2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg offered | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because there's virtually zero chance Clingan and Castle are still here. Even if you take the pessimistic route and don't buy sophomore Clingan and freshman Castle as NBA draft picks like they're currently projected, they'd have to choose to come back again the year after to play with Flagg. 4 years of Clingan and 3 years of Castle is not happening
There's no way a third year of Clingan happens.

Reaction Score
Not that we need anymore superlatives about Flagg, but there's a comparison of him and Boozer in here from EYBL this past weekend.

For his part, the 6-foot-8 Flagg was equally dominant averaging 26 points, 13 rebounds and five assists per game. He also continued to look like perhaps the best defender in the country while blocking around 4.3 shots per game. What stood out most about Flagg while we checked in during the weekend was how he continues to flourish as a playmaker for others. He’s the clear top dog on his team, but really does a great job of getting others involved.

Reaction Score
I spy Dan, Konami, and Luke. Cooper is likely still a Duke lean but clearly the staff thinks it’s worth pursuing in some capacity. Keep grinding and see what happens!
Need Flagg to hold off on committing early to Duke for another year. If Hawkins gets drafted in the lottery this year, plus Castle and Clingan next year, the Storrs --> NBA lottery pick pipeline will be wide open again.

Reaction Score
Another reason to offer Flagg is what happened with Mgbako. What if Filipowski is injured late and figures another return to Duke is in his best interest or just loves college and the NIL deals are enough for him for another year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His size and team acumen remind me of a Bill Walton and Dirk Nowitzki with a bit of Dave Cowens but the length of George Mikan.
You left out John Havlicek, Bill Bradley and Jerry Lucas.

Reaction Score
Another reason to offer Flagg is what happened with Mgbako. What if Filipowski is injured late and figures another return to Duke is in his best interest or just loves college and the NIL deals are enough for him for another year.
Flagg is 2025, they won't overlap at all unless Flip plays 3 more seasons, which ain't happening

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You left out John Havlicek, Bill Bradley and Jerry Lucas.

Couple fun Jerry Lucas facts from my childhood.

1) He used to take (and make) 1/2 court hook shots during warmups at home games.
2) He can memorize the NYC phone book in one sitting.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

1) He used to take (and make) 1/2 court hook shots during warmups at home games.
Lucas was in many was Dirk 40 years earlier. He briefly (maybe three or four episodes) was a regular on a summer replacement show (I may need to explain to most on this board what that was) that was a hybrid comedy show/kids educational & entertainment show. In front of a live audience ge would show memorization skills. This was during the brief time he was a Knick and I imagine the show was only broadcast in NYC area.

He would be among the most valuable big men imaginable if he played in today's game. He legitimately had 30 ft range and was a terrific passer & rebounder.

Reaction Score

John H and Jerry were teammates at OSU

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
John H and Jerry were teammates at OSU
My moms best friend was engaged to Hondo at OSU. Didnt last. but they remained lifelong friends

Reaction Score
My moms best friend was engaged to Hondo at OSU. Didnt last. but they remained lifelong friends
Classy guy.. Played golf out of Weston CC/Boston-area.. Like Scott Burrell--All- State in three sports in HS and could throw a FB 75-80 yds.. Woody H was hoping to get him to play FB at OSU..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AJax was a lock for Syracuse, too. When it comes time to make the decision, smart players use their head instead of their heart.
AJax wasnt the consensus #1 like Flagg will be. Put it to you this way. Ill be stunned if he doesnt go to Duke, but as I said in my original post, you gotta try

Reaction Score
Pippen but I highly doubt Pippen had that scoring arsenal at 16. Not saying he will be as good as Pippen or any Hall of Famer but he's a crazy good prospect. He looks like he had another growth spurt and already has Pippen by an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom