2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Somehow his composite on 247 went DOWN to 127 lol. No way there are 126 juniors better than him. Impossible

Reaction Score
Bring him onboard and his teammate Simeon Wilcher as well! Lets go!

Reaction Score
He mentioned that the college court is bigger than the high school court. Is that true? If so, I learned something.

Reaction Score
He mentioned that the college court is bigger than the high school court. Is that true? If so, I learned something.
Heck yea. Ballin at alumni hall at Fairfield U use to have me ready to pass out after a run LOL

Reaction Score
It depends on the court, I suppose. But regulation size is the same. Not all courts are regulation size though - at least at HS and below. I'm sure all D1 NCAA courts are regulation.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Staff love this kid.. huge ceiling.
Good system fit. Hurley loves to get his guards heading downhill off screens exactly how RC uses him. He even uses a jump stop which Hurley teaches religiously that no one on the current team uses.

Reaction Score
Somehow his composite on 247 went DOWN to 127 lol. No way there are 126 juniors better than him. Impossible
I must be a terrible judge of talent because i see at least a top 75 kid. Can attack the basket, can shoot, can dunk in short spaces and while not super athletic definitely is a +athlete. Maybe hes slow? Doesnt matter im excited about him coming here.

Reaction Score
Other than the top 15-25, I have no faith in rankings, and prefer to trust my coach's instincts. The Champagnie brothers were around 400, Posh Alexander was 350, Jared Bynum wasn't in the top 500. Bouknight wasn't in the top 50, Martin wasn't in the top 200.

Reaction Score
I must be a terrible judge of talent because i see at least a top 75 kid. Can attack the basket, can shoot, can dunk in short spaces and while not super athletic definitely is a +athlete. Maybe hes slow? Doesnt matter im excited about him coming here.
He is absolutely under-ranked. I wouldn’t pay much attention to that at all. I think it’s because LY he was a sophomore at Roselle and was playing behind a line of really good seniors. I expect his ranking to go up, but don’t care if it doesn’t

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Other than the top 15-25, I have no faith in rankings, and prefer to trust my coach's instincts. The Champagnie brothers were around 400, Posh Alexander was 350, Jared Bynum wasn't in the top 500. Bouknight wasn't in the top 50, Martin wasn't in the top 200.
To be fair Posh was a consensus top 100 kid before his injury. He missed his senior year AAU circuit and slid hard. For a while everyone thought he was going to Seton Hall. When Hall missed on him that’s when they went after Aiken. He was very heavily recruited by big east schools.

THC

Reaction Score
Did anyone else read this article? Couple lines that caught my attention.

"Corey Floyd Jr., the 6-foot-4, 210-pound UConn commit from Roselle Catholic (NJ), is now officially done with his high school career."

"Though he’s in the Class of 2022, he’s looking ahead to joining coach Dan Hurley and the Huskies next year."

Reclass, or poorly written?

Reaction Score

"Corey Floyd Jr., the 6-foot-4, 210-pound UConn commit from Roselle Catholic (NJ), is now officially done with his high school career."

"Though he’s in the Class of 2022, he’s looking ahead to joining coach Dan Hurley and the Huskies next year."

WOW. First i’m hearing of it. That would be amazing

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score

We have the scholarships available. If can reclass, why not? Even if he doesn't play significant minutes, a full year under the UConn staff would be much better than his high school

Reaction Score
Given his age my guess is it was just a poorly written sentence and he meant next year as in 2022
Yeah, that sentence seems to leave little doubt about the meaning of the sentence but I guess we’ll find out soon enough if Zags does know something.

Reactions: THC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69