Cooper Flagg Commits to Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Commits to Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would absolutely bet that the future of college sports will be very different from the past. NIL, the Transfer Portal, and Streaming have changed and will continue to change the sport dramatically.
No question. But that doesn't answer the question that was posed. Which of those teams - UNC, Duke, Villanova, Kentucky - do you think will go through at least a 15-20 year down period?

Reaction Score
Guys, you can criticize their playing all you want, but I think we can all agree we would love to be a part of this. Oh, wait, nevermind.

To be clear, I don’t care if college kids make videos of their dancing, but it does make their losses funnier to me

Reaction Score
Guys, you can criticize their playing all you want, but I think we can all agree we would love to be a part of this. Oh, wait, nevermind.

To be clear, I don’t care if college kids make videos of their dancing, but it does make their losses funnier to me

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Could happen. You never know. But would you bet on any of that happening for an extended period of time like Indiana and Georgetown have gone through? I wouldn't.
I wouldn’t bet either way.

Reaction Score
Besides saying that “I’m finna do __” means “I am finally about to do __” this idea that Vitale meant more to Dukes success than K is my favorite take of yours.
To be fair, I said he may be more important.

But I think there is no question that Vitale was the architect and engineer of the Duke hype. It will be tough to maintain with the #1 college basketball voice in broadcasting doing the cheer leading.

Reaction Score
Do you have any of your own takes, or is your schtick to just insult other posters? I went searching through your history, and I can't find any actual insight or thoughts on anything. Just insults.
I think the quote that best applies to you is:

“Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it up and remove all doubt.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Duke is just another program with K gone. Sure they are a good academic program and have a rich alumni base that can pay more than most in NIL, but so can Northwestern and Vandy and Stanford. Duke's "blue blood" status is going to fade quickly.
Look at who is coming to them next season and tell me they are just another program. Ridiculous. They can have a down year but as long as they recruit at that level they will have some success eventually. Now if the recruiting changes….

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Look at who is coming to them next season and tell me they are just another program. Ridiculous. They can have a down year but as long as they recruit at that level they will have some success eventually. Now if the recruiting changes….

I like to judge teams by what they do on the court. It sounds like you have a different criteria.

Also, in the Transfer Portal era, recruiting class rankings are going to be a lot less predictive of future success.

Reaction Score
I like to judge teams by what they do on the court. It sounds like you have a different criteria.

Also, in the Transfer Portal era, recruiting class rankings are going to be a lot less predictive of future success.
I get the transfer portal thing especially schools like FAU but just look at the sheer talent they have and will have on the floor next year. Is it possible to suck that badly with that much talent? It is early for them and I’m sure they patch things up to make an NCAA run. They are still recruiting as if K is still there, so the question is, does that change?

Reaction Score
I know we want to crap all over him because he didn't commit here, but he's actually a team-first player. Much, much moreso than most top draft picks. His best qualities are defense and passing.
He has no qualities that matter to us. Kid is a feca-head dookie. Hate that school and anybody that goes there.
Why are you assuming he was dishonest?

Y'all gotta stop being sore losers and move on. Cooper isn't a bad person, a liar, or anything else. He's a kid who made a decision as best he knew how to.
he is a dookie which makes him a total fecal-head.

Reaction Score
I get the transfer portal thing especially schools like FAU but just look at the sheer talent they have and will have on the floor next year. Is it possible to suck that badly with that much talent? It is early for them and I’m sure they patch things up to make an NCAA run. They are still recruiting as if K is still there, so the question is, does that change?
My guess is Scheyer is out at Duke inside of three years.

All things being equal, Flagg made a bit of a reckless decision. But all things are not equal, and Duke is a first rate educational institution.

Reaction Score
My guess is Scheyer is out at Duke inside of three years.

All things being equal, Flagg made a bit of a reckless decision. But all things are not equal, and Duke is a first rate educational institution.
Yeah but it's not like he's going to get a degree from there. He'll be there one year and then make hundreds of million of dollars. I don't think he chose Duke for any other reasons besides basketball. And the hugs of course.

Reaction Score
Yeah but it's not like he's going to get a degree from there. He'll be there one year and then make hundreds of million of dollars. I don't think he chose Duke for any other reasons besides basketball. And the hugs of course.
Whether or not he spends only a single year in a Duke uniform doesn't mean he won't seek a degree from Duke.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You're forgetting about the baby.

Reaction Score
His decision had zero to do with Duke academics, this is silly.
I think what's silly is presuming you know that Flagg didn't judge Duke's academics on the 'plus' side of the sheet when evaluating schools.

Maybe even ignorant.

Reaction Score
I think what's silly is presuming you know that Flagg didn't judge Duke's academics on the 'plus' side of the sheet when evaluating schools.

Maybe even ignorant.

No it’s pretty dumb. He’s going to be on campus for about 8 months and I would be very surprised if he sets foot in a classroom while he’s there.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I said he may be more important.

But I think there is no question that Vitale was the architect and engineer of the Duke hype. It will be tough to maintain with the #1 college basketball voice in broadcasting doing the cheer leading.

With all due respect, your post was so stupid you should be ashamed to show your face here. A Nelson “like” is the cherry on top. This is some Star Trek fan fiction type nonsense.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Cooper Flagg is still a thing here? Why? The kid has Dookie blood. Move on, already.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, your post was so stupid you should be ashamed to show your face here. A Nelson “like” is the cherry on top. This is some Star Trek fan fiction type nonsense.

With all due respect, your post is just name calling and insults. Nothing more. It doesn't enhance an objective view of your ability to reason.

What I posted is debatable but common sense for those who understand the power of media. Are you really unaware of the ability of someone like Vitale to shape opinions? And why that might be an important part, perhaps the most important part, of image building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom