OT: - Congratulations LadyVols | The Boneyard

OT: Congratulations LadyVols

Reaction Score
I congratulate the LadyVols for making it to the Elite 8 in softball World Series.
Please note that this is not a congratulation for their losing to aTm.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think you've got the wrong forum. This is a UConn basketball site.
I agree. Even more odd is that the OP does not congratulate all the other 7 teams who made the E8. I could see if UCONN had made the elite 8, but why we are congratulating Tenn's softball team is odd to me...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suggest that you try another forum, perhaps the men's basketball page. Be sure to tag Deepster.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How could TN have made the elite 8 in softball? 8 teams make the college world series not 4 :confused:

Reaction Score
I thought it was a congratulatory message to the Lady Vols for continuing their streak of missing WCBB final four.

It was intended to be so. Unfortunately I made a bigger mistake. Tennessee did not make the world series.
They lost in the superregional to aTm. I was reading the Volnation pages. I did not notice the word superregional.
I will be glad if this thread is deleted altogether.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
wow and to think I almost went right by this thread without reading it. yawn

Reaction Score
It was intended to be so. Unfortunately I made a bigger mistake. Tennessee did not make the world series.
They lost in the superregional to aTm. I was reading the Volnation pages. I did not notice the word superregional.
I will be glad if this thread is deleted altogether.
Wow. You did absolutely nothing wrong. You made a mistake in reading the text, but not in posting it. You did say it was OT and that's pretty much what gets published this time of year. So, nothing wrong with that.

I love watching women's softball when I get the chance.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wow. You did absolutely nothing wrong. You made a mistake in reading the text, but not in posting it. You did say it was OT and that's pretty much what gets published this time of year. So, nothing wrong with that.

I love watching women's softball when I get the chance.
Love softball - but the defeat of #2 seed Arizona in the Super Regionals hurt worse than any WBB loss - because it is the first time virtually ever that my team was a hands down favorite and - ouch.

I know you guys are used to the feeling of being a hands down favorite - but not something I have experienced.

As to the OP - messed up or not - I actually have rooted for the Softball Vols (they are not the Lady Vols any more) - but not with any "fervor", just like their program.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Love softball - but the defeat of #2 seed Arizona in the Super Regionals hurt worse than any WBB loss - because it is the first time virtually ever that my team was a hands down favorite and - ouch.

I know you guys are used to the feeling of being a hands down favorite - but not something I have experienced.

As to the OP - messed up or not - I actually have rooted for the Softball Vols (they are not the Lady Vols any more) - but not with any "fervor", just like their program.

Even worse than the 2007 WCBB Final ?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I made a bigger mistake. Tennessee did not make the world series.
They lost in the superregional to aTm.

Your biggest mistake was burying the lede. Tennessee lost overall. Good!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Even worse than the 2007 WCBB Final ?
Was still in NJ in 2007. Did follow softball - went to a world series one year (old format, won by UCLA, IIRC) and regularly watched on TV. But no strong "rooting" interest, as Rutgers Softball wasn't and isn't very good. Thankfully, always liked Arizona, but not so much of a rooting interest until we moved out here. We have season tix, although we made no games this year due to my wife's health issues.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed that Florida State did not make it out of the super regionals. Don't have a big rooting interest in any of the teams that made it so I will probably root for lower seeds in the pairings just for fun. Anyone but Florida!;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was still in NJ in 2007. Did follow softball - went to a world series one year (old format, won by UCLA, IIRC) and regularly watched on TV. But no strong "rooting" interest, as Rutgers Softball wasn't and isn't very good. Thankfully, always liked Arizona, but not so much of a rooting interest until we moved out here. We have season tix, although we made no games this year due to my wife's health issues.

Im a bit confused. But you were saying the Arizona Softball lost hurt worse than Rutgers losing to TN in the 2007 Basketball championship game?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Im a bit confused. But you were saying the Arizona Softball lost hurt worse than Rutgers losing to TN in the 2007 Basketball championship game?
Absolutely - because Rutgers was never a favorite. I didn't even get you were talking about WBB. Of course there were individual games that Rutgers Women's Basketball was a clear favorite, but it certainly wasn't in any of the NCAA Tournaments they were in, and it was never in any conference championships either.

Oddly enough, Rutgers did pull some great upsets off, over the years, and equally rarely lost games that they shouldn't. When Rutgers started losing those games that they "should" have won, and stopped pulling off any upsets, that was the beginning of the slide.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Absolutely - because Rutgers was never a favorite. I didn't even get you were talking about WBB. Of course there were individual games that Rutgers Women's Basketball was a clear favorite, but it certainly wasn't in any of the NCAA Tournaments they were in, and it was never in any conference championships either.

Oddly enough, Rutgers did pull some great upsets off, over the years, and equally rarely lost games that they shouldn't. When Rutgers started losing those games that they "should" have won, and stopped pulling off any upsets, that was the beginning of the slide.

Dont remind me :( Still haunts me 10 years later

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is soooooo embarrassing. A thread on the BY congratulating "those people".

What's this world coming to?

frustrated-kiddo-i-dont-understand-any-of-this.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom