Corey Edsall’s future | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Corey Edsall’s future

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
usually one guy sticks around when a new staff comes in. he's also usually gone after a year or two. that person usually tries to salvage recruits and keeps some familiarity and gives the new staff insight into the players. Corey would be the perfect fit for that role if his last name wasn't Edsall. Doesn't mean it won't happen but makes it more complicated.
I disagree he is perfect. Job 1 is a complete turnover of this team; the lead recruiter of it is hardly who you want to keep around.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I really believed that we had some talented players who just had poor coaches calling plays. These past three games have made me really start to think we have poor coaches calling plays and players who aren't that talented.

I thought keeping Corey was valuable because he was a good recruiter. TBH, the players on the field today and this season, are not good. So I'm all set with Corey being wiped clean with the rest of the slate when a new staff comes in.

Reaction Score
I really believed that we had some talented players who just had poor coaches calling plays. These past three games have made me really start to think we have poor coaches calling plays and players who aren't that talented.

I thought keeping Corey was valuable because he was a good recruiter. TBH, the players on the field today and this season, are not good. So I'm all set with Corey being wiped clean with the rest of the slate when a new staff comes in.
cam ross is the only kid on the team that stands out

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Most of Corey's signature recruits are HS seniors, true freshmen or RS fresh.

It's the 3rd, 4th and 5th year players whose talent level is decimating this program.
I’m about out of any patience for arguments that buy any Edsall more of our time and money. It’s totally petty, but sorry, he got the job because of his Dad and should go for the same reason.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Corey has been far better recently than I ever could have expected when it was announced that RE was returning and Corey would be on the staff.

I am very confident that even with the constraints, AD Dave will bring in someone who can potentially rebuild the program (not one of the many very uninspired names being thrown around). There will at least one or two, possibly as many as five or six members of the current staff retained by the next HC for purposes of continuity and familiarity with the roster. Unlike when P was brought in, it won’t be a situation where the new HC is asked to retain everyone who hasn’t yet moved on (that was done for many reasons that I can address later). Who remains will be entirely the decision of the new HC based on his view of the assistant’s abilities, nothing else.

Corey will land on his feet whether it is here or coaching somewhere else after this season. I wouldn’t worry about his future if he isn’t retained and I doubt it will hinder the new HC’s progress if he isn’t retained.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m about out of any patience for arguments that buy any Edsall more of our time and money. It’s totally petty, but sorry, he got the job because of his Dad and should go for the same reason.

It's a double edge sword. People have been trashing CE as a recruiter because the players on the field play so poorly. The posters saying that are bringing up the point that many upper classmen only had UConn as an FBS offer and the rest were FCS level. UConn's recruiting rankings reflect that.

This year's freshmen class and class of '22 verbals have had many more players more highly rated by recruiting services and many have multiple FBS offers. Empirically on paper we have higher level players coming in.

Does that mean CE should stay? No. Do I care if the new coach keeps him? No. Do I care if the new coach scraps him with the rest? No. At the end of the day the uptick in recruiting has gotten UConn to the point of not being horribly ranked with recruiting services. I am confident the next coach do that with or without CE.

Reaction Score
It's a double edge sword. People have been trashing CE as a recruiter because the players on the field play so poorly. The posters saying that are bringing up the point that many upper classmen only had UConn as an FBS offer and the rest were FCS level. UConn's recruiting rankings reflect that.

This year's freshmen class and class of '22 verbals have had many more players more highly rated by recruiting services and many have multiple FBS offers. Empirically on paper we have higher level players coming in.

Does that mean CE should stay? No. Do I care if the new coach keeps him? No. Do I care if the new coach scraps him with the rest? No. At the end of the day the uptick in recruiting has gotten UConn to the point of not being horribly ranked with recruiting services. I am confident the next coach do that with or without CE.
Tougher still with the national and in state discussion about dropping to FCS or elimination of the program.

Reaction Score
I think retaining CE would go along way. Recruiting has improved, whether posters here want to admit it or not. It will take time to see the fruits of these efforts, but nobody we can realistically hire is going to have 4 star guys coming in anytime soon.

I hope the next HC keeps him, and I hope he stays. That said, if he leaves, the sky won’t fall either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom