Cord Cutters | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
Stop. Unless you're in the middle of the forest, "buffering" is not a thing. Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, Discovery+, etc. are all streaming only services that would be subject to "buffering" and aren't.
Roku with Netflix and Hulu live and never had buffering issues

Reaction Score
If she stumbled onto it again, let me know! The workaround of using chrome cast is fine, but I would love to get the issue resolved so I could just use the TV directly.
I ask my wife CL82 would like the number on the uconn message board for yttv. Lol.

She said,
Goggle YouTubeTV support.
Go down to contact us.
Follow the steps. Under contact options, choice call back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I ask my wife CL82 would like the number on the uconn message board for yttv. Lol.

She said,
Goggle YouTubeTV support.
Go down to contact us.
Follow the steps. Under contact options, choice call back.
But no phone number? I think she can do better;)

CL82

Reaction Score
So, today she got a email for a $16 credit. Saying sorry and the problem has been resolved. Shocking to get it and makes us have been feeling again about YTTV.
And has the problem been resolved?

(I actually couldn’t find the contact phone number.)

Reaction Score
And has the problem been resolved?

(I actually couldn’t find the contact phone number.)
Yes, problem fix.

There is no contact number. Hit the button that say contact us on the bottom of the page on the link i posted.. You answer some questions and they will call you. Actually, the person on the phone listened to our problems.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, problem fix.

There is no contact number. Hit the button that say contact us on that link. You answer some questions and they will call you. Actually, the person on the phone listened to our problems.
Thanks I will give it a shot. Glad it worked out for you.

Reaction Score
My Comcast cable bill just went up by over $12 to nearly $230/mo. They added ACCN, Fuse and something else I don't care about. After March Madness, the cable madness will stop.
if you call and threaten to cut the cord theyll offer a new promotion. i just saved $30/month by signing a 2 year deal for the 1200 gbps internet plus 250 channel bundle which includes hbo and showtime. i also get the sports package which includes redzone and all the college sports networks.

i love the on demand functionality but regarding the streaming services: fubo doesnt have tnt which means you're missing half the nba playoffs and more. sling doesnt carry local channels i.e. fox, cbs, nbc, abc. youtube and hulu dont have my regional sports network which carries all in market nba/hockey/baseball games....those are all deal breakers for me.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Wow, this is incredibly interesting. Did not know YTTV is so much faster than Hulu
And YTTV mix using the chat during the games impractical. Plus, if you Chromecast it, you’re adding another five seconds to that.

Reaction Score
I cut cord ages ago and watch every game. We went w/. Hulu Live Tv and have had 0 issues.
That is pretty much what I did @ 2 or 3 years ago. HULU was really cheap a few years ago =@ $42 dollars now it is high $60’s. Still with an over the air amplified antennas and HULU Aand Amazon fire I rarely miss games. I am in the woods in central CT. and thank God away from Hartford which Inescaped from when I was a teenager. On the over the air antennas I can get almost all CT stations but sometimes I need to point towards Springfield for the ABC signal. No BFD I coupled in homemade antenna that looks like a miniature RADAR antenna. Hey gotta use USAF electronic training. Ha ha

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My Comcast cable bill just went up by over $12 to nearly $230/mo. They added ACCN, Fuse and something else I don't care about. After March Madness, the cable madness will stop.
I cut the cord after Cox went to $249 . Got rid of their land line phone and we operate two cell phones. I pay half of what I did using Hulu and internet and antennas.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That is pretty much what I did @ 2 or 3 years ago. HULU was really cheap a few years ago =@ $42 dollars now it is high $60’s. Still with an over the air amplified antennas and HULU Aand Amazon fire I rarely miss games. I am in the woods in central CT. and thank God away from Hartford which Inescaped from when I was a teenager. On the over the air antennas I can get almost all CT stations but sometimes I need to point towards Springfield for the ABC signal. No BFD I coupled in homemade antenna that looks like a miniature RADAR antenna. Hey gotta use USAF electronic training. Ha ha
1) Thanks for your service
2) If you get an ATSC3 tuner (either new TV or the silicondust HDHR 4K box), you can probably get WTNH from same locations on same antenna. Otherwise, adding a small VHF will probably get you their ATSC signal on channel 10.

Reaction Score
Charter just upped my bill by $30 a month. I am at $203 just with their basic tv package and internet. Internet definitely slows down if we have three or four devices going at once.

I am seriously considering cutting the cord and getting Hulu + Live or YouTubeTV. Any recommendations as to what’s better? I obviously want to make sure I have access to UConn basketball games. Other channels I need are standard- local newscasts, HGTV, Bravo and the like. Would be nice to have HBO or another premium but if it’s substantially more no thank you.

I’m concerned that when I do drop Spectrum they will find a way to increase my internet rate which coupled with a new streaming service (which I believe are priced mid $60s per month) I’ll be back to where I am now.

I threatened to drop charter a few times, said the price increases are not sustainable. The advice they gave me was to cancel the last day of my bill cycle cause I’ll be charged the whole month anyway. They aren’t budging - neither am I. I’m done with them.

Reaction Score
Charter just upped my bill by $30 a month. I am at $203 just with their basic tv package and internet. Internet definitely slows down if we have three or four devices going at once.

I am seriously considering cutting the cord and getting Hulu + Live or YouTubeTV. Any recommendations as to what’s better? I obviously want to make sure I have access to UConn basketball games. Other channels I need are standard- local newscasts, HGTV, Bravo and the like. Would be nice to have HBO or another premium but if it’s substantially more no thank you.

I’m concerned that when I do drop Spectrum they will find a way to increase my internet rate which coupled with a new streaming service (which I believe are priced mid $60s per month) I’ll be back to where I am now.

I threatened to drop charter a few times, said the price increases are not sustainable. The advice they gave me was to cancel the last day of my bill cycle cause I’ll be charged the whole month anyway. They aren’t budging - neither am I. I’m done with them.
I have switched back and forth from YTTV and Hulu Live TV. I would prefer not to switch but the beauty of these live streaming services no yearly or otherwise contracts, move back and forth between them without missing a beat. My preference of the two is YTTV, (when I switch/cancel from one to other usually when there's a price increase, dropped channels...latest when Disney channels were dropped, but back again). When one is cheaper than other, it's matter of time before other also increases at same price or higher (Hulu TV now). For me, I always go back to YTTV, I like their Channel guide/Interface much better than Hulu TV guide....maybe I'm just used to YTTV guide since I have had it longer.

You may be correct as far as Internet price only from Spectrum may be higher, I found this to be true when I dropped Comcast 3-4 years ago and went to YTTV. My internet just went up again close to $100 ($98+ for 250Mbps). I believe I can go to lower download but it may only save $10/month....by the way, I own my own Modem/Gateway, don't pay rental fee. My area also has Frontier but available download speeds only 25Mbps....I thought dial up was long gone. :rolleyes: Looking forward to the day I completely cut the cord from Comcast, just need a better internet service to come along.

Both pretty much have the same channels/sports networks...both have SNY (if you're a Husky Women's fan) and all necessary ESPN family networks of channels). YTTV has unlimited DVR storage but I believe for one year, older ones will drop off. I want to say Hulu TV maybe 50 hours...don't quote me on this. The link below will help you as far as what channels they carry and current prices.

Look over to see what both have to offer. to see what channels you will get in your area go to their homepage and find the area to add your zip code. If one or both are giving free trial, sign up and try them out. Even if you do sign up for up, as I mentioned you can cancel, it will still be active for the month and go to other. Find the one that's right for you and channels they both provide. I will say both do carry HGTV and Bravo. YTTV HBO is extra.

Good luck,

Reaction Score
Atmospherics of course affect the air signal.. I just checked and today Ch 8.1 and 8.2 are coming in on the main antennae. I do not need the auxiliary to get Ch 40.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Direct TV Stream with another price increase. Granted, I am grandfathered into a great package with pretty much every sports channel I want/need, but from $35 a month in early 2017 to $80 a month now is a bit nuts.

Reaction Score
Direct TV Stream with another price increase. Granted, I am grandfathered into a great package with pretty much every sports channel I want/need, but from $35 a month in early 2017 to $80 a month now is a bit nuts.
Pretty soon, the ones that "cut the cord" will once again rise up and "cut the stream" and go back to cable. :(

Reaction Score
Right, and VHF even moreso.
Back when I was in the AirForce we still had VHF com units as backup or a form of redundancy. Hell we were still replacing vacuum tube modules with solid state especially with receiver modules since they did not need the power output of transmit units which back then only vacuum tubes could deliver. Hey even the F4 Phantom II still had a lot of electronics that were only one generation newer than WW II stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

if you call and threaten to cut the cord theyll offer a new promotion. i just saved $30/month by signing a 2 year deal for the 1200 gbps internet plus 250 channel bundle which includes hbo and showtime. i also get the sports package which includes redzone and all the college sports networks.

i love the on demand functionality but regarding the streaming services: fubo doesnt have tnt which means you're missing half the nba playoffs and more. sling doesnt carry local channels i.e. fox, cbs, nbc, abc. youtube and hulu dont have my regional sports network which carries all in market nba/hockey/baseball games....those are all deal breakers for me.

Came back to the yard for research for exactly the same reason as @SoFla Steve cable is getting crazy.

My buddy swears by YouTube TV. Are their any channels missing for UConn games?

Need DVR, which I guess is unlimited for 9 months.

Is there any way to stream MSG through a service in CT without paying for the NBA package to watch the Knicks???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom