Coronavirus and FF | The Boneyard

Coronavirus and FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw photos of completely empty stadiums for Japanese baseball games and wondered what effect it will have on March Madness (maybe the second word is answer) and baseball opening day.

Reaction Score
They're considering playing March Madness in empty stands. Not joking. Heard it this morning. They're playing Italian league soccer games like that in northern Italy now (soccer games are huge there).

Reaction Score
Most schools in China, Japan and Korea are closed, All classes are on-line teaching.

So March Madness will be all watched on-line, no live stadium ....;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not to worry the NCAA is working on a plan as we speak:

1583166049941.png

Reaction Score
That is hard to predict. Anywhere from huge to marginal. The number of new cases will go up and the curve could be pretty steep. As the numbers go up some some public events could be cancelled and regardless people may not want to be in crowds. All we can do is wait and see how this plays out. I personally have stocked up on essentials so hanging out in the house for awhile is doable.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
If they cancel the FF, and play it next season and the Huskies make it, is the streak still alive?

Reaction Score
New update,
  • Six people in the US have died from the coronavirus, all in Washington state.
  • The US has reported 100 coronavirus cases in total.
  • That tally includes 44 people who were on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan and three people evacuated from China.
This is the most accurate and updated coronavirus web by Johns Hopkins,

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While the coronavirus is certainly serious, there seems to be a level of panic with it that is disproportional to the threat it really poses. Flu and its complications account for something between 12,000 - 60,000 US deaths each year and 100,000s of hospitalizations.

Not saying people shouldn't be actively working to contain the spread of coronavirus but some perspective is useful.

Reaction Score
While the coronavirus is certainly serious, there seems to be a level of panic with it that is disproportional to the threat it really poses. Flu and its complications account for something between 12,000 - 60,000 US deaths each year and 100,000s of hospitalizations.

Not saying people shouldn't be actively working to contain the spread of coronavirus but some perspective is useful.
Agree 100%, but this is the twitter age where everything get blown way out of proportion. The sky always has to be falling for some to be happy, (especially when it helps their cause).

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
What's interesting is that the number of folks who get their news/info from twitter is miniscule....so, who IS driving the news cycle?

Reaction Score

If this disease spreads on a widespread scale, it'll be a historic epidemic.

My South Korean chiropractor is encouraging me to wear a mask in public, as I have a compromised immune system. I'll take his advice over people from the internet.

Reaction Score
If this disease spreads on a widespread scale, it'll be a historic epidemic.

My South Korean chiropractor is encouraging me to wear a mask in public, as I have a compromised immune system. I'll take his advice over people from the internet.
The only people who benefit from a mask are the people who are selling the masks.

Reaction Score
The flu virus survives must better in cool temperatures and dry air. We are approaching the end of the flu season so as the temperatures warm up the virus spread will slow down.

Reaction Score
I bought a box of N95 mask (30 pcs) end of January for $14.95 from Amazon. Now the same item in Amazon is selling $16.95 per piece. Just crazy ...unbelievable.

That's because people like you keep buying masks when they don't do anything to prevent the spread of the virus lol. This is from the surgeon general directly.

Surgeon General Urges the Public to Stop Buying Face Masks

Reaction Score
They're considering playing March Madness in empty stands. Not joking. Heard it this morning. They're playing Italian league soccer games like that in northern Italy now (soccer games are huge there).
Just as a note; Cars over-ran the parking lot at Costco's in LA this morning. Normally, before 11:00am, the lot is half empty ( and the lot is huge ). Today, cars were 3-4 deep, waiting in each parking aisle for someone to leave. We gave up and went home.

Buying supplies for the great hibernation to come. Costco stock up 10% today.

If people stop doing everything, the economy will tank. And it is a self-sustaining negative proposition. Revenues decline, layoffs occur, people's income diminishes, spending dries up, more companies fail, followed by more lay-offs.

Hope we are all over-reacting.

Ugh.

Reaction Score
What you mean keep buying? I only bought once by the request from my relatives whom live in China now. What you have done to prevent the spread of the virus? I guess nothing ...except to accuse others.

I am not accusing you of being the only reason for the shortage of these masks. I wasn't under the impression that you single handedly put the global supply of these at risk.

I'm simply saying that its you and others like yourself that don't do their research that caused this shortage, which is supported by the article I linked. :)

Reaction Score
Just as a note; Cars over-ran the parking lot at Costco's in LA this morning. Normally, before 11:00am, the lot is half empty ( and the lot is huge ). Today, cars were 3-4 deep, waiting in each parking aisle for someone to leave. We gave up and went home.

Buying supplies for the great hibernation to come. Costco stock up 10% today.

If people stop doing everything, the economy will tank. And it is a self-sustaining negative proposition. Revenues decline, layoffs occur, people's income diminishes, spending dries up, more companies fail, followed by more lay-offs.

Hope we are all over-reacting.

Ugh.
Agree. It is a nature to buy stuffs when all your friends and neighbors are buying, special in CA. Prepare for the worst but not to accumulate and not to be panic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom