Connecticut Microbrews | The Boneyard

Connecticut Microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's nice to see Connecticut start to catch up to Maine and Vermont in the New England craft brew scene. Hooker has some QC work to do and really needs to teach bars how to serve their product, but they do make some good stuff when everything is on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's nice to see Connecticut start to catch up to Maine and Vermont in the New England craft brew scene. Hooker has some QC work to do and really needs to teach bars how to serve their product, but they do make some good stuff when everything is on.

Yeah, I went to dinner in downtown Saratoga a couple of weeks ago and the place was selling Nurse from City Steam.

Reaction Score
I'll be up in Connecticut next weekend, is this City Steam place worth it?

Is the beer any good?

Reaction Score

Is the beer any good?
jay I went there before n after the iowa state game. The brew was great and the food was good. The people we were with had pot roast n burgers and we were pleased. Wish there were a few more uconn fans there after the game though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Is the beer any good?

We always go to City Steam before XL Center games because my buddy loves their IPA.

Reaction Score
See, not for nothing, but that's what hurts with having your stadium away from the campus. Tailgating is fine, attendance may or may not be alright depending on the game, but after the game everyone disperses. It's cool being able to go to a game and then win or lose be able to go drink a bus ride away.

Reaction Score

Is the beer any good?

City Steam is a great bar. I go every Friday after work to get a growler of Innocence Ale. The bar in general is usually lively and fun. They typically have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Comedy shows are hit or miss, depending on the talent and crowd downstairs. Food is good. Not much i can say bad about City Steam, plus any bar that has the overwhelming smell of wort gets bonus points from me.

I had a buddy that worked there for years, so i've been drinking their brews through some growing pains. They have really really cleaned up there act. It was not too long ago you'd show up to find a bad batch of Nurse being served but that is not the case anymore. Since they started bottling and selling around the state the brews have been really consistent.

Reaction Score
Quality Control is the thing that most microbrewers lack, but it sounds like they have it. I'll check it out.

Reaction Score
Stopped in at Back East Brewery on my way home from work yesterday. Tasting room needs some work as it is a cooler, tap stand and a few pub tables with chairs. The Golden Ale was good, the IPA and Back East Ale (Amber) were standard. They had the Imperial Stout on tap which I thought was the best out of the four. I believe there will be a tasting at Eli's next week for those in the Middletown area.

http://backeastbrewing.com/beerlisting.html

Reaction Score
Hooker in Bloomfield is real good too.....Friday's for 10 bucks you can try them all, great time!!.....Blonde Hookers are real good!!;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hooker till I die baby... love that place. Love seeing em grow. Still have to get to Back East, but I did try a growler that wasn't half bad... Relic in Plainville makes some tasty stuff, though they are literally the size of a single car garage bay. Frankly, I'm surprised at the love for City Steam... makes me wonder if I've just been too hard on them in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom