Could Connecticut Bring Buffalo Bills to Hartford, UConn Gets New Stadium? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Could Connecticut Bring Buffalo Bills to Hartford, UConn Gets New Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Hartford Bills just doesn't sound as good as the Buffalo Bills....maybe Hartford Harrys.

Reaction Score
Sure. The state will will build a new NFL stadium with the Bills then moving in. It will happen right after the new Hartford Civic Center has been built. ;)
It would make sense for Hartford to build an indoor football/multi-sports stadium that can be used for conventions. Most on the Boneyard don't support such options. It likely would pay for itself if Hartford's economy skyrocketed.

Reaction Score
lolol rowland was a shill. you also prob thought danbury had a good shot at amazon HQ2.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sure let Buffalo pretend they’re going to move to Hartford.
Our politicians should then pretend after a sizable contribution to UConn athletics to have bogus plans for the construction of a fabulous facility.
We could repeat this scam every few years when a team wants to extort it’s current city.
If questioned we could just call it a relocation tax.

Reaction Score
Sure let Buffalo pretend they’re going to move to Hartford.
Our politicians should then pretend after a sizable contribution to UConn athletics to have bogus plans for the construction of a fabulous facility.
We could repeat this scam every few years when a team wants to extort it’s current city.
If questioned we could just call it a relocation tax.
Hartford? How about we pretend the Bills want to move to Storrs instead?

Reaction Score
Can you guys just accept that CT is a minor league state already? We're never getting Big 4 sports so just stop wasting your brainpower on it.
One of the most densely populated regions in the country.

You do realize most P4 schools are in minor league locations, right?

Reaction Score
Let me be clear. Buffalo or an any other NFL will never move to Hartford. But the reality is the NFL is the one major league sport that could make it in Hartford. With a relatively short season and mainly Sunday games the draw would be beyond the metro Hartford region. Of course, my theory will never be tested.

Reaction Score
he didnt say p4 he said big 4 i.e. nfl, nba, mlb, nhl.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let me be clear. Buffalo or an any other NFL will never move to Hartford. But the reality is the NFL is the one major league sport that could make it in Hartford. With a relatively short season and mainly Sunday games the draw would be beyond the metro Hartford region. Of course, my theory will never be tested.
sure if green bay can have a football team pretty much anyone can but if san diego and st louis couldnt keep their teams b/c there was more money to be made in bigger markets then Hartford aint getting one either

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yes. And already surrounded by professional football teams not wanting (or serving a need) another team in the immediate area.

Reaction Score
Bills to Austin is a done deal.
Jerry is adamantly against. Not saying he’s beloved by his fellow owners but don’t think he’s hated either. He has made the NFL and his owners some $$$

Reaction Score
Jerry is adamantly against. Not saying he’s beloved by his fellow owners but don’t think he’s hated either. He has made the NFL and his owners some $$$
yeah and over UT's dead body is austin getting a pro football team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah and over UT's dead body is austin getting a pro football team
Aust has 2.3M people metro. San Ant (1.5 hrs away) has another 2.6M.

Each is bigger than Buffalo, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Nashville, Cleveland, Indi, KC, Cinci.
That area is getting a team sooner or later.

Reaction Score
Aust has 2.3M people metro. San Ant (1.5 hrs away) has another 2.6M.

Each is bigger than Buffalo, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Nashville, Cleveland, Indi, KC, Cinci.
That area is getting a team sooner or later.
I agree it should go in San Antonio along w/ the spurs but that's beside my point. UT will do anything to remain the sole "pro" sports team in austin and if anyone has the political influence to do so it's them.

Reaction Score

Big 4 is referring to: NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA

Major 4 is the right term maybe? I don't remember

Reaction Score
Big 4 is referring to: NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA

Major 4 is the right term maybe? I don't remember
It's "Big 4", though the MLS is catching up.

I was having optical illusions when I read that post.

Reaction Score
I agree it should go in San Antonio along w/ the spurs but that's beside my point. UT will do anything to remain the sole "pro" sports team in austin and if anyone has the political influence to do so it's them.
No one, except maybe San Antonio, benefits by Austin remaining a 2nd class city. SA already has the NBA. Is Austin going to let them have the NFL too?

Austin is one of just two metros > 2M people without a major sports team. (The other is Riverside CA, which is greater LA.) In a decade, it'll be approaching 3M.

Reaction Score
No one, except maybe San Antonio, benefits by Austin remaining a 2nd class city.
austin getting an nfl team is not going to help the university of texas in any way it would just be something they dont want to share all the attention with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom