Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Diaco is a bit of a nut job.

Like a lot of great coaches.

I'm excited for the future.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was a great win. Missed first part of the game. Turned the game on just before Foxx went sixty eight yards for first UConn touchdown. Perfect timing.

I've predicted that BD would do for football what KO has done for bb. Just be patient!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It was a great win. Missed first part of the game. Turned the game on just before Foxx went sixty eight yards for first UConn touchdown. Perfect timing.

I've predicted that BD would do for football what KO has done for bb. Just be patient!
National Championship?

Reaction Score
Our boys played great. Fun game to watch. Thought they would blow it in the end, but they didn't. Happy for the team!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
LOL! You had to hit me twice for this. I'll settle for getting into one of the bigger bowls.
Sorry. Sometimes I stutter, apparently.

Reaction Score
The O line is getting better for sure, they can now run the ball a little. I like the direction Diaco and staff are taking them but they have a long way to go. Wish they had a QB who could learn the system this year and be ready next year because that's the key. While Whitmer has had his moments they are very few and a nice head start on next season would be great. I know little about the Boyle plan but it would seem to me the transfer from NC State will be the next in line, good news is he's on campus learning despite not playing. 2 solid frosh RB's and some decent players on the D Line they just need a lot more team speed on both sides of the ball. Although the receivers seem to be coming along, the kid from Norwalk had a heckuva game.

Good for them and good for the staff, stepping stone! Did I say "Stone"?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just trying to calm the impatient.
This forum goes ballistic after a loss. The football forum generally is far more stoic. But after the Tulane loss I thought most of those guys were jumping off the cliff. The last two games helped them move away from the ledge. But that was after 1 and 1/2 abysmal seasons. Just imagine how many posters would make it through two seasons like they had. And the two before were not much better.

Reaction Score
This forum goes ballistic after a loss. The football forum generally is far more stoic. But after the Tulane loss I thought most of those guys were jumping off the cliff. The last two games helped them move away from the ledge. But that was after 1 and 1/2 abysmal seasons. Just imagine how many posters would make it through two seasons like they had. And the two before were not much better.

They're a little more whacked over there if that is possible. But the deck they've been dealt is a lot different. A decent hire in Edsall and a nice turn in being competitive and then he bolts and leaves them them Dino from the Flintstones to coach and recruit and now we see where we are!

But they really have what would seem to be a mirror in approach and focus to KO in Diaco but he's never coached and he has a bunch of kids who never played and actually aren't up to par athletically with their competition. They need to let him find his way, preach the word to the recruits and make the kids he has better. It isn't going to be done this year and probably not next year but there are signs already. A good staff with Poindexter and others and this program will be fine, with time!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
They're a little more whacked over there if that is possible. But the deck they've been dealt is a lot different. A decent hire in Edsall and a nice turn in being competitive and then he bolts and leaves them them Dino from the Flintstones to coach and recruit and now we see where we are!

But they really have what would seem to be a mirror in approach and focus to KO in Diaco but he's never coached and he has a bunch of kids who never played and actually aren't up to par athletically with their competition. They need to let him find his way, preach the word to the recruits and make the kids he has better. It isn't going to be done this year and probably not next year but there are signs already. A good staff with Poindexter and others and this program will be fine, with time!
Currently they are more whacked! But imo, this board is about as chillen as I've seen it in the many years I've been coming to these various forums. That's what happens when you win two national championships in 4 years.

On the football side, up until RE left, those guys were like the original guys in this forum. More of a club atmosphere. Totally agree with you about Diaco! I like his recruiting class. Big kids, athletic. The qb recruit, Tyler Davis, is all Husky! Hopefully he does well on the field.

Reaction Score
Big win yesterday. My favorite part was after they held on 4th at the end of the game...not because I knew the game was over but the reaction of the players on the sidelines. It was great to see them jumping up and down and congratulating each other.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So many players on a fb team. It has to take years to turn it around. I think the combo of the really bad start and the fact that Diaco doesn't scream had people freaking.
Fleuds is correct, if it was a bball start there would have been suicides and homocides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom