Coolest thing you’ve seen or done recently | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Coolest thing you’ve seen or done recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In December, I took my girlfriend, who's a devout Catholic, to Rome. One Sunday morning, we attended mass at the Pantheon. She was asked by the celebrants to give a reading during the service. For her, assisting in a mass in the oldest Christian church in the world was a lifetime thrill. And I was overjoyed watching her.

1682618859027.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In December, I took my girlfriend, who's a devout Catholic, to Rome. One Sunday morning, we attended mass at the Pantheon. She was asked by the celebrants to give a reading during the service. For her, assisting in a mass in the oldest Christian church in the world was a lifetime thrill. And I was overjoyed watching her.

View attachment 87830
IF it was allowed, I hope you captured that moment on your cellphone. :cool: You scored some MAJOR "cool" points with her on THAT road trip and by attending THAT event.

Reaction Score
IF it was allowed, I hope you captured that moment on your cellphone. :cool: You scored some MAJOR "cool" points with her on THAT road trip and by attending THAT event.
No photo or video of the service. It didn’t feel right. But I did take a photo of her before the altar right after the mass. With a big smile on her beautiful face.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ran the London Marathon last weekend! Trying to complete all six world marathon majors. London was the 5th one I’ve completed!
Very cool! Which one do you have left?

Reaction Score
I was in AZ and I was taking a run along a old little used road one morning (just tire lanes in the grass/sand) and I saw a small black log laying in the road. I got about 10-15 feet from it and saw it was a huge diamond back rattle snake sunning itself.
Um...naw. That's not my definition of cool. Not even close. Just no. lol

Reaction Score
Um...naw. That's not my definition of cool. Not even close. Just no. lol
Actually I like snakes. I mean it was startling to say the least but I thought very cool.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You’re right about standing ovations. Everyone should get one during their lifetime. Nothing compares to it, and it’s something you‘ll never forget. Perhaps you can post a video of your band playing during our off-season. I'd like to see it. :cool:
Carnac - thanks. If I can get a video I'll post it. BTW, after the gig was over, afew few of us had a good old Bourbon toast!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thank you. Lemosho/Western Breach.
That's wonderful. It's been a few years since I climbed up but I think that's the route I took. I remember it was described as the longest route but it was definitely the best. Many great memories but one relevant memory is standing on the summit looking around and you could tell who took the shorter route and who took the longer route; those who took the shorter route for hanging their heads with altitude sickness because that's too quick an ascent, and those of us that took the longer route were in much better shape. Summit day was (very relatively) easier due to the acclimatization and starting higher. It was a great trip.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Getting ready to see my youngest graduate from college in person on Saturday. ....His two older sisters didn't have live graduations due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
Three of your proudest moments in life. Being there as your children come into the world, holding them for the first time, and watching them walk accross the stage at their college graduation. Congratulations. :cool:

Reaction Score
“Make a song about the Uconn Women’s Basketball team the last 2 seasons”

Reaction Score
My kid picked a med school after a long application process which followed four years of hard work and persistence. He earned it for sure.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is a native orchid (showy orchid, Orchis spactabilis) that I've seen each of the last couple of years on a running path. I've never seen it anywhere else. There had been another plant about 50 feet from this one, but it's not there this year (so far).

I also saw a wild geranium on the same run; not very showy, but I'd never seen one of those before.

showy orchid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01