Corey Edsall’s future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Corey Edsall’s future

Reaction Score
Corey a top notch recruiter? Have you been watching the games?
Agree. He gets some kids from FL TX GA and people automatically assume he's done a great job, but most of these recruits are low-FBS or high-FCS level talent. Most of our starters are from the northeast and were not connected to him. A few of his recruits are starting but the performance on the field speaks volumes. Any college coach can go to those states and convince a kid to take UConn over Bethune-Cookman, Central Arkansas State, Bowling-Green. And on the field--the TE play has gone downhill. Far cry from the Myers-Bloom-Davis days.

Reaction Score
Corey a top notch recruiter? Have you been watching the games?
Agreed. He isn’t playing his strongest and biggest tight ends who can block and catch. He’s playing these small wide receiver types who get blown out and aren’t effective.

Reaction Score
They made I think two throws to TEs if I recall. Just terrible. The mid-middle behind the LBs was open all day long.
Chief likes Corey. The last two years and particularly this year he made some adjustments and while it hasn’t presented on the field yet, it will if they keep their commitments. The thing Corey’s learned to do is to let the kid be the center of their recruitment. His dad was more of a take it or leave it guy. It was all about Randy and his system. Corey is nurturing, shows the kids some love and the kids recognize he cares.

Reaction Score
Chief likes Corey. The last two years and particularly this year he made some adjustments and while it hasn’t presented on the field yet, it will if they keep their commitments. The thing Corey’s learned to do is to let the kid be the center of their recruitment. His dad was more of a take it or leave it guy. It was all about Randy and his system. Corey is nurturing, shows the kids some love and the kids recognize he cares.

I disagree. From experience Randy is the reason kids commit and it’s because of his care of them as students and people beyond the football field. Not Corey.

Reaction Score
I disagree. From experience Randy is the reason kids commit and it’s because of his care of them as students and people beyond the football field. Not Corey.
Chief never said Randy doesn’t care about kids or their academics. What I am saying is Corey communicates it better to kids today. He builds a more personal relationship while with Randy it’s more about the culture and system he wanted.

Reaction Score
Chief never said Randy doesn’t care about kids or their academics. What I am saying is Corey communicates it better to kids today. He builds a more personal relationship while with Randy it’s more about the culture and system he wanted.
I knew what you said and I’m telling you that I disagree completely. Randy was the reason for committing and what Randy says has significant influence over the decision. Not Corey.

Reaction Score
I knew what you said and I’m telling you that I disagree completely. Randy was the reason for committing and what Randy says has significant influence over the decision. Not Corey.
Arguing with someone who actually was in the room. Geez.

Reaction Score
Has anyone forced you into retirement lately?

Reaction Score
Many of the juniors and seniors on the field were recruited by CE. We all complain about the weak talent on the field. But then many praise him as a great recruiter and someone we should definitely keep. Hard to follow the logic.

Reaction Score
Many of the juniors and seniors on the field were recruited by CE. We all complain about the weak talent on the field. But then many praise him as a great recruiter and someone we should definitely keep. Hard to follow the logic.
I'm not sure who recruited who in terms of the current roster but it sure seems that Corey has been the most successful lately. The current incoming class is the highest ranked in many years. Corey seems to have found his groove.

Also, I'm not blaming players yet. Let's give some new coaches a little time to work with them. We've seen Weist and Lashlee turn our completely impotent offenses around almost overnight. Randy Edsall might have been the worst offensive coach in all of football.

Reaction Score
As Chief has mentioned, Corey has been able to change the recruiting formula the last couple years. He was willing to stay humble and listen and keep an open mind about new approaches, some of which have been very successful on the MBB side. Then he incorporated some things and experienced success. Most importantly, he knew how to do it and have his dad’s support or tacit ok and it may have been unspoken but then recruiting success followed.

Reaction Score
The only fair thing to do is evaluate Corey independent of who his Dad is

I don’t see any reason for “bad blood”.

That being said, it’s up to whoever the next HC is and usually there is 100% turnover. I don’t know if Corey is as integral as Coach Foley who I think was shafted by P and D.

Reaction Score
The only fair thing to do is evaluate Corey independent of who his Dad is

I don’t see any reason for “bad blood”.

That being said, it’s up to whoever the next HC is and usually there is 100% turnover. I don’t know if Corey is as integral as Coach Foley who I think was shafted by P and D.
usually one guy sticks around when a new staff comes in. he's also usually gone after a year or two. that person usually tries to salvage recruits and keeps some familiarity and gives the new staff insight into the players. Corey would be the perfect fit for that role if his last name wasn't Edsall. Doesn't mean it won't happen but makes it more complicated.

Reaction Score
usually one guy sticks around when a new staff comes in. he's also usually gone after a year or two. that person usually tries to salvage recruits and keeps some familiarity and gives the new staff insight into the players. Corey would be the perfect fit for that role if his last name wasn't Edsall. Doesn't mean it won't happen but makes it more complicated.

I’m also not going to cry a river if that doesn’t happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom