Congrats Fishy

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If you’re even still alive? #vikings

Reaction Score
Thank you.

For one more week, I’m alive.

I cannot imagine what fresh hell next week will bring to balance this out.

As a Jets fan, don’t let your guard down for a second. They’re looking to tear your heart out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As a Jets fan, don’t let your guard down for a second. They’re looking to tear your heart out.

Everything with the Vikings turns on one simple phrase....

During any particular game or season, when I think to myself, “This could finally happen...”, everything goes to hell.

I thought that at halftime. Things went to hell. Things will go to hell again.

And if they don’t go to hell next week, Belichick is out there somewhere...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
images

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Everything with the Vikings turns on one simple phrase....

During any particular game or season, when I think to myself, “This could finally happen...”, everything goes to hell.

I thought that at halftime. Things went to hell. Things will go to hell again.

And if they don’t go to hell next week, Belichick is out there somewhere...
By 2004, I was a tapped out 40 year Red Sox fan and could not bring myself to watch. When the Yankees led 3-0 in the ALCS, I comforted myself for not caring. I watched each of their 4 consecutive victories starting no earlier than the 7th inning. I recall nothing of the World Series and believe I watched very little. When the Red Sox won finally won, it was profoundly anticlimactic.

2 years later, a dear friend gave me a season recap DVD that he'd picked up for a couple bucks at some Boston metro bargain outlet. It took me 4 more years to watch it and the whole time I was afraid of how it would turn out. Baseball season starts later and later in October every year.
I wish better for you.
Did you at least freeze last night's pizza?

Reaction Score
By 2004, I was a tapped out 40 year Red Sox fan and could not bring myself to watch. When the Yankees led 3-0 in the ALCS, I comforted myself for not caring. I watched each of their 4 consecutive victories starting no earlier than the 7th inning. I recall nothing of the World Series and believe I watched very little. When the Red Sox won finally won, it was profoundly anticlimactic.

2 years later, a dear friend gave me a season recap DVD that he'd picked up for a couple bucks at some Boston metro bargain outlet. It took me 4 more years to watch it and the whole time I was afraid of how it would turn out. Baseball season starts later and later in October every year.
I wish better for you.
Did you at least freeze last night's pizza?

So, 6 years after they won, you were afraid it was a lie and the DVD would prove otherwise?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So, 6 years after they won, you were afraid it was a lie and the DVD would prove otherwise?
Half the time I watch Hagler-Leonard I think it's going to get called for Marvin.

Should I have written "literally" so you'd know it wasn't?

Reaction Score
I'm the family member who visits my mother's grave site near a police substation originally established after gun violence off Park Street in Hartford. When it comes to over dramatic nonsense, different strokes for different folks.

So, you get nervous watching a game you’ve know the actual outcome of for 18 years and you then bring visiting your moms grave into the discussion. Sounds fine.

Reaction Score
Its just a subconscious thing. For whatever reason, I feel anxious rewatching big games. Pretty sure it is partially biological too. I can't help it.

I get a little sick watching live games, especially big games. My face gets hot, mouth dry and eventually I get a bad headache.

Reaction Score
Its just a subconscious thing. For whatever reason, I feel anxious rewatching big games. Pretty sure it is partially biological too. I can't help it.

I get a little sick watching live games, especially big games. My face gets hot, mouth dry and eventually I get a bad headache.
Doesn't sound pleasant. I think I'd pick something else to occupy my free time if that happened to me.

Reaction Score

Do you think that makes you a super Fan?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Things of this sort are not at all uncommon with human beings. That's why I self-effacingly shared my own pecadillo after reading the OP with its own anxious take on, "if you think it affects the mojo..."

Here we've uncovered some illogical & irrational time-distorted and reality-compromised stuff that can't mount a defense against the too literal, the humorless, the uncomprehending, the judgmental, or the sarcastic mind, which sometimes shows up in a single person who has elsewhere displayed the kinds of distortions explored by behavioral psychologists. Of course some people dismiss those social scientists as charlatans. Who's to say?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So, you get nervous watching a game you’ve know the actual outcome of for 18 years and you then bring visiting your moms grave into the discussion. Sounds fine.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
Do you think that makes you a super Fan?

No. I'd say it makes me a person that gets some sort of stress response from close games that makes me feel crappy.

Reaction Score
Weather forecast for Sunday is 50s in Philly. I am hoping Case Keenum gets frozen. Should be below 50 by game time.

Enjoy the game, Fishy. Might as well get a ticket to the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom