2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr. update 10/26/20 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr. update 10/26/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“UConn and the staff there have made it clear to me that I am their number one guard on their list and they think I would fit perfectly into their system.”

Curious to see where his ranking ends up, seems like he’s due for a bump.
Four-star junior Corey Floyd Jr. talks his recruitment

He's been dropping over the last year pretty consistently. Only composite #113 now--I think his size is impacting his play. I still think he'd be a good addition. Roselle is an important program to stay connected with.

Reaction Score
He's been dropping over the last year pretty consistently. Only composite #113 now--I think his size is impacting his play. I still think he'd be a good addition. Roselle is an important program to stay connected with.
So besides the obvious that they primarily play different positions, why so much more apparent interest in Floyd than Brown? Floyd is clearly more a scorer while Brown projects as a more natural PG, but both seem more combo guard-ish since they're not elite in either role.

neither seems likely to be an immediate contributor with Gaffney (Sr), Diggins (So), and Hawkins (So) ahead of them. Not to mention a likely addition of another (hopefully) highly ranked guard and/or grad transfer (or regular transfer once the immediate eligibility happens).

Just seems to me like if you're recruiting for a likely 4th or 5th guard you take the one who's ready to commit. Reminds me of the scenario with that kid couple years ago who was practically begging to come here but KO passed and he ended up at PSU. Ultimately didn't seem like a huge loss, but certainly seemed like someone who could have contributed on some level here

Reaction Score
After seeing Jr. in the Slam event all I can say is I like him over Cruz and Gayle. See Floyd's self evaluation below.

Gayle was invisible the entire game and Cruz just didn't seem as "engaged" as Diggins, Floyd and Brantley. Floyd looked tough and aggressive and played hard, while Cruz seemed in "Cruz Control", not standing out or doing much until he had three cheap dunks in garbage time.

Two things I like about Jr.:
1. His grammar. Floyd, Jr when asked about any new schools involved said: “Also Coach Diebler from Ohio State with whom I’ve had a zoom call.”
How many people today would correctly use "whom" as he did in his response? :rolleyes:

2. His self evaluation when asked to describe his game: “I’d say I’m a very versatile player, I can score the ball from the outside as well as at the rim and through contact. I’m a very selfless player who likes to get all my teammates involved and likes to make the right play instead of forcing up bad shots. I like to get after it on defense and pressure ball handlers and get easy points off steals.”

Sounds like tough, well-rounded, player. Maybe another CV or better? A DH dream recruit.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
His size?

Reaction Score
He isn't good enough for the big $$$ yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

But, but, but, there's so much time left for him to further develop. Let's hope Lil Sool is right!

Reaction Score
His game reminds me of Wayne Selden. I think he will have a great college career, but his ceiling will be pretty limited at 6'3. Would be a great get, and we are in a good position.

Reaction Score
His game reminds me of Wayne Selden. I think he will have a great college career, but his ceiling will be pretty limited at 6'3. Would be a great get, and we are in a good position.
Disagree on ceiling. .Coach Mike would/could turn him into a different type of player .. Adding to his speed and strength....He may also have a growing spurt of an inch or two (as many of these guys have in college) that could change his future BB options at the next level.. Still has time to grow.. Seems underrated by "experts" right now.. Lil Sool is all in on him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom