Could Nike Be Next In The Payoff Scandal? | The Boneyard

Could Nike Be Next In The Payoff Scandal?

Reaction Score
One of America's most beloved attorneys, Michael Avenatti, has been indicted for extortion and the case may expose Nike as another shoe company involved in payoffs.

Rumors are flying that NCAA President Mark Emmert has already convened a special blue ribbon task force to investigate and go for the death penalty for UConn should the investigation show uNC/Duke/Kentucky/Kansas were the four schools involved.

Michael Avenatti’s arrest doesn’t erase the fact he may have dirt on college basketball

Reaction Score
He's on a roll this morning...

Michael Avenatti @MichaelAvenatti 2 hours ago
Contrary to Nike’s claims yesterday, they have NOT been cooperating with investigators for over a year. Unless you count lying in response to subpoenas and withholding documents as “cooperating.” They are trying to divert attention from their own crimes.

Michael Avenatti @MichaelAvenatti 2 hours ago
Ask DeAndre Ayton and Nike about the cash payments to his mother and others. Nike’s attempt at diversion and cover-up will fail miserably once prosecutors realize they have been played by Nike and their lawyers at Boies. This reaches the highest levels of Nike.

Michael Avenatti @MichaelAvenatti 3 minutes ago
Bol Bol and his handlers also received large sums from Nike. The receipts are clear as day. A lot of people at Nike will have to account for their criminal conduct, starting with Carlton DeBose & moving higher up. The diversion charade they orchestrated against me will be exposed

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Goodman mentioned that the coach Avenatti was representing was Gary Franklin Sr. who coached both Ayton and Bol with Cal Supreme, so that all makes sense. It will be interesting to see what other skeletons emerge.

Side Note: I believe that’s the same Gary Franklin from George Dohrmann’s book “Play Their Hearts Out” about a group of kids in the AAU scene 10-15 years ago. Great, great read

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One of America's most beloved attorneys, Michael Avenatti, has been indicted for extortion and the case may expose Nike as another shoe company involved in payoffs.

Rumors are flying that NCAA President Mark Emmert has already convened a special blue ribbon task force to investigate and go for the death penalty for UConn should the investigation show uNC/Duke/Kentucky/Kansas were the four schools involved.

Michael Avenatti’s arrest doesn’t erase the fact he may have dirt on college basketball

Beloved? He's a scumbag. Long before his indictment that was the case. Kansas is an Adidas school, they are in enough hot water as it is, but Nike certainly isn't going to add to it.

Reaction Score
This has got to be the most inept shakedown I've ever seen. Good lord. And it's not like he was trying it on the law offices of Brad Scintillo APC. This is the big leagues.

That being said, I can't imagine why anyone would think Nike isn't up to its eyeballs in this stuff.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We already knew that Arizona was involved with some sketchy stuff with Ayton, that came out last year. The Bol Bol stuff is new. I don’t understand his angle here though isn’t he implicating his client in this? Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re not allowed to “sell” kids to college programs right?

Nightmare stuff for the NCAA now they have 2 teams in the sweet 16 implicated in the scandal.

Reaction Score
Beloved? He's a scumbag. Long before his indictment that was the case. Kansas is an Adidas school, they are in enough hot water as it is, but Nike certainly isn't going to add to it.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking.
For a second I though this was a prediction of Avenatti's defense.

1553658805570.png

"OMG Stormy they thought I was serious!!!"​

Reaction Score
Now he is just throwing out stuff....

The old "ancient aliens" tactic of throwing out a question to establish a fact...

What’s the real reason McCoy - a 5 star recruit - went to struggling UNLV? What does Shaun Manning, his “guardian,” know about it?

Or...What is the real reason that the 5 star, 7 foot center, James Wiseman, turned down offers from UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, FSU, Tennessee, and signed with Memphis?

Avenatti was trying to shake down Nike for $20 million....he is a crook...and worse, a publicity hungry, avaricious attorney.

Reaction Score
Why are so many folks in Nigeria sporting New Nikes?

Could it be because of the 74 Nigerians playing NCAA basketball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom