Cook destroyed us | The Boneyard

Cook destroyed us

Reaction Score
Why did Carlton sit most of the night? I wanted to see Cobb and Carlton on the floor at the same time but we never did that. No one had the physicality to stay with Cook but I would have liked to see Jump give it a try. Polley, Yakwe and Smith got punked trying to stop him. Putting in B Adams did nothing to help our defense. The refs killed us all night. Yeah I said it.

Reaction Score
Why did Carlton sit most of the night? I wanted to see Cobb and Carlton on the floor at the same time but we never did that. No one had the physicality to stay with Cook but I would have liked to see Jump give it a try. Polley, Yakwe and Smith got punked trying to stop him. Putting in B Adams did nothing to help our defense. The refs killed us all night. Yeah I said it.
I saw Tarin pick him up at half court once. That resulted in a turnover and fast break points. Not saying it would work every time, but Smith is a stronger guard who could stay with him outside the lane.

Reaction Score
im sorry but nobody is matching Cook in the big ten, or anywhere, we fell victim to him. hes gonna be a monster, period. sometimes, we just have to accept the fact that the other team has a guy who will outjump and outpower us aerially and we just have to deal with it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not the physicality. No one had the size and foot speed besides Cobb to stay with him. Garza was an issue too. We’ve always had problems with this. I’m sure Hurley will address with going forward with recruiting

Reaction Score
We will struggle guarding mobile bigs all year long. We have no swing forwards, except maybe Sid? Polley and Tarin were way over matched. Polley in toughness and foot speed, Tarin in size.

Reaction Score
We will struggle guarding mobile bigs all year long. We have no swing forwards, except maybe Sid? Polley and Tarin were way over matched.

Sid weighs less than Polley.

Reaction Score
Not the physicality. No one had the size and foot speed besides Cobb to stay with him. Garza was an issue too. We’ve always had problems with this. I’m sure Hurley will address with going forward with recruiting
Correct.

Reaction Score
Good points but why no Carlton and Cobb? Try something. We were in 4 guards most of the night and it was not working as we could not make threes tonight which really hurt.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cook is the type of player we have no answer for this year at the 4. Even Diarra, who may be the best suited to play someone like him based on size would have gotten killed.
On offense they always got what they wanted. It’s as if they’ve played together with this coach for years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes we struggled to defend Cook and Garza. Most teams will. They are good. But we also missed open look after open look. As good as we were last night we were absurdly unlucky shooting the ball tonight. And I counted 4-5 times our own guys batted rebounds away from each other, to Iowa.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t majority of top 100 teams have either a high flyer or mobile/large big? I feel this will be an issue game after game.

Reaction Score
We have no answer for a strong, physical 4 right now. Sid is not that guy. Diarra could be.
The reality is we have no answers for a physical 4 or 5 this year and we haven't for several, that's why we desperately need to get the frontcourt guys we are recruiting. Cobb is the only one who shows he can rebound and score against these guys and he's gone after this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom