2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Highlights | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love how after the first dunk, Corey almost body slams his teammate that just came to celebrate.

Can we give Hawkins a QBs red shirt for practice? Floyd is going to break our best shooter if he is catching bodies like that

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This young man has tremendous ball and body control. In a highlight reel filled with speed and direction changes, many in traffic, I noted two travels/carries -- in the strictest sense, and one of those was questionable. And nothing that could remotely be called a charge.

In today's game, that's almost unheard of.

But can he play defense? Because if he can, he's like a guard version of Adama. Big and strong with moves.

Did I mention that I like this kid?

Reaction Score
This young man has tremendous ball and body control. In a highlight reel filled with speed and direction changes, many in traffic, I noted two travels/carries -- in the strictest sense, and one of those was questionable. And nothing that could remotely be called a charge.

In today's game, that's almost unheard of.

But can he play defense? Because if he can, he's like a guard version of Adama. Big and strong with moves.

Did I mention that I like this kid?
What's defense now a days. Shadow you man to the hoop or give up a wide open 3. My kids are like dad you play D like you are wearing those tight shorts in those videos you showed us. You have been asked not to come back to the court for 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
I just love this kid’s game. We usually don’t get a player coming in as physically mature as Corey. And he’s still really young. I can just imagine him with a year or 2 of college level S&C.

Reaction Score
So what's up with the ranking? People are calling this kid an NBA player so I'm curious why he can't break into the top 100.

For people that actually know something about recruiting I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I'm not interested in a dopey "well, he committed to UConn - if he was going to Duke he'd be top 20."

Reaction Score
So what's up with the ranking? People are calling this kid an NBA player so I'm curious why he can't break into the top 100.

For people that actually know something about recruiting I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I'm not interested in a dopey "well, he committed to UConn - if he was going to Duke he'd be top 20."

I DM'd with a national recruiting guy the other week. Says that Corey will still be in the 100-150 range after their next update because 1) size. He's basically a 6'3 small forward. 2) His shooting is suspect. 3) 1v1 shot creating, he doesn't necessarily know how to shoot off the dribble and is easy to guard in iso situations.

Reaction Score
I DM'd with a national recruiting guy the other week. Says that Corey will still be in the 100-150 range after their next update because 1) size. He's basically a 6'3 small forward. 2) His shooting is suspect. 3) 1v1 shot creating, he doesn't necessarily know how to shoot off the dribble and is easy to guard in iso situations.
So the “better” BA comps are fair

Reaction Score
So the “better” BA comps are fair

I would agree with that. IMO his recruitment shows that we're recognizing the need for role players, and elevating the type of role players that we're bringing in. No more Jumpman, or guards that are going to take 2 years before they can even touch the floor without being a liability.

There's a lot of hyperbole about his game on here, and I've definitely been a part of that. I think he stands a chance of being a really, really good player for us. But more likely he's a solid team guy and a foundational piece that plays within a team concept. The kind of guy you need on top-10 teams to complement your stars.

Reaction Score
Sounds like someone who will excel with talent around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom