Congrats Carla Berube and the Princeton Tigers | The Boneyard

Congrats Carla Berube and the Princeton Tigers

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Princeton last night won its 13th straight game and clinched at least a share of the Ivy League Regular Season Championship. Columbia plays today and with a win will share the title with Princeton. Fifth straight for the Tigers and 3rd straight with Carla as coach.

The Ivy League Tournament will be played at Jadwyn Gym beginning Friday March 10th.

Reaction Score
I vote for Carla as the next coach
At this point, I agree. I would actually prefer Kara Lawson but she probably wouldn't leave Duke for UConn. And, if I could choose absolutely anyone, it would be Brad Stevens. I know it will never happen but I think he would be a great women's coach.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Preview of the Ivy Tournament which begins this afternoon. Penn v Princeton at 4:30 on ESPN+

https://www./ncaaw/mid-majors/2023-ivy-league-tournament-preview-princeton-columbia-harvard-penn/

Charlie still projects Columbia as the winner in his latest bracketology though @Phil noted that elsewhere he picked Princeton to win. He's hopelessly conflicted on this one.

Entering the Ivy League Tournament, Princeton and Columbia are both in position for at-large berths to the NCAA Tournament if they don’t get the conference’s automatic berth. As of Feb. 9, ESPN bracketologist Charlie Creme projects Princeton as the last at-large team in the field, earning a No. 11 seed, and Columbia as the presumed Ivy Tournament champion and a No. 10 seed. Harvard and Penn would both have to win the Ivy Tournament in order to make the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
Preview of the Ivy Tournament which begins this afternoon. Penn v Princeton at 4:30 on ESPN+

Charlie still projects Columbia as the winner in his latest bracketology though @Phil noted that elsewhere he picked Princeton to win. He's hopelessly conflicted on this one.

Entering the Ivy League Tournament, Princeton and Columbia are both in position for at-large berths to the NCAA Tournament if they don’t get the conference’s automatic berth. As of Feb. 9, ESPN bracketologist Charlie Creme projects Princeton as the last at-large team in the field, earning a No. 11 seed, and Columbia as the presumed Ivy Tournament champion and a No. 10 seed. Harvard and Penn would both have to win the Ivy Tournament in order to make the NCAA Tournament.
I love Carla, but gotta root for Penn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As much as I would love to see upstart Columbia win the conference tournament, Princeton is on a roll right now. I do expect the Lions and Tigers to match up in the Ivy Conference Championship and I also expect Princeton to come out on top.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
wizard of oz GIF

Reaction Score
Well, I will cheering for my fellow Norwalk native and also Azzi’s former AAU and high school teammate whom both play for Columbia.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There will be plenty of time to talk about it when Geno it announces his intention to retire.
As soon has he secures #12 ... Ta Ta!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Princeton defeats Penn 60-47. Plays the winner of Columbia v Harvard for the championship.

Reaction Score

Respectfully disagree
Charlie is not “ hopelessly conflicted “
He’s just plain hopeless plain and simple
Not to brag but at my age I am somewhat of an expert on the subject ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Well well. Harvard beats Columbia 72-65 in OT.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So Columbia is not the automatic qualifier from the Ivy league. Either Princeton or Harvard will earn that tomorrow. The question is whether the Ivy League is a one-bid league if Harvard wins the tournament.
How did I screw that up? LOL. I had to quickly edit my post.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How did I screw that up? LOL. I had to quickly edit my post.
I deleted my response.

As I was saying, Columbia can no longer be the automatic qualifier for the Ivy League in Charlie's bracketology. Princeton or Harvard will earn that distinction tomorrow.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Harvard just beat Columbia in the Ivy tourney
Princeton in position to prevail tomorrow...

Does this mean that St. John's gets into the dance?
(Poor Columbia, they had a great season).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom