Congrats to Sox Fans | The Boneyard

Congrats to Sox Fans

Reaction Score
I mean this sincerely a GREAT year, dominant type and really a baseball I "enjoy" to watch kind of. I say that only because I appreciate baseball the way it should be played especially offensively. A bunch of solid hitters in the lineup and can score putting hits together and not just looking for the long ball. In this day and age of the .230/35/90 guy getting paid 15M a year it's breath of fresh air to see a couple guys hitting .330 plus, another 1 or 2 trending towards 300 and a bunch of .250-.270 guys even coming off the bench.

Still have to finish obviously and need Sale to be healthy I believe but no matter an amazing year.

(no there will be no good luck coming as we know we're still alive kind of and there's not a match up I will root for you guys in LOL) Doesn't take the sincerity out of the posts meaning.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great regular season, no doubt. JD signing had the impact I thought it would last winter. As a Yanks fan, I'd still want to play Boston before Houston though. Not saying the Yanks would beat Boston (I don't think they would), but I like the hitter v pitcher matchups against the Sox far more than I like the Astro matchups.

Boston vs Houston in the ALCS will be one for the ages. 7 games with a slew of extra innings I would suspect.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I take no joy in division titles. But, if you have to celebrate, no better place to do it than on your rival's field.

Reaction Score
Mau a very kind post.

Any of the four teams in the AL could win it all honestly

As for the NL they just dont frighten me as much although I think Nola is filthy but they probably won’t even make it

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I mean this sincerely a GREAT year, dominant type and really a baseball I "enjoy" to watch kind of. I say that only because I appreciate baseball the way it should be played especially offensively. A bunch of solid hitters in the lineup and can score putting hits together and not just looking for the long ball. In this day and age of the .230/35/90 guy getting paid 15M a year it's breath of fresh air to see a couple guys hitting .330 plus, another 1 or 2 trending towards 300 and a bunch of .250-.270 guys even coming off the bench.

Still have to finish obviously and need Sale to be healthy I believe but no matter an amazing year.

(no there will be no good luck coming as we know we're still alive kind of and there's not a match up I will root for you guys in LOL) Doesn't take the sincerity out of the posts meaning.

The bullpen is beyond Atrocious I don't see them in the world series Probably Astros imo.

You never wanna have the best record in baseball. Doesn't bode well for trophy.

What'd you do w Mau?

Reaction Score
The bullpen is beyond Atrocious I don't see them in the world series Probably Astros imo.

You never wanna have the best record in baseball. Doesn't bode well for trophy.

What'd you do w Mau?

It’s me all good;)

Reaction Score
I really like this record they are setting that is getting little to no mention, 60 games ahead of the Orioles which shatters the old record by 8 as it currently stands. But I am weird and like odd ball records and enjoy MLB more for the stats than the actual game, ahha. I thought it was lame that Seattles closer did not get a save attempt in that 13-0 win the other night which, at the time, would have pushed him to 57 saves on the season and 5 away from the record. Ugh. Come on, we want records! (most people do, I assume, at least I do!)

How about the most strikeouts by a better in a season? Anyone think that record will fall? It looked close for a while but now seems like it is safe.

Any way, I was hoping the sox would push for 117, not because I like or care about them but, again, stats and all that!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Playoffs are a crapshoot.

It sucks that 162 games really don’t matter anymore and how the 2014 giants are more relevant than the 2001 mariners.

But that’s the world we live in

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How about the most strikeouts by a better in a season? Anyone think that record will fall? It looked close for a while but now seems like it is safe.

I bet Sale is capable, but it would burn out his arm for the post season. So it won't happen.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the gracious post, Mau. The Sox have been fun to watch this year, but as the post season approaches, I and many other Sox fans have become anxious. The pitching is a real concern. The starters have been very inconsistent lately. Chris Sale is obviously the key but in his last start he had no velocity on his fast ball and his command was poor. David Price had a very good year but has been a bust in the post season. Rick Porcello has been up and down. Eduardo Rodriguez has been pretty good lately but had trouble getting past the fifth inning. When Nathan Eovaldi is good, he is very very good but when he is bad he is awful.

The bullpen lately has been a disaster with the single exception of Ryan Brasier. Even Kimbrel is struggling with 31 walks in 61 innings. I am hoping that the playoff roster does not include Drew Pomeranz, Joe Kelly or Heath Hembree.

I think that the Sox will survive whoever they face in the first round because of the home field advantage but I am not confident that they can beat the Astros. The Red Sox probably have better hitting but the Astros have better starters and an excellent bullpen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think that the Sox will survive whoever they face in the first round because of the home field advantage but I am not confident that they can beat the Astros. The Red Sox probably have better hitting but the Astros have better starters and an excellent bullpen.

This is my contention as I said above. Pitching both starting/relieving is the key to the playoffs. A lot harder to manufacture runs in the post season.

The Sox bullpen is horrendous. They basically have to hope Sale, Price and one other goes 8 innings and straight to Kimbrell. Given they're prior post season performances up til now, I don't envision that as being the case. I'm not down on them per se, just not thinking we're getting vintage Schilling, Pedro Beckett etc performances out of them.

Astros vs Cubbies for all the marbles imo

Reaction Score
This is my contention as I said above. Pitching both starting/relieving is the key to the playoffs. A lot harder to manufacture runs in the post season.

The Sox bullpen is horrendous. They basically have to hope Sale, Price and one other goes 8 innings and straight to Kimbrell. Given they're prior post season performances up til now, I don't envision that as being the case. I'm not down on them per se, just not thinking we're getting vintage Schilling, Pedro Beckett etc performances out of them.

Astros vs Cubbies for all the marbles imo
You left out Jon Lester, but I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom