Corey Evans says UCONN with lots of momentum heading into the fall... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Corey Evans says UCONN with lots of momentum heading into the fall...

Reaction Score
Eh, to me the vibe of the program has skyrocketed and nobody knows how well Hurley will even do. And about the whole Hamidou situation, obviously we wouldve been better... but the squad was so poorly coached. The offensive sets were absolutely horrible. Kevin doesnt get enough credit for what he did for this program but hes gone for a reason. 2 straight losing seasons? Cmon weve won 4 nattys in 15 years.

Who knows if Diallo would have made a big difference. Look at his year at Kentucky. The team went 26-11. Hardly what you'd expect from all those 5 stars and McD's AA's.
Diallo averaged 10 pts, 3.6 rbs, shot 42.8% on two's, 33.8% on three's and 61.6% on ft's.
If he'd been at UConn we probably would have blamed poor coaching for his poor stats.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Wanted to read this. Page came up, rivals can not be viewed outside USA. DAMN!! What's with this crap? It's basketball, not national security.

Subscribe to a VPN. $10 a month. Well worth it. I like VyprVPN or HideMyAss.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Subscribe to a VPN. $10 a month. Well worth it. I like VyprVPN or HideMyAss.

HideMyAss is $6.99 for a year. Definitely worth the money.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
HideMyAss is $6.99 for a year. Definitely worth the money.

It's $84 if you're prepaying for a year. The $6.99 is the per month calculation. $7 for a year would be a steal :)

Reaction Score
Who knows if Diallo would have made a big difference. Look at his year at Kentucky. The team went 26-11. Hardly what you'd expect from all those 5 stars and McD's AA's.
Diallo averaged 10 pts, 3.6 rbs, shot 42.8% on two's, 33.8% on three's and 61.6% on ft's.
If he'd been at UConn we probably would have blamed poor coaching for his poor stats.
I agree. I have been saying for awhile that the Kentucky formula does not work well. You get all these guys, yeah, great, on paper you have the best team. But I think more often than not one and dones are more concerned about themselves than winning at the school.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I agree. I have been saying for awhile that the Kentucky formula does not work well. You get all these guys, yeah, great, on paper you have the best team. But I think more often than not one and dones are more concerned about themselves than winning at the school.

Most people would love to have Kentucky's year to year record, , and championships. The tough thing to swallow if I were a Kentucky fan is the number of years they underperform in the tournament. Winning when you are supposed to win, is nice. Very nice. But losing when you are supposed to win, sucks.

It's kind of like being a Red Sox fan.

I'd love to see a list ranking teams and coaches by the number of times they've under performed in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He prob wouldve been better here though. UK had their usual NBA roster.

pj

Reaction Score
He prob wouldve been better here though. UK had their usual NBA roster.

He should have enrolled in the fall and gotten a year of college playing time, instead of high school and a semester of sitting at Kentucky. KO did a poor job selling the benefits of college playing experience, and closing.

Reaction Score
Most people would love to have Kentucky's year to year record, , and championships. The tough thing to swallow if I were a Kentucky fan is the number of years they underperform in the tournament. Winning when you are supposed to win, is nice. Very nice. But losing when you are supposed to win, sucks.

I'd love to see a list ranking teams and coaches by the number of times they've under performed in the tournament.
5 of Kentuckys championships were long long ago when it was a different game. In the modern era they have not stood out. Good, yes. Great, no. So getting the guys they get does not work in so far as winning NC's, which is the goal everyone wants to achieve. I'm not sure that is Calaperi's goal. He seems more like he is running an NBA farm team. I am curious to see what all their "rabid fans" think about their under achievement come tournament time.

Reaction Score
He says we haven't had a top ten recruiting class since the Big East. Ollie had a top five class three years ago.

Reaction Score
It's $84 if you're prepaying for a year. The $6.99 is the per month calculation. $7 for a year would be a steal :)
Tunnel Bear is very good and free. They have paid versions as well.

Reaction Score
We can easily fail. It came down to us and Texas for Mo Bamba. Mo picked Texas. It came down to us and Kentucky for Hamidou D. He picked Kentucky. If we had both of those guys last year Kevin would still be employed.
You are probably right. But you imply that both guys were coin flips and KO just got unlucky or that the deciding factor was out of his control. I'm not so sure. Maybe the reason he lost them is precisely the reason why he is no longer employed. And if both recruitments were dirty, well, he never had a chance and wasted his time on them versus other players that could have been good 2-3 year guys for us. Either way, he is responsible. The head coach is always responsible.

Reaction Score
We’re in the top 5-6 for 6 top recruits
I’d say a little premature for class predictions.
We have to have a PG to replace Adams.
Everyone else is bonus
With carrying over Wilson , Carlton, Polley, Whaley, AdamsII , Diarra, maybe even Vital & with Gilbert iffy I see PG as the hole.
We need a Freshman and a Post grad ball handler unless AdamsII and Vital make a big leap in ball skills . Vital might be wise staying and working on those skills if he wants to make money. 6’1” shooting guard doesn’t sound as promising as 6’1” PG who can shoot.
Dyson and RB are making money because they were able to make the switch.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One player for 2019 you can pretty much pencil in is Coach Hunter’s kid who has looked really good on the circuit; started at PG for a top 10-15 AAU program. He also started at PG for the best high school team in Nebraska kid is a legit 3 star prospect. No one is really even going after him because they all assume he’s following his father here. He will not need to take up a scholarship since his father works for the school.

Playing at east catholic next year.
Sautter: Under-the-radar basketball prospects set to emerge during NCAA live evaluation periods

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The thing that would get me is that guys are never there long enough to even develop a 'relationship' with them. It's hard to care about anybody. It's not like those guys feel like alumni or anything.

From my personal perspective, I wouldn't trade places with them. Their record and their system vs ours. It's less enjoyable.

Reaction Score
5 of Kentuckys championships were long long ago when it was a different game. In the modern era they have not stood out. Good, yes. Great, no. So getting the guys they get does not work in so far as winning NC's, which is the goal everyone wants to achieve. I'm not sure that is Calaperi's goal. He seems more like he is running an NBA farm team. I am curious to see what all their "rabid fans" think about their under achievement come tournament time.

I agree with this and will add that we probably have Kentucky to thank for a couple of our recent championships (not just because we beat them head to head). Kentucky now has a solid history of landing top recruiting classes year after year and underachieving. To win a national championship you need a combination of talent, luck and good coaching. Some may disagree with me, but they severely lack good coaching. Part of the issue is Cal has to use a system that is simple enough that he can start from scratch every year. Their offense basically looks like a pick up game at a playground. They are always supremely talented and athletic, but that only takes a “team” so far. If Kentucky hadn’t been snagging all of these top rated classes Dook and UNC would probably have a few more banners between them as they do actually have guys on their bench who can coach.

You could actually make the argument that Calipari is helping the parity in college bball by rounding up the top players and losing early year after year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To win a national championship you need a combination of talent, luck and good coaching. Some may disagree with me, but they severely lack good coaching. Part of the issue is Cal has to use a system that is simple enough that he can start from scratch every year.

And experience. That's actually their biggest knock. Our championships were usually won by guys who'd been through the wars. 2011 is the only one you could make an argument against, but we were led by a transcendent player who had been through those wars.

Reaction Score
And experience. That's actually their biggest knock. Our championships were usually won by guys who'd been through the wars. 2011 is the only one you could make an argument against, but we were led by a transcendent player who had been through those wars.
Agreed. I'll take a team with juniors and seniors, guys like Giffey and Napier any day over 5 freshman primadonnas more concerned with impressing the NBA scouts than their team.

Reaction Score
One player for 2019 you can pretty much pencil in is Coach Hunter’s kid who has looked really good on the circuit; started at PG for a top 10-15 AAU program. He also started at PG for the best high school team in Nebraska kid is a legit 3 star prospect. No one is really even going after him because they all assume he’s following his father here. He will not need to take up a scholarship since his father works for the school.

Playing at east catholic next year.
Sautter: Under-the-radar basketball prospects set to emerge during NCAA live evaluation periods

East is freakishly stacked.

Trey Hall isn't transferring right?

Picking up the top 50 freshman Matt Curtis from Ellington.

They have reilly still. That roster will be nuts. They shouldnt have lost a game this year except for a buzzer beater by Windsor in the playoffs. And they only get better

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

They have reilly still. That roster will be nuts. They shouldnt have lost a game this year except for a buzzer beater by Windsor in the playoffs. And they only get better

I’m just happy to see them facing schools the size of Windsor in the tourney rather than Ellington like when I played. That was a joke. All those types of schools were doing it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Yea...they are going to murder every team they play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom