Congrats Lou!!! | The Boneyard

Congrats Lou!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With all the teeth grinding, hand ringing and second guessing - no one thought to post the fact that Lou scored her 2,000th point.

What a fantastic accomplishment for a very deserving young lady. Go Lou!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
BUT... this is a "highlight" that in most cases would likely get it's own Post... SO I agree!!! CONGRATS LOU... and go out and score MANY MANY MANY More in the games you have left for good ole UCONN!!!! :);):cool::p:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With all the teeth grinding, hand ringing and second guessing - no one thought to post the fact that Lou scored her 2,000th point.

Katie Lou Samuelson’s 2,000th point

"The highlight of Sunday’s game for the Huskies came when senior Katie Lou Samuelson scored her 2,000th career point. Samuelson led the team with 19 points, surpassing the 2,000 point mark by six. She joins the company of Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Tina Charles, Rebecca Lobo, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Nykesha Sales, Kerry Bascom and Kara Wolters."

The only player in UConn women’s basketball history to reach 3,000 points is Maya Moore. Maya is beginning to feel like a "Maytag" repairman. Does anyone think she will ever have some company in the 3,000 point club? Maya has been gone 7 years.

Since Moore's departure after the 2010-2011 season, the only player that has come close was Stewie with 2676 - 360 points shy. Lou (2006 pts) could move into sole possession of 3rd place by overtaking Tina Charles (2346) before she's done.

Rebecca Lobo, who had 2,133 career points, is the next player ahead of her. At her current scoring rate, if she remains healthy, Samuelson should surpass Lobo by mid-February.

Assuming Lou has at least 21 more games left in her UConn career (conference and tournament games), she needs 341 points to pass Charles. Lou would have to average 16.1 points a game the rest of the season to reach that mark. A feat I think she can easily perform.

I don't think she can catch Brianna Stewart at 2676. Lou would have to average 32 points a game for 21 games to do that. That number appears to be a bridge too far.

Lou has become the most prolific 3 point shooter in the Samuelson household. She has blown both of her sisters Karlie and Bonnie out of the water from behind the arc and in total career points scored.

Bonnie - finished with 291 3's and 952 career points.
Karlie - finished with 249 made 3's - 1164 career points.
Their combined point total is 2,116. Lou is only 110 points behind that mark. A mark she should surpass in 6 games. Lou finished her junior year with 293 made 3's.

Even though Lou is the "baby,” she has and will always have bragging rights over both her sisters with respect to accomplishments on the hardwood. Lou is also sporting a NCAA championship ring on her finger (her freshman year). A feat neither of her sisters was able to accomplish. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

The highlight of Sunday’s game for the Huskies came when senior Katie Lou Samuelson scored her 2,000th career point. Samuelson led the team with 19 points, surpassing the 2,000 point mark by six. She joins the company of Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Tina Charles, Rebecca Lobo, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Nykesha Scales, Kerry Bascom and Kara Wolters.

The only player in UConn history to reach 3,000 points is Maya Moore. Maya is beginning to feel like a "Maytag" repairman. Does anyone think she will ever have some company in the 3,000 point club? Maya has been gone 7 years.

Since her departure, the only player that has come close was Stewie with 2676 - 360 points shy.
Lou (2006 pts) could move into 3rd place by overtaking Tina Charles (2346) for 3rd place before she's done.

Assuming Lou has at least 21 more games left in her UConn career (conference and tournament games), she needs 341 points to pass Charles. Lou would have to average 16.1 points a game the rest of the season to reach that mark. A feat I think she can easily perform.

I don't think she can catch Brianna Stewart at 2676. Lou would have to average 32 points a game for 21 games to do that. That number appears to be a bridge too far.

Lou has become the most prolific 3 point shooter in the Samuelson household. She has blown both of her sisters Karlie and Bonnie out of the water from behind the arc and in total career points scored.

Their combined point total is 2,116. Lou is only 110 points behind that mark. A mark she should surpass in 6 games.

Even though Lou is the "baby", she has, and will always have bragging rights over both her sisters with respect to accomplishments on the hardwood. Lou also has a NCAA championship on her resume. A feat neither of her sisters was able to accomplish. :cool:
But, how does she stack up against her sisters in rebounds???

Remember, until this year, UConn did not get The Rebounding Samuelson.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
But, how does she stack up against her sisters in rebounds???

Remember, until this year, UConn did not get The Rebounding Samuelson.
Ask and you shall receive -

Bonnie's career stats at Stanford - [Link] - Bonnie had 238 career rebounds.
Karlie's career stats at Stanford - [Link] - Karlie had 357 career total rebounds.

Looks like we also got the rebounding Samuelson too. She began this season with 412 career rebounds. She should easily reach 450 by the end of the season. :)

The stat chart below is through Lou's first 3 years only.

1547498977735.png

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou has already had a magnificent career at UConn. I fully expect she will earn her 3rd straight consensus 1st team AA recognition this season, and she will be a strong candidate for various NPOY awards. The one thing I dearly hope for Lou is that she will finally get to play in her 1st NCAA championship game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Their combined point total is 2,116. Lou is only 110 points behind that mark. A mark she should surpass in 6 games. Lou finished her junior year with 293 made 3's.

I don't think this is necessary in a thread celebrating Katie Lou's accomplishment. Yes she's the best player among the three. That is a surprise to no one. Neither Bonnie or Karlie were anywhere near as highly rated coming out of high school.

Katie Lou has hit more of them, but Karlie will probably go down as the most accurate 3 point shooter in the family. She hit .443 for her career including .485 as a Sr. Katie Lou was at .429 thru the end of her Jr. year but is only hitting .387 so far this year so she's falling further behind. If you value accuracy over volume then Karlie is clearly the best shooter in the family. So there.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I don't think this is necessary in a thread celebrating Katie Lou's accomplishment. Yes she's the best player among the three. That is a surprise to no one. Neither Bonnie or Karlie were anywhere near as highly rated coming out of high school.

Katie Lou has hit more of them, but Karlie will probably go down as the most accurate 3 point shooter in the family. She hit .443 for her career including .485 as a Sr. Katie Lou was at .429 thru the end of her Jr. year but is only hitting .387 so far this year so she's falling further behind. If you value accuracy over volume then Karlie is clearly the best shooter in the family. So there.
So there! That is hilarious. Our kids used to call "so there" a nah,nah,nah, nah poo poo phrase! So there! :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya's 3,036 points were the result of special talent and special circumstances. She also was durable, not missing any games (unlike Lou, Kaleena, Stewie, Diana, Sue, et al.).

Will anyone challenge her UConn record? I think Christyn will go well beyond 2,000. Who can challenge 3,000? Azzi Fudd. I sure hope we get her.

Reaction Score

"The highlight of Sunday’s game for the Huskies came when senior Katie Lou Samuelson scored her 2,000th career point. Samuelson led the team with 19 points, surpassing the 2,000 point mark by six. She joins the company of Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Tina Charles, Rebecca Lobo, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Nykesha Sales, Kerry Bascom and Kara Wolters."

The only player in UConn history to reach 3,000 points is Maya Moore. Maya is beginning to feel like a "Maytag" repairman. Does anyone think she will ever have some company in the 3,000 point club? Maya has been gone 7 years.

Since Moore's departure after the 2010-2011 season, the only player that has come close was Stewie with 2676 - 360 points shy. Lou (2006 pts) could move into sole possession of 3rd place by overtaking Tina Charles (2346) before she's done.

Rebecca Lobo, who had 2,133 career points, is the next player ahead of her. At her current scoring rate, if she remains healthy, Samuelson should surpass Lobo by mid-February.

Even though Lou is the "baby", she has, and will always have bragging rights over both her sisters with respect to accomplishments on the hardwood. Lou is also sporting a NCAA championship ring on her finger (her freshman year). A feat neither of her sisters was able to accomplish. :cool:

She joins the company of ......

Lou's great, for this "era" and this team.....but in my view she doesn't quite belong in the company of those other names....YET.......there is still too much upside in potential as a complete player that she has not reached yet......just IMHO

Reaction Score
She doesnt fit in with these other players??? The SINGLE criteria is to score 2000 points in a career to be in the "2000 Point Club". No other requirement.
And everyone that talks about her play and growth from Freshman to now says how significant her improvement has been, how more complete her game is now. Etc. :confused:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She joins the company of .

Lou's great, for this "era" and this team.....but in my view she doesn't quite belong in the company of those other names....YET..there is still too much upside in potential as a complete player that she has not reached yet.just IMHO
The 2000 point club includes all players who have scored 2000 points . Lou has scored 2000 points. Therefore Lou is a member of the 2000 point club. That is a classic syllogism. You were right to end your post with IMHO. I would not be proud of that reasoning either. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She doesnt fit in with these other players??? The SINGLE criteria is to score 2000 points on a career to be in the "2000 Point Club". No other requirement.
And everyone that talks about her play and growth from Freshman to now says how significant her improvement has been, how more complete her game is now. Etc. :confused:

"how more complete her game is now. Etc "

Against her potential...I think her upside is higher .....much higher....that's how much I think of her.

Why would you think that an insult ???

The 2000 mark is significant and I do not downplay it.....but its a "scorers" stat....that's all....she was primarily "just" a scorer for 2 full years, and part of a 3rd......look at the other names on that list please, every one of them did "other things" too, every one of them did something else that took away from their scoring.

You guys wanna put her with Tina ? C'mon.

Reaction Score
The 2000 point club includes all players who have scored 2000 points . Lou has scored 2000 points. Therefore Lou is a member of the 2000 point club. That is a classic syllogism. You were right to end your post with IMHO. I would not be proud of that reasoning either. :rolleyes:
THANKS BAMA....:):)
I wanted to say something about how ridiculous the statement was that "she doesn't fit in with the other players on the list"...or what ever it was... but thought that would be "snarky". I get that Lou has NOT won multiple National Championships like SOME of the 2000 point scorers, but regardless of what some say...because she broke her foot in the Semi... She has One National Championship...which of course is based on the season of work...just like other sports...being injured for the championship doesn't negate her place on the team. :rolleyes::confused:
Furthermore, she is a Two Time AA...and Probable 3 Time AA... She was "in the conversation" for NPOY last year as a Jr, ... and, wasn't she invited to the announcement event as one of the final 4 or 5 for the NPOY as a Soph? She is currently #2 in UCONN history in made 3 point shots, and will challenge for the top spot. And, she could end up #3 overall scorer in UCONN history. What else does she have to do???

Just Sayin!... IMHO She BELONGS in the conversation with the other UCONN 2000 point scorers without any reservations! Head bang

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
She joins the company of .

Lou's great, for this "era" and this team.....but in my view she doesn't quite belong in the company of those other names....YET..there is still too much upside in potential as a complete player that she has not reached yet.just IMHO

You question Lou belonging with the other 2,000 + point scorers because, in your opinion, she has not reached her potential. May I ask what is your criteria for a complete player? And what do you base your criteria on?

Now I ask you - does Lou belong on the Husky Wall of Honor or does she still have to work to do to be a complete player?

I remind you - the criteria for the Wall of Honor is becoming and All_American.

Reaction Score
THANKS BAMA....:):)
I wanted to say something about how ridiculous the statement was that "she doesn't fit in with the other players on the list"...or what ever it was... but thought that would be "snarky". I get that Lou has NOT won multiple National Championships like SOME of the 2000 point scorers, but regardless of what some say...because she broke her foot in the Semi... She has One National Championship...which of course is based on the season of work...just like other sports...being injured for the championship doesn't negate her place on the team. :rolleyes::confused:
Furthermore, she is a Two Time AA...and Probable 3 Time AA... She was "in the conversation" for NPOY last year as a Jr, ... and, wasn't she invited to the announcement event as one of the final 4 or 5 for the NPOY as a Soph? She is currently #2 in UCONN history in made 3 point shots, and will challenge for the top spot. And, she could end up #3 overall scorer in UCONN history. What else does she have to do???

Just Sayin!... IMHO She BELONGS in the conversation with the other UCONN 2000 point scorers without any reservations! Head bang
I'm not knocking Lou.

And its almost shocking that given the number of ridiculous posts made on this board that you would single that one out.

Geez...I guess its either rose colored glasses or have ridiculous expectations and when they're not met bash the convenient player, poster, or coach of choice around here.

Sure, of course she belongs in the conversation, all I said is look at the rest of the list. ----where does Lou stand on that list if you were to pick a name off that list to take a contested shot to win ---- I'm talking great vs program great vs all time great in the game--------That's the conversation she doesn't belong in YET.----but she has the talent to be there.

Here, I'll give you some more ridiculousness.....

I love Molly, I love 'em all, every player on every team ever ---- but in all the rah rah about the subs in the last game----our subs would be hard pressed to beat Quinnipiac.

Baylor ---- with all the rah rah about the comebacks, they got slapped down every time

Shooting against Baylor ? ---- excuses galore being offered here --- but the reality is they got their lunch handed to them in that game ----- complete lack of poise ---- and it showed up in rushed shots

Silver linings against against a depleted team ? --- I see a different team since Baylor

Premium competition ----- who is going to face up Asia when they play Louisville ---duhhhhh, who ?

Recruiting ? -----I prefer a no transfers accepted policy ---- the team we field is my team, period

AAC wins ? --- who cares, I wanna see development that will translate in the final 8 in the tournament----and we have NOT seen that after the Baylor game

Have fun....'Nuff Sed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You question Lou belonging with the other 2,000 + point scorers because, in your opinion, she has not reached her potential. May I ask what is your criteria for a complete player? And what do you base your criteria on?

Now I ask you - does Lou belong on the Husky Wall of Honor or does she still have to work to do to be a complete player?

I remind you - the criteria for the Wall of Honor is becoming and All_American.

She is an AA without question....I put her on the wall.....but not Rene style

Reaction Score
"how more complete her game is now. Etc "

Against her potential...I think her upside is higher .....much higher....that's how much I think of her.

Why would you think that an insult ???

The 2000 mark is significant and I do not downplay it.....but its a "scorers" stat....that's all....she was primarily "just" a scorer for 2 full years, and part of a 3rd.look at the other names on that list please, every one of them did "other things" too, every one of them did something else that took away from their scoring.

You guys wanna put her with Tina ? C'mon.
Sorry "@nuffsed, but YOU opened this can of worms. :rolleyes:
You do realize this Thread is to congratulate Lou on scoring 2000 points in her NCAA WBB Career as a UCONN Huskie.... Right???? :confused:
This Thread IS NOT a discussion of "the best to play at UCONN", or who gets a place on "UCONN's Mt Rushmore"... It's about One Player reaching a significant career SCORING milestone., nothing more!!

Instead of acknowledging that accomplishment, you argue she "doesn't belong in the company of the other players" who accomplished this milestone as well. This is what causes many of us to take your comments as "insult" to Lou. She deserves it... She's one of the few to go over 2000 points in her career!!!

IF you want to debate Mt. Rushmore... no one is stopping you, BUT not in this thread.

Reaction Score
Sorry "@nuffsed, but YOU opened this can of worms. :rolleyes:
You do realize this Thread is to congratulate Lou on scoring 2000 points in her NCAA WBB Career as a UCONN Huskie.... Right???? :confused:
This Thread IS NOT a discussion of "the best to play at UCONN", or who gets a place on "UCONN's Mt Rushmore"... It's about One Player reaching a significant career SCORING milestone., nothing more!!

Instead of acknowledging that accomplishment, you argue she "doesn't belong in the company of the other players" who accomplished this milestone as well. This is what causes many of us to take your comments as "insult" to Lou. She deserves it... She's one of the few to go over 2000 points in her career!!!

IF you want to debate Mt. Rushmore... no one is stopping you, BUT not in this thread.

My apologies.....I didn't realize you guys were moderators. I didn't understand the rules.

Christ, how bad would it be if this was a Barbara Turner thread.

And if I mentioned Schumacher in the 2000 final the day Stewie had 3 blocks in a single possession that woulda been an off the wall infraction

Okay okay I get it

My sincere Congrats, a box o' chocolates, and a dozen roses to Katie Lou

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming -- I will return to the occasionally lurking crowd.

Reaction Score

Yikes. Cant believe no one posted positive remarks until now. Since much of her career was on a bad ankle, all the more reason to offer our congrats.

Saw an older video of Lou and during the games she has missed 3 pointers this year it appears her delivery is different. Not facing up the same way. In the games she has hit most of her 3's, she pushes off her right foot exactly the same as frosh year. Only bringing this up since I believe Lou will get more consistent as the year goes on and she gains strength in the ankle. Predict several 30 point games (and 1-2 40 pointers) to come.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some of these replies to a new poster are :confused: Yjere is a saying - “we can disagree without being disagreeable”. This is a board for DISCUSSION, not lecturing new posters on the error of their ways

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom