Congrats from Rocky Top | The Boneyard

Congrats from Rocky Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't post much anymore since I was pretty well excommunicated from The Summitt for saying something positive about Geno(which is blasphemy on that board).No longer on The Summitt since it went "pay site".(Heck,it was barely worth going there anymore when it was free.)Just wanted to congratulate Husky Nation on an epic win.
We Lady Vols fans appreciate and love Pat for everything she did,and I know you're equally proud of Geno.Eight national titles is a HUGE accomplishment,and it matters nothing to me that "the Summitt's #1 public enemy" tied her.Both are legendary and NOTHING either will do will diminish from the other.
I'm glad I can no longer read posts on "my board".I'd rather discuss the games than be subjected to those who cannot accept the reality that we (UT) have nobody to blame but ourselves for our recent woes.Best of luck next season,as I'm sure both teams will be improved.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't post much anymore since I was pretty well excommunicated from The Summitt for saying something positive about Geno(which is blasphemy on that board).No longer on The Summitt since it went "pay site".(Heck,it was barely worth going there anymore when it was free.)Just wanted to congratulate Husky Nation on an epic win.
We Lady Vols fans appreciate and love Pat for everything she did,and I know you're equally proud of Geno.Eight national titles is a HUGE accomplishment,and it matters nothing to me that "the Summitt's #1 public enemy" tied her.Both are legendary and NOTHING either will do will diminish from the other.
I'm glad I can no longer read posts on "my board".I'd rather discuss the games than be subjected to those who cannot accept the reality that we (UT) have nobody to blame but ourselves for our recent woes.Best of luck next season,as I'm sure both teams will be improved.
Thank you kindly jeff. You are always welcome here. I expect your Vols will be improved next year. You have a lot of talent there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You are certainly welcome to post here. We have fans of many different programs that add a lot to the board and you're welcome to contribute, too.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Thanks jeff, good to hear from you.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Jeff, you will be hunted down and..... Well, let's just say it may be time to move.

Reaction Score
Could be interesting next year. UConn vs Tennessee in Nashville for #9?

Reaction Score
Thanks Jeff. Hope Nashville will be forum for a UT v UCONN final in '14. Safe passage for Husky fans is assured, right? :-o

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stwain and Jeff - thanks. I was really impressed with Holly's work this year and I think the future in TN is a lot brighter than many of us expected after a very difficult transition year the year before. Good luck to you all and maybe Nashville 2014 would be a nice place to renew the rivalry?!

Reaction Score
Thanks Jeff. Hope Nashville will be forum for a UT v UCONN final in '14. Safe passage for Husky fans is assured, right? :-o
Actually,Nashville is very nice.As far as UT support goes,I'd say it's 60-40 UT over Vanderbilt.UConn fans shouldn't be wary about coming to Nashville.In fact,I don't recall any negative incidents when the Huskies would come to Knoxville.I think Huskies fans would enjoy the experience.Climate wise,it's pretty nice,although unpredictable.Nashville is pretty much just a bigger version of Knoxville.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Nice post jeff. It has been all too easy to lump online LV fans into a group. While my interactions with LV fnas in person has been uniformly positive, online fans seem cut from a different cloth. Thanks for reminding me not to group even just online fans as all the same.

Reaction Score
Thanks lcjeff and stwain.

Pat and Geno both built WCBB dynasties. But Pat did it first. Having the Lady Vols to point to back in the early years was no doubt very helpful for Geno. Personally I'm glad to see Geno tying Pat's record and I'll be very happy when he breaks it, hopefully in Nashville. But that doesn't take away a whit from what Pat Summit accomplished.

And, oh by the way, I'm expecting the Lady Vols to be Final Four material next year and the second best team in WCBB two years hence. At the risk of being premature, welcome back Lady Vols!

Reaction Score
I am a guest on this board too, Jeff...and I can tell you that I enjoy it immensely...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stwain and Jeff - thanks. I was really impressed with Holly's work this year and I think the future in TN is a lot brighter than many of us expected after a very difficult transition year the year before. Good luck to you all and maybe Nashville 2014 would be a nice place to renew the rivalry?!
Have to say I was impressed with Holly's job as well, especially on the recruiting trail. I expected a bit more of slump.

Jeff, I could not agree more that whatever Geno achieves does not lessen Pat's legacy and in fact I think their mutual achievements only strenthen each others legacies. We are fortunate that we got to see two greats go head to head for a while.

Thanks for stopping by guys. Appreciate the kind thoughts.

Reaction Score
As a VFL, I think it's great to see Lady Vol fans on here congratulating you on winning your eigth title! I would also like to extend my congrats to you the fans, Geno and staff, and the team for playing an outstanding tourney! I realize that there are bad apples in both fan bases, and I would like to personally thank the posters on this site for being welcoming to visitors; especially the Lady Vol fans. I come from the mindset that one must give respect to receive respect. I wish the irrational fans could have the same views, but it is sports, and they tend to bring out the best and worst in people. I know I've caught a lot of flack from some LV twitter followers for personally following Geno and Ally.

Personally, I miss the days of it being UConn/Tennessee, and then everyone else. I would like to think those days are once again in the near future! I will have to say that I could not be any happier for Stewart. I suppose I could if she was in a LV uniform, but that's not important. She went through a lot of crap this season, and had to endure some harsh bs from some of her own fan base. She is simply brilliant, and is going to do GREAT things over the next three years. It's going to be exciting to watch her.

Once again, congratulations on the win! I don't think any team would have beat UConn in the championship game. Here's to looking ahead to Nashville 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom