Congratulations to local....Bria Holmes | The Boneyard

Congratulations to local....Bria Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hope this isn't a repeat...... Bria is the first player from Connecticut to be selected to play in the Mickey D game in Chicago on March 28. She is averaging 28/14 for Hillhouse....headed for West Virginia next year.

Say....I know that our three incoming are on that team. Is there another high school all-star game in Denver over the final four weekend? Do we know the roster for that one...if it exists?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, the WBCA all star game will be played in Denver. The players have been informed, but the list wasn't up at the WBCA site whenI last looked. Stewart, of course, is invited.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, the WBCA all star game will be played in Denver. The players have been informed, but the list wasn't up at the WBCA site whenI last looked. Stewart, of course, is invited.
Well the WBCA All-American list is out (somewhere). I assume that will be who is invited to play in the game??

Jordan Adams, Kahleah Copper, Nirra Fields, Bashaara Graves, Malina Howard, Moriah Jefferson, Alexis Jones, Jasmine Jones, Jonquel Jones, Jordan Jones, Nicole Kornet, Jewell Loyd, Michaela Mabrey, Xlyina McDaniel, Tierney Pfirman, Alexis Prince, Imani Stafford, Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Courtney Williams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not sure I knew that Bria was the first Connecticut invitee to the MickeyD's game. Congrats to her. Mike Carey will do a good job of coaching her. I've lost track--what conference will WVU be in?

Ok, I looked it up. Big 12. That don't make no sense. :) I have a mental block on this nonsense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria. IIRC when i read the article, she thought she was in trouble when she was pulled out of class (or practice i forget which) and then was informed. she said she was surprised by the honor, but ready to test her skills against the best. she said she's been working really hard. sounds like a good kid. i wonder if after realizing Xylena lacked confidence in her abilities to compete at UCONN if the staff wished they'd looked harder at Bria. it would have been nice to have seen her at UCONN...

Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria and to all the other women who were selected!

GO UCONN

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
go Bria... she's a good player locally but Im not sure how well she'd do against the best of the best every night. I understand Geno's issues with Connecticut players.

surprisingly Buck nor D. Stevens made the McD team (but of course they we're nominated)

again, thats huge for Bria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99