Cooper and DD to visit S Carolina this wkend | The Boneyard

Cooper and DD to visit S Carolina this wkend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
N
Not a dig at you, WBFan2004, but frankly, I've already grown tired of hearing about this...just sayin'...
I'm with you.. I thought it was interesting that they were both going at the same time is all.

Reaction Score
I'm still looking forward to the day when there are no DD or Aja posts on page 1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I were a UNC fan.... i'd be sick to my stomach.

But Im not so :)

U

UCONNfan1

What's the big deal? Were there other boards talking about how KLS and DJ were taking their visits to UConn at the same time?
I agree... It's a slow time of the year, but even if it weren't, if one is tired of a topic, or whatever, just don't read the thread. It's not like the one thread takes up 10 pages and you can't avoid it... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I found this to be interesting. DD said she would make a decision very soon.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If Lorin had played at GMU, she would have been Mason Dixon, and when she shot FTs, there would have been a reference to the line.

The Steelers just drafted a lineman named Tuitt. I wonder how long it will be until he is tagged with the nickaname, "Around"?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The Steelers just drafted a lineman named Tuitt. I wonder how long it will be until he is tagged with the nickaname, "Around"?
Or named, "Nothing!"

JS

Reaction Score
Or maybe "Put an End."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what we hear about DD and TC after this weekend. IMO at Tenn they will be the go to players at USC they will be part of a team concept.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mileage/Time from DD home is about the same for both Knoxville and Columbia SC. SC odds of getting DD & Cooper are the same as what UConn's was for getting A'ja Wilson. Longshot at Best.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Time from DD home is the same for both Knoxville and Columbia SC. SC odds of getting DD & Cooper are the same as what UConn's was for getting A'ja Wilson. Longshot at Best.

It's not terribly likely, but you never know. I actually think Georgia is the least likely landing spot. Their basketball facilities suck, they have little basketball fan support and Andy is past his prime coaching years.

P.S. Diamond's home in Norcross is almost equidistant from both Columbia and Knoxville. It is maybe 10 miles closer to Knoxville.

Reaction Score
My bad. I was just dis a long shot for them bothing a visual look at the US map. I wasn't using mapquest to her door. LOL
Lmaooooooo that tickled me!!! But yea like someone said SCarolina is a longshot to get her regardless of distance...if Diamond really wants to play with Cooper....Tenn is where she will be...playing WITHIN a team concept! (Jab at TonyC) :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Lmaooooooo that tickled me!!! But yea like someone said SCarolina is a longshot to get her regardless of distance...if Diamond really wants to play with Cooper....Tenn is where she will be...playing WITHIN a team concept! (Jab at TonyC) :)
IMO there need to be some very serious changes at Tenn approach to basketball and how its run and if DD and TC go there it will make it even harder to change. Why? Because Tenn hasnt changed. Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take a step forward to get better. For years Tenn has relied on rebound rebound and get the ball to the go to player and take somebody one on one. Those days are long gone and Tenn hasnt changed. Pat brought in Harry to try and change things but for some reason Tenn went back into their comfort zone. The results are before us now. As I've said before Tenn has the talent to be a FF team, they dont have the concepts. Here is something to think about. Russell Nared Cooper and DeShields starting in 2 years. What happens if they dont make the FF? Think about it. Some will say they will make it. Hey with that starting lineup and throw in a 5th starter and they should win the NC hands down, but they wont because it takes more then all that talent to win a NC in todays world of WCBB. It comes down to team ball, unselfishness, being able to know how to play the game and executing offesnse and most importantly defense. Tenn has alot to learn.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I second your thoughts Tonyc..... I do not get my jollies by bashing the LVs, but their offense is about as counter to the team concept as one can witness...... John Wooden often said that he preferred the women's game, because it is basketball as it should be played..... they do not play that style at UT..... for the past 4 yrs I have witnessed Meighan S. dribble the ball up the floor, stop and pop. She is a guard, the core of the offense, and she always chose the run and gun..... don't-involve-my-teammates brand of basketball. She was the thumb that stuck out..... others were playing for themselves as well...... no harmony in the offense. I think of the old Japanese saying "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"..... Mercedes, #1 recruit in entire country, highly heralded and cracked up to be (by Tenn fans) as the leader to the promised land..... but all I saw was her jogging up and down the court much of the time.... which has been well noted by the color folks on the TV...... and while she was heralded for her passing skills, what did she average .... 0.5 assists per game? (from memory, so forgive me if I am off)..... I watched several (7 or 8) LV games this year, and I never saw them run a fluid offense consistently...... for a half, yes..... for more than a half ... no..... I have long since surmised that it is a coaching problem..... that they need coaches who can ably teach the fundamentals......

Connecting in with T'ea and Diamond..... I don't know ... it is a big crap shoot I think..... I don't believe they will get the necessary coaching at UT to burnish their considerable skills..... and who knows at USC..... I saw 2 or 3 games only this past year with Diamond.... and it seemed to me that she has a big "me-first" mentality, but this is unfair for me to say..... because my sample size is so small.... good luck to these ladies wherever they go...... I hope they do well..... but geez Louise..... please God, let them choose someplace where they will get a fair shake at some good coaching..... they are very good now..... let them get a coaching staff that knows what it is doing.... and can employ their strengths appropriately.....

And I will repeat an opinion of mine..... hope it does not sound too smug.... but it STILL is not hard in WCBB to make the final 4. If making the Final 4 is the be-all end-all goal of your program, then you most certainly haven't set your bar high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom