2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr. previews college decision | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr. previews college decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Figured I'd put this article in its own thread since the other thread is now a cluster----.

UConn: “They’re recruiting me the hardest right now. They want me to come in and be an instant impact on both the offensive end and defensive end. The coaching staff is great.”

I think I've seen that quote before. Don't know if it's new or recycled.

Reaction Score
Figured I'd put this article in its own thread since the other thread is now a cluster----.

UConn: “They’re recruiting me the hardest right now. They want me to come in and be an instant impact on both the offensive end and defensive end. The coaching staff is great.”

I think I've seen that quote before. Don't know if it's new or recycled.

Has Kevin Ollie ever been able to recruit like this? Oh damn did you mention the other thread? :eek: :D

Reaction Score
Great two way guard.. At 17 yrs of age (tomorrow)..Imagine if he was to grow another inch or two (ala JHawk) before coming on campus??

Have seen quote before but is timely as it simply reinforces the level of interest DH/staff have in him..

Looking forward to news tomorrow..

Trying to stay in the lane of your OP..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have a situation this year which allows us to understand how important it is to bring in as many solid, impactful players in each position as we can. This kid fits the bill in so many ways it's exciting to think he, Rashool and Hawk would be at least 3 of our guards in 2 years. Keep the momentum DH and staff, this is a huge get if it does happen.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Has Kevin Ollie ever been able to recruit like this?'
neither a rabid supporter nor a continually butthurt hater for mr ollie, at some point, the fact that polley, whaley, and joshy are his recruits deserves respect. how's that working out for us?

Reaction Score
neither a rabid supporter nor a continually butthurt hater for mr ollie, at some point, the fact that polley, whaley, and joshy are his recruits deserves respect. how's that working out for us?

There was sarcasm in this reply FYI and I would agree.

Reaction Score
i think it's the opposite. hurley deserves the credit for polishing ollie's turds. all 3 were headed no where before he turned them into different players.
I think one thing that was abundantly clear to anyone with eyeballs that were operational is that players did not improve under Ollie. No way Jalen Adams shouldn't be in the NBA. He just didn't know how to develop players. Period.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i think it's the opposite. hurley deserves the credit for polishing ollie's turds. all 3 were headed no where before he helped mold them into different players.

I actually think Hurley broke Josh, before he resurrected him again this year. The article on Whaley suggests he was buried and didn't know why. I think Hurley missed the boat there initially, before IW forced him to take notice.

Reaction Score
I agree KO deserves credit for bringing in Polley, Whalley and Carlton. I think that these guys have each thrived under Coach Hurley, perhaps more than they would have under another coach but credit must be given to KO who found these guys and secured their commitment to UCONN.

Reaction Score
i think it's the opposite. hurley deserves the credit for polishing ollie's turds. all 3 were headed no where before he helped mold them into different players.

Hurley definitely deserves credit for their development but all of them could have transferred out, especially Whaley who Hurley didn't seem to want at all. They are high character recruits before Hurley and Ollie.

Reaction Score
That is an awful way to refer to 3 of our current players. How about putting a little thought into defining our players before hitting the keyboard.

Reaction Score
Look at what other schools recruited them, their performance under Ollie and their performance under Hurley.
Yes, I'd say they're high character - took their lumps, internalized, transformed their conditioning and their games. Not sure that happens under the previous regime when we were getting our doors blown off

Reaction Score
That is an awful way to refer to 3 of our current players. How about putting a little thought into defining our players before hitting the keyboard.
it's a comical figure of speech relax

Reaction Score
Seriously? It's a comical figure of speech that insults the subject of the comparison.
the implication is theyre now golden nuggets. whaley and polley are my two favorite players on the team because of how much they improved. so dont get your panties in a bunch again. as a matter a fact, dont bother quoting me cause i couldnt care less about your opnion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Received a third Rivals FutureCast pick this morning.

1610566647215.png

Reaction Score
View attachment 63546

Jerry Meyer joins in on the crystal ball for Corey Floyd Jr.
Scanned this quickly, and was like, what homer analyst is picking Florida?!?! then realized Tre Donaldson prediction is sandwiched between those 2...carry on

I know grain of salt and all that...but is it typical for these guys to put a 6 for confidence? Does that not cost them as much clout if they get it wrong?

Reaction Score
Has Kevin Ollie ever been able to recruit like this? Oh damn did you mention the other thread? :eek: :D
Post #2 and your sarcasm has derailed the thread. In the future you may want to announce that the post will contain sarcasm and hopefully they will get it.

Reaction Score
We have a situation this year which allows us to understand how important it is to bring in as many solid, impactful players in each position as we can. This kid fits the bill in so many ways it's exciting to think he, Rashool and Hawk would be at least 3 of our guards in 2 years. Keep the momentum DH and staff, this is a huge get if it does happen.
Is Corey Floyd Jr being brought in for next season or 2 years from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom