Cord Cutters | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
An underrated benefit - your television service with cable is tied to your home location. With a streaming service, it doesn't care where you live - your service is wherever you are.
YEs. But your sports channels change. When we r in NJ I get NY sports. When we go to FL I get local stuff

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
YEs. But your sports channels change. When we r in NJ I get NY sports. When we go to FL I get local stuff

True. But you should be able to go in to your settings and select your zip code which will change your local sports package.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don’t think you can, at least with youtubetv

It's a bit clunky or cumbersome but it can be done.

There are a few articles under the support section explaining how to do it.

Easiest way would be to physically be in the area you want to switch to for viewing. Not always logistically easy to do that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thx. Not with Hulu that I can tell? If there’s a way would be great. Maybe with YouTube?

The support section gives you the front door way of changing it.

A VPN can also help spoof your physical location. Unfortunately some VPN services also block your ability to stream efficiently.
Screenshot_20200926-131951.png

Reaction Score

Easiest way would be to physically be in the area you want to switch to for viewing. Not always logistically easy to do that.

Download an app on your Android, if you have one, called FakeGPS. You can then have to go into developer setting, not hard to do, and then you can spoof your GPS to wherever you want in the world. I do this every weekend for NFL games.

PM me if you more info

Reaction Score
The support section gives you the front door way of changing it.

A VPN can also help spoof your physical location. Unfortunately some VPN services also block your ability to stream efficiently.
View attachment 59090
Thx. But when u change your home area it uses your current location to give u local access. I tried using a vpn (HMA) with a NY server on my laptop and was still getting FL sports. I think it uses more than just the IP address. If anyone knows isn’t be curious how they do it. I tried setting my browser location to NJ but it didn’t work.

Reaction Score
Download an app on your Android, if you have one, called FakeGPS. You can then have to go into developer setting, not hard to do, and then you can spoof your GPS to wherever you want in the world. I do this every weekend for NFL games.

PM me if you more info
Thx. I might need to get an android just for this purpose.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I have not really tried to change it, save for the morning when I read your original post.

But switching when you are out of your home area is automatic. When you start the app, it will alert you that you are in whatever region.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Do we have a problem for UConn & the Big East on Youtube in CT?

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. We thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience. You will receive an email today if you are impacted by this change.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Do we have a problem for UConn & the Big East on Youtube in CT?

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. We thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience. You will receive an email today if you are impacted by this change.

Bumped into this. Not cool but hope it helps. Where exactly are our games?

Let’s back up a little bit and make a distinction: YouTube TV has not dropped the national FS1 and FS2 sports channels, which are owned by Fox Corporation. Fox regional sports networks (or RSNs), despite their name, were acquired by Sinclair last year, when Disney divested the networks as part of its 21st Century Fox acquisition.

Anyway, since Sinclair took over those regional sports networks, it’s lost several distribution deals. Dish Network dropped Fox RSNs from both its satellite service and Sling TV streaming service over the summer and doesn’t seem eager to get them back. FuboTV, which once prided itself on its sports programming, quietly dropped Fox RSNs in early January, and PlayStation Vue shut down later that month.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I was just minding my own business, when Xfinity sends me a nite that I’m at 75% of my data limit for the month. There are three days left so maybe I’m overreacting but I don‘t like this at all.

We have the triple play package or whatever. But aside from sports, our TV watching is way down. We already subscribe to Prime, Netflix, Disney+ (with Hulu and ESPN+) and HBOMax, on top of cable. We have Apple TV too, free because of a new iPhone.

The wrinkle is that my wife insists that we have and keep our main home phone line. So the bundles have been better than cord cutting. I can get Fios or Xfinity internet. No phone with Fios unless I get TV. I’m looking at Ooma For phone. Does anybody use that?

I my be time to cut the cord. Are the strong views on Hulu+ vs YouTubeTv or others?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So I was just minding my own business, when Xfinity sends me a nite that I’m at 75% of my data limit for the month. There are three days left so maybe I’m overreacting but I don‘t like this at all.

We have the triple play package or whatever. But aside from sports, our TV watching is way down. We already subscribe to Prime, Netflix, Disney+ (with Hulu and ESPN+) and HBOMax, on top of cable. We have Apple TV too, free because of a new iPhone.

The wrinkle is that my wife insists that we have and keep our main home phone line. So the bundles have been better than cord cutting. I can get Fios or Xfinity internet. No phone with Fios unless I get TV. I’m looking at Ooma For phone. Does anybody use that?

I my be time to cut the cord. Are the strong views on Hulu+ vs YouTubeTv or others?
I like Youtube+ as I have tried the rest and it has solid sports and I enjoy TBS and TNT which they have and unlimited DVR for nine months

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Yes I have ooma. My parents lived with me for a couple of years and requested the land line, I never cancelled. You just pay taxes on it, less than $7 a month. Have never had a support issue we hardly use it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have been using Ooma for about 5 years and have never had any issue. The caveat is you have no landline if your internet goes down.

Reaction Score

If you're at 75% with 3 days to go you won't go over. Seems like you have quite a bit of streaming options if that's the route you decide to head in however.

Also wanted to point out the LoCast app again for local channels for streamers.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes I have ooma. My parents lived with me for a couple of years and requested the land line, I never cancelled. You just pay taxes on it, less than $7 a month. Have never had a support issue we hardly use it.
I have been using Ooma for about 5 years and have never had any issue. The caveat is you have no landline if your internet goes down.

Thanks. We have VOIP even now, so that isn’t any different with regard to power outages. We use our house line often. Seems Ooma or Vonage would work.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you're at 75% with 3 days to go you won't go over. Seems like you have quite a bit of streaming options if that's the route you decide to head in however.

Also wanted to point out the LoCast app again for local channels for streamers.

Not this month, but I could. I don’t appreciate that they applied a cap to people on a previously unlimited plan. Since we rarely use cable TV anymore, this seems the time to think about it again.

Reaction Score
Not trying to read through 27 pages right now. We have YouTube TV and like it quite a bit but the pricing has crept up quite a bit. Has anyone tried T-Mobile T-Vision? It has FS1 and SNY.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

I cut the chord pre-pandemic (settled on Hulu because it carries the YES Network) and had never received a notification that I was getting close to my data limit and that's with two people working remote and one kid doing remote learning. I now received the same message from Xfinity a few days ago so I'm wondering what is going on. Did they change something with the packages?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom