Corey Edsall’s future | The Boneyard

Corey Edsall’s future

Reaction Score
I’d love to know how Corey is handling this as he remains on staff. I can see him being “against” his old man in terms of ideology. He probably realizes the game has changed and that pops is behind the curve.

Corey is apparently a very good recruiter, he seems to be the lead on most of our recruits, particularly the highest rated ones. His love for UConn, having grown up on campus, has to help him convey a strong message and get players excited. While it is highly unlikely, I’d love to see him remain with a new staff as an assistant and recruiter.
Thoughts? Any news or scoop on Corey’s mindset over the last 48 hours?

Reaction Score
I think it would be best for everyone if they cleaned house in the offseason. Corey won’t have trouble landing on his feet, his dad has connections in the college world and even without that Corey has proven he is a pretty darn good recruiter in a tough place.

Reaction Score
I’d love to know how Corey is handling this as he remains on staff. I can see him being “against” his old man in terms of ideology. He probably realizes the game has changed and that pops is behind the curve.

Corey is apparently a very good recruiter, he seems to be the lead on most of our recruits, particularly the highest rated ones. His love for UConn, having grown up on campus, has to help him convey a strong message and get players excited. While it is highly unlikely, I’d love to see him remain with a new staff as an assistant and recruiter.
Thoughts? Any news or scoop on Corey’s mindset over the last 48 hours?
Blood is thicker than water. I can’t see him sticking around as a matter of principle.

Reaction Score
I have no clue what is running through Corey’s head right now and I would also guess that the future HC will want to bring in all his own guys.

I will say that I think keeping Corey would be essential to keeping our 2022 class in tact which would be huge. He has been very impressive on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
I don't know what his future is but my guess is this situation will have very little to do with it, and it will strictly be about what opportunities he gets and what would be best for his career.

Reaction Score
I think it would be incredibly awkward for both Corey and the new HC and staff. Obviously he’s proven to be a very good recruiter, but I just don’t see how it works in reality.

Reaction Score
Chief put in a good word for Corey. He listens and learns. True, on paper an awkward situation but Chief’s advice was for him to do the right things daily and that will define him, not who he’s related to.

Reaction Score
The best thing for all parties is to part ways at season's end. Uconn needs a fresh start and Corey needs to show that he can succeed outside of daddy's shadow. He's a young guy who has shown some promise, He'll have an opportunity somewhere.

Reaction Score
He has some experience on the west coast I believe and has some connections with high schools in that region. My guess is he heads west again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Corey Edsall will be unemployed for long should he choose to leave on his own if the new coach decides to clean house.

Not only will CE have a job, it will be a job he wants because he will have multiple opportunities.

Kid has made a good reputation for himself.

Reaction Score
People should evaluate Corey as a professional regardless who his dad is. He has done well at UCONN, so the next head coach should try to keep him unless there is someone better than Corey. They should not evaluate Corey on the basis he is Randy's son.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would be great if the next HC wants to keep him.

Imagine 15 years from now, we could be asking ourselves if he'd make a return as OC or HC after he moves up the ranks. Would be funny.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
People should evaluate Corey as a professional regardless who his dad is. He has done well at UCONN, so the next head coach should try to keep him unless there is someone better than Corey. They should not evaluate Corey on the basis he is Randy's son.

Bingo!

Corey is doing his job well by all accounts. I don't see any reason why he couldn't or shouldn't continue on with us. If the next head coach goes with someone else, then it is what it is. But it shouldn't be held against him that he's the former coach's son. Judge him on his own merits...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom