Context - how much better could it be?!? | The Boneyard

Context - how much better could it be?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Among all the micro analysis (which I do love...), it seems the sheer ecstasy of the moment is being lost. We said goodbye to Maya, one of the greatest ever, and had a class entering that brought us high hopes, but with uncertainties. KML has already shown us the beginnings of greatness. BB and Kiah have shown us glimpses that lead to a consensus that they are going to also be REALLY good and EXCITING. We beat Stanford and both ND and Tenn have lost - and we are only 3 games into the season. AND next years recruiting class is the one that so many people are waiting for and that Geno tells us is the one that will put us in the National Championship hunt again - - but it looks like we are there NOW. AND they all seem to be really good kids who genuinely enjoy each other and are the kind of people we can cheer for fully as players and people. It just does not get much better than that!!!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The notion that we are returning 10 players from this year's team and adding the two best HS players in the country plus Morgan freaking Tuck is a level of ridiculousness that I don't think most people outside of Internet message boards fully comprehend.

Reaction Score
Among all the micro analysis (which I do love...), it seems the sheer ecstasy of the moment is being lost. We said goodbye to Maya, one of the greatest ever, and had a class entering that brought us high hopes, but with uncertainties. KML has already shown us the beginnings of greatness. BB and Kiah have shown us glimpses that lead to a consensus that they are going to also be REALLY good and EXCITING. We beat Stanford and both ND and Tenn have lost - and we are only 3 games into the season. AND next years recruiting class is the one that so many people are waiting for and that Geno tells us is the one that will put us in the National Championship hunt again - - but it looks like we are there NOW. AND they all seem to be really good kids who genuinely enjoy each other and are the kind of people we can cheer for fully as players and people. It just does not get much better than that!!!!!!

Actually, it could get a whole lot better than that - Tennessee, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Duke and Miami could each lose their next 6 games!

Reaction Score

Just remember, I have predicted 3-4 losses followed by the NC.
I could be wrong though....................about the losses.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I usually reserve 'the sheer ecstacy of the moment" for other pursuits.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

NCorBust must be psychic - how did he know I was going to post this?
Maybe the "N" in NCorBust stands for neutrino, and s/he is faster than light, which reminds me of the new joke:

"We don’t serve faster-than-light neutrinos here,” said the bartender. A neutrino walks into a bar.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Actually, it could get a whole lot better than that - Tennessee, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Duke and Miami could each lose their next 6 games!
That would be tough, given the Tennessee and Baylor play each other Sunday

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I don't mind the microanalyses, but the micro-kvetching does get just a tad annoying.

Reaction Score
This is a great post. We really are spoiled, and in a year that is supposed to be kinda-sorta rebuilding time, UConn is already doing more than I expected. I figured they would be a contender by the end of the season. Never expected they would be a legitimate #2 ranked team after three games. I still say UConn loses maybe 3, but it's going to be a heck of a ride.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't mind the microanalyses, but the micro-kvetching does get just a tad annoying.
Dang, Gris, don't you ever pay attention. It's microanalysis and nano-kvetching.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
How much better could it be?

Well, one can't help but wonder, what if EDD had stayed? Tony's prediction of 900 straight wins might have happened. Why couldn't EDD's Mom and sister move to CT., like Maya's Mom, or Stacey Marron's Mom, etc.?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Well, one can't help but wonder, what if EDD had stayed? Tony's prediction of 900 straight wins might have happened. Why couldn't EDD's Mom and sister move to CT., like Maya's Mom, or Stacey Marron's Mom, etc.?
or Tiffany's mom

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Moving a child with the profound issues that Lizzie has is not as simple as moving one's self to another city or place. There are all types of medical and support considerations including people with whom Lizzie is comfortable.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

Thanks Alum69, much appreciated. One thing you must also consider if EDD had stayed who on our current roster might now have come because she was here and there wouldntve been a spot for them. Anytime a great player comes to UConn, another says well maybe I better go someplace else. Genos unique way of recruting players by position to fill the needs of the team allows for the top players to come become developed both on and off the court and become better human beings. It also allows them to develop without pressure their first and or second seasons with the team. With Breanna Moriah and Morgan coming next season they are in place to replace our current junor class that will be seniors next season. When that group are juniors Geno will need an incoming class to replace them.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Moving a child with the profound issues that Lizzie has is not as simple as moving one's self to another city or place. There are all types of medical and support considerations including people with whom Lizzie is comfortable.
I wasn't being serious, Icebear, merely engaging in wishful thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom