2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr. short highlight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr. short highlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Down 3 with a minute and a half left you’re basically calling your best play. Their play here was to have Wilcher inbounding to hit Corey for an elbow 3 off a screen. They clearly trust his shooting. Scouting report on him used to be explosive slasher, average shooter. That’s clearly not the case anymore. Kid is sinking 3s left and right.
If he can hit 35%+ from 3 he becomes a real problem to guard. Way too strong at the rim to close out hard and risk the blow by.
That's right, this is a huge step forward. He has another year of high school left too.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Purvis, but more explosive off the bounce. Nice.
Already built like Brendan Adams!
Purvis was super explosive in high school and was always a top 15 type recruit but it seems like he peaked early and other kids caught up to him. He was still fast and strong in college but he has short arms and small hands which gave him problems finishing at the rim, Floyd has long arms and big hands.

Floyd is already a lot more built than Adams.

I don't understand Floyd's national ranking. He was a kid people knew about nationally entering high school and was ranked significantly higher. Somehow his ranking has consistently gone down as he's gotten a lot bigger and better.

Reaction Score
That's right, this is a huge step forward. He has another year of high school left too.

I like that we're prioritizing guys with a variety of skills on the offensive end that can all shoot. 'Sool is an elite distributor and improving shooter. Hawkins is the 3 and D every team needs. Sounds like Johnson is a great shooter for a 6'11 pf/c and can mix it up inside and out. Though he is still a project. And obviously Floyd is just a do-it-all tank scoring the rock. And 3/4 of those guys are known as good or better defenders too.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I'm shocked I'm the first to mention his A+ Cobra Kai headband/1980's Umbro shorts combo.
The question is will he be allowed to wear this in college. I couldn’t find a clear answer but I think the answer is no.

Reaction Score
Purvis was super explosive in high school and was always a top 15 type recruit but it seems like he peaked early and other kids caught up to him. He was still fast and strong in college but he has short arms and small hands which gave him problems finishing at the rim, Floyd has long arms and big hands.

Floyd is already a lot more built than Adams.

I don't understand Floyd's national ranking. He was a kid people knew about nationally entering high school and was ranked significantly higher. Somehow his ranking has consistently gone down as he's gotten a lot bigger and better.
Ranking hurt by COVID impact on last summer's AAU season and this year's HS season. Under valued as a result.

If he can get some games to play this summer(AAU) and next HS season, by the time he steps on campus his ranking will be more in line with his true talent/potential.

Great timing for DH to get him on board before the rankings bump. Sounds like he really wants to make some noise in Storrs Excellent prospect. Only 17 and still growing.

Reaction Score
I like that we're prioritizing guys with a variety of skills on the offensive end that can all shoot. 'Sool is an elite distributor and improving shooter. Hawkins is the 3 and D every team needs. Sounds like Johnson is a great shooter for a 6'11 pf/c and can mix it up inside and out. Though he is still a project. And obviously Floyd is just a do-it-all tank scoring the rock. And 3/4 of those guys are known as good or better defenders too.
Does Floyd have a good 3pt shot? That would be what separates him in my opinion. Serious question, I haven’t seen him play other than a couple mix tapes. If he can shoot 32%+ from 3 and create his own shot then I’m even more excited about him than before.

Reaction Score
I might wear in my classroom
Not the first time that style head band has been worn. Good to see him bringing it back and showing some respect to those who came before him and had been trailblazers.

Reaction Score
Not the first time that style head band has been worn. Good to see him bringing it back and showing some respect to those who came before him and had been trailblazers.
Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Reaction Score
White vs black is more appropriate for BB.. Black is not cool. Black is Hollywood.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Does Floyd have a good 3pt shot? That would be what separates him in my opinion. Serious question, I haven’t seen him play other than a couple mix tapes. If he can shoot 32%+ from 3 and create his own shot then I’m even more excited about him than before.
As I discussed earlier in the thread better than serviceable 3pt shooter. 40%+ in high school. Explosive finisher at the rim who seeks contact, can finish with either hand. Excels in transition and off screens, downhill stuff. Can play back to the basket in the post too. Where he struggles is in shot creation, he doesn’t create enough space for himself. He doesn’t have a mid-range game, no stop and pop or floaters/runners. Can tighten up the ball handling a little as well. Definitely an off guard, great system fit. The Purvis comparison is apt.

Reaction Score
As I discussed earlier in the thread better than serviceable 3pt shooter. 40%+ in high school. Explosive finisher at the rim who seeks contact, can finish with either hand. Excels in transition and off screens, downhill stuff. Can play back to the basket in the post too. Where he struggles is in shot creation, he doesn’t create enough space for himself. He doesn’t have a mid-range game, no stop and pop or floaters/runners. Can tighten up the ball handling a little as well. Definitely an off guard, great system fit. The Purvis comparison is apt.
This is not meant to be a knock on Floyd because I have no idea what kind of shooter he is but these HS 3P% have to be taken with a million grains of salt. Gilbert shot 54% in HS and can barely crack 30% in college. Andre Jackson shot 45% and can barely hit the backboard in college

Reaction Score
This is not meant to be a knock on Floyd because I have no idea what kind of shooter he is but these HS 3P% have to be taken with a million grains of salt. Gilbert shot 54% in HS and can barely crack 30% in college. Andre Jackson shot 45% and can barely hit the backboard in college

Whoever said Andre hit 45% from 3 is a bold-faced liar. Probably a friend at his hs milking his stats for him or something.

Reaction Score
He just turned 17 and has two HS seasons in front of him to develop other parts of his game. His upside is way higher than Purvis.

My guess is he won't step on the out of bounds line anywhere near as many times as Purvis did.

Reaction Score
He just turned 17 and has two HS seasons in front of him to develop other parts of his game. His upside is way higher than Purvis.

My guess is he won't step on the out of bounds line anywhere near as many times as Purvis did.

I hope you're right and I agree I that he could end up being a more well rounded and better player than Rodney. Problem is Purvis was an excellent HS player and a 5 star recruit. I disagree with the poster above that said CF Jr. is more explosive off the bounce - Rodney was incredibly explosive in HS but it seemed to disappear in college for some reason.

After Purvis (and others including Gaffney) I've learned to temper my expectations for players that dunk over everyone in HS. It doesn't always translate to college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom