.jpg

Reaction Score
I used to play out scenarios like this in my head back in the day....but it never works out how you think. Just take it one game at a time. Need to stomp ECU tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes but not likely. I'd put money that SMU will beat us at least once.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's too early to think this and once the time may be right to start thinking it, it would be too early to mention it.

We need a pair of winning testiculos quickly!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Historically, when our teams have jelled, that's exactly what they do, they win out or come pretty darn close to doing so. It's that light flicking on thing that's happened time and time and time again. It even happened with KO in 2014.

I don't think they'll win every game, but the way they've been playing recently, sans the final minutes of the Cinci game, and with AB back, I think they have a chance to and I think the very most they'll lose is 2 including the AAC tournament. I think they should be the favorite to win the tournament at this point (don't get silly now, I don't think they're the favorite to win the dance)
Doesn't it seem when a UConn team starts playing D with an unshakeable confidence and tenacity that just about anything is possible? It just seems to drain the life out of an opponent and the Huskies, like a pack of wolves, start feeding off it. Let that light start shining!!

Reaction Score
I used to play out scenarios like this in my head back in the day....but it never works out how you think. Just take it one game at a time. Need to stomp ECU tomorrow.

Agreed. The speculation just isn't worth it, especially for superstitious people. I'll be happy if we can finish the season with no more than 2 losses.

IF we beat ECU by double digits tomorrow I'll be more convinced with a potential undefeated remainder of the season. It's hard to bet against our defense w/ Brimah back and last two outings.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'm no optimist..... but the way we play defense, we have a good chance to win every game we play, on paper we are not as bad offensively than what we have shown. If we play up 70% of our ability on O, this team is a sleeping giant and a formidable oppenent to any squad out there.

It all depends on whether the shots start falling, we have the skill, its just the confidence/arrogance (fine line) we're lacking at the point.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm sure we'll lose a game somewhere along the line. The only surer thing is that someone will then make a "Could the team lose out?" thread afterwards.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really don't think they can/will win out, nor do I think they will get blown out by any team
As long as they elude the WTF losses and beat Temple, split w/SMU and/or beat Cinci - they will be fine
Need to be on the opposite side of Cinci in the AAC bracket

Reaction Score
Eh - that's gonna be hard to do. They'll get wins back against Tulsa and Temple, methinks. I think we beat Cincy with Brimah, but that's a tough game on the road. I think we'll split with SMU.

SHOULD be tournament favorites in the AAC. There's a chance we run the table, but I'm not really banking on it. I'd be really surprised if we didn't win the conference tournament with SMU not being in.

Reaction Score
My bet is no because we have had WTF games where our point scorers have had bad nights. The good news is that we just have to get better which we have been doing. I've watched a lot of ranked teams from the "good" conferences and I really think we are as good as the majority of them, but we don't have a number by our name. Except SMU our best conference teams don't either and this is part of a fixed system that perpetuates itself. It's money and media fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom