Corey Evans says UCONN with lots of momentum heading into the fall... | The Boneyard

Corey Evans says UCONN with lots of momentum heading into the fall...

Reaction Score
Im obviously UConn biased but its hard for me to see how Hurley can fail. Seeing the progression of the players, like with Cobb, thats a big transformation. That along with these hard practices and the players that were recruiting for 2019?!? Yeah were UConn and we have that brand but hes doing a tremendous job for a program that has seen its only losing seasons since I dont even know when.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is so fluid you just never know and even when a recruit signs a LOI it isn't the end. So many recruits over the years go someplace else at the last minute or decommitt. I try very hard to ignore optimistic reports like Evan's in an effort to temper optimism. It never really works and like most fans I get sucked in.

Reaction Score
I'd rather be in this position with recruits than not but this is almost like being ranked in the top 10 prior to the season beginning as opposed to being top 10 in the middle or end of the season. We gotta close with a few of these recruits. We do that and show improvement on the court this season and it could set the stage for Hurley to really start building something here again. I do like that it feels like momentum is building though instead of waiting for another shoe to drop.

Reaction Score
Wanted to read this. Page came up, rivals can not be viewed outside USA. DAMN!! What's with this crap? It's basketball, not national security.

Reaction Score
So it seems as though we’ve moved on from Delaire. If we land Achiuwa it won’t really matter but curious as to why we backed off.

Reaction Score
Im obviously UConn biased but its hard for me to see how Hurley can fail. Seeing the progression of the players, like with Cobb, thats a big transformation. That along with these hard practices and the players that were recruiting for 2019?!? Yeah were UConn and we have that brand but hes doing a tremendous job for a program that has seen its only losing seasons since I dont even know when.
We can easily fail. It came down to us and Texas for Mo Bamba. Mo picked Texas. It came down to us and Kentucky for Hamidou D. He picked Kentucky. If we had both of those guys last year Kevin would still be employed.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So it looks like right now we lead with Achiuwa and Bouknight. We’re in the mix with Mitchell, Dawes, Wong, Akok, Gaffney. Outside shot at Cockburn, Watts, Quinones and have moved on from Delaire who seems to wants to go to an Academic school.

Reaction Score
We can easily fail. It came down to us and Texas for Mo Bamba. Mo picked Texas. It came down to us and Kentucky for Hamidou D. He picked Kentucky. If we had both of those guys last year Kevin would still be employed.

Maybe, but we still wouldn’t have been good. Besides, one of the reasons we didn’t get them was that KO never built the momentum off 2014 he could have. Do you remember the feature pieces on KO during and after the title run? How about Jalen Rose saying if he was going to college now, he’d go to UConn and play for KO? So much working in KO’s favor then, but we lost out because he wasn’t working hard on the trail.

Hurley doesn’t have those things going for him yet he’s in good with a bunch of kids. Everyone knows the staff is busting butt. The recruiting effort is much more aggressive. We could strike out, but I don’t feel too nervous about it. I think this staff is putting in the effort to have much better Plan B/C players if we miss on Plan A guys. We’ve become used to missing on big names and backfilling with transfers and lesser known freshmen. That’s probably over.

Reaction Score
Eh, to me the vibe of the program has skyrocketed and nobody knows how well Hurley will even do. And about the whole Hamidou situation, obviously we wouldve been better... but the squad was so poorly coached. The offensive sets were absolutely horrible. Kevin doesnt get enough credit for what he did for this program but hes gone for a reason. 2 straight losing seasons? Cmon weve won 4 nattys in 15 years.

Reaction Score
So it looks like right now we lead with Achiuwa and Bouknight. We’re in the mix with Mitchell, Dawes, Wong, Akok, Gaffney. Outside shot at Cockburn, Watts, Quinones and have moved on from Delaire who seems to wants to go to an Academic school.
Care to elaborate on Cockburn? Thought we led for him. Did I miss something?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom