Could the Rent Become the Home of the Tampa Bay Rays? | The Boneyard

Could the Rent Become the Home of the Tampa Bay Rays?

Reaction Score
Fans support teams in Canada.. might be a good idea...

Reaction Score
Supposedly a Group in Montreal wants to build a retractable dome stadium near the Bell Centre. Now wanting and having the $$$$ to build a stadium are two different things. We shall see........

Reaction Score
Montreal in the AL east would be fantastic. Beyond the Toronto rivalry, Sox and Yankee fans in VT and upstate NY would be in heaven. It is such a no brainer. Just need a new stadium

Road trips would be a blast

Reaction Score
and …

Unlike most of our Northeastern cities - excepting Boston, NYC, Phila - Montreal has grown to over 4.4m in Greater Montreal & nearby population is fairly significant. That's a 20%+ growth since 1999. The Land by the Bell Centre? Sold to the big developer Cadillac Fairview in 2008. Been talking stadium ever since.

Reaction Score
Reports say the Tampa Bay Rays may relocate. What about the Rent as its new home? An MLB team would be a welcome addition to CT. Is it possible to use a football stadium for a pro baseball park? If not, what about Bridgeport Hartford or Danbury?
Tampa Bay Rays: Relocation is all but inevitable at this point
Without being critical NO....They can squeeze football ugly as hell on a baseball field but not the other way around. The Rent is built for football American or European and maybe concerts that's about it.
That and the two adjacent powerhouse icons of the sport would never let it happen.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
They absolutely belong in Montreal. MLB needs to get it done.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Is the Rent equipped for baseball? Dimensions ?

Reaction Score
Could be a possibility if they like to increase the fan base by 1. 1 more fan in the seats.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
No pro team is moving into a small, shrinking, oversaturated market like Hartford. I don’t know if Montreal makes any sense ether, they couldn’t support the expos and their business environment is totally non-competitive. The city that makes by far the most sense to me is Charlotte. It’s a growing, competitive market where baseball is popular and they have no pro teams anywhere near them, they can draw from place like Greensboro, Asheville and upstate SC as well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Would Sox and Yankees fans drop their teams for the Hartford Handmaids?

Reaction Score
No pro team is moving into a small, shrinking, oversaturated market like Hartford. I don’t know if Montreal makes any sense ether, they couldn’t support the expos and their business environment is totally non-competitive. The city that makes by far the most sense to me is Charlotte. It’s a growing, competitive market where baseball is popular and they have no pro teams anywhere near them, they can draw from place like Greensboro, Asheville and upstate SC as well.

Charlotte, Indi, and Austin were the top 3 minor league markets in terms of attendance. Charlotte's issue is whether it can support a 3rd pro franchise.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Charlotte, Indi, and Austin were the top 3 minor league markets in terms of attendance. Charlotte's issue is whether it can support a 3rd pro franchise.

It’s certainly more capable of it than Hartford is. Much bigger, growing much faster, much less competition from other MLB teams. Hartford already has three within a short drive.

If you put a team in Austin, it would draw from San Antonio and Waco.

Reaction Score
Please move them to Montreal. I need another excuse for a road trip. The Montreal/Toronto rivalry would be awesome.

Been saying this for years. Canada needs a second team and I love the expos in the al east. Nice summer trip for baseball for Yankees.

Reaction Score
I’ve been in Tampa all week. You’d have no idea they have an MLB team - forget that it’s an excellent one.
Are you enjoying your power outage?

Reaction Score
No but a few years ago there was interest in getting an NL team in Boston. Obviously not the AL Rays but there was interest in building a park in Portsmouth NH area. If they could get the Braves there would be a serious move to do something.

Reaction Score
Montreal more than supported the Expos. They drew well over 2 million fans for several years. The had very poor ownership and an absolute monstrosity of a stadium.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No but a few years ago there was interest in getting an NL team in Boston. Obviously not the AL Rays but there was interest in building a park in Portsmouth NH area. If they could get the Braves there would be a serious move to do something.

The Braves that just opened a 1.1 billion dollar stadium in 2017? I’d get cracking on the blueprints.

Reaction Score
It’s certainly more capable of it than Hartford is. Much bigger, growing much faster, much less competition from other MLB teams. Hartford already has three within a short drive.

If you put a team in Austin, it would draw from San Antonio and Waco.

San Antonio yes.
Waco is closer to DFW than it is to Austin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom