Congrats to UConn on 30 years of no consecutive losses - Amazing achievement | The Boneyard

Congrats to UConn on 30 years of no consecutive losses - Amazing achievement

Reaction Score
I know no one wants to talk about the game tonight, but I thought this deserved its own thread as it was an amazing achievement that will probably never be duplicated. 30 years & over 1,000 games without consecutive losses!! Maybe just as impressive as the consecutive wins streak since this streak reflects the consistency & steady dominance of UConn basketball over decades, achieved by multiple teams over multiple competitors. Big shoutout to Geno, CD, coaches and most of all, all of the UConn players who contributed to this streak the last 30 years. Wow!

All good things must end. Lets start another streak!

Reaction Score
The program has a bunch of unbelievable stats, but this one is the craziest of them all.

I was a senior at Uconn in March 1993.

I turn 52 this year and am a member of AARP - I guess I'm a different type of senior now.

Reaction Score
The only positive of the streak ending is that it will now be talked about, and some people who were totally unaware of it will say "are you kidding me!, that's amazing, 30 years without back to back losses!" From that perspective, it draws attention to the program and what a success it has been.

On the other hand that realization and attention would have happened whenever the streak ended, so I am still very disappointed it had to happen now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The only positive of the streak ending is that it will now be talked about, and some people who were totally unaware of it will say "are you kidding me!, that's amazing, 30 years without back to back losses!" From that perspective, it draws attention to the program and what a success it has been.

On the other hand that realization and attention would have happened whenever the streak ended, so I am still very disappointed it had to happen now.
Have to disagree, the positive from the streak ending is they will quit talking about it every time we lose a game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was watching another top 25 team lose this week and the announcers proudly (IMO) commented that this was the team's first back to back loss this season. Hmm.

Reaction Score
I know no one wants to talk about the game tonight, but I thought this deserved its own thread as it was an amazing achievement that will probably never be duplicated. 30 years & over 1,000 games without consecutive losses!! Maybe just as impressive as the consecutive wins streak since this streak reflects the consistency & steady dominance of UConn basketball over decades, achieved by multiple teams over multiple competitors. Big shoutout to Geno, CD, coaches and most of all, all of the UConn players who contributed to this streak the last 30 years. Wow!

All good things must end. Let’s start another streak!
Yes- look at the bright side of it… 30 years from now when the team loses another 2 in a row, most of us on this board won’t have to witness it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That is simply an insane stat….three decades between two game losing streaks?

JFC. Unbelievable.

And if they were healthy, at present they would be undefeated and sailing towards an easy title.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is apparently now the active leader at 204 or 205, if I remember correctly. All of the top ten teams were well under 100 a few weeks back the last time it came up.

I wonder if there are any comparable streaks in any major team sport (college or pro) in the U.S.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well, the postgame thread managed to get locked before I got home from work. But I was going to post something similar there.

Last night we witnessed history. One of the most remarkable streaks in sports history is now no longer "and counting," it's established. I'd be willing to bet most posters to this board had never even seen a UConn game before this streak began.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom