Congrats Breanna!!!!! | The Boneyard

Congrats Breanna!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats... UConn's future was brightened with the addition of this young lady.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats! More hardware for Bre's collection. This is a really nice one!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Perfect end to a great senior campaign.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Can hardly wait to get a look at this 2012 class during the Final Four weekend. I watched some footage of Stewart from this past summer's international play and she looks to have as well rounded a game as there may have ever been coming out of high school.

USA has such a bright future. Can you imagine Charles and Griner at the 5 and Stewart and EDD at the 4. Holy moly that is going to be a load to handle when these girls are older and more mature and have some experience playing together.

Which current high school and college players will play a big role in the future of USA Basketball? You have to think that Stewart, EDD, Jefferson, Diggins, and Griner will be in the mix. Probably KML, Elizabeth Williams, Nneka and Sims will be part of that group as well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I cant wait for the 3 incoming freshman to suit up and mesh with the talented squad we currently have (less the senior Hayes)! Watch out!

I have seen Tuck play many times here in Chicago and she is much better than advertised.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I cant wait for the 3 incoming freshman to suit up and mesh with the talented squad we currently have (less the senior Hayes)! Watch out!

I have seen Tuck play many times here in Chicago and she is much better than advertised.
Milford and i have been talking about that for a long time now. when she verbaled, i continuously pointed out that she outperformed, or at least played equal to (stats wise) Cierra Burdick, who was a year older than her. and her stats on all the USA teams have been MUCH better than Malina Howard and Basharra Graves, 2 kids HG has way ahead of her.

she was the #1 kid in her class as a freshman before her ACL injury and if she's not one of the top 5 kids in the class, then i don't live in San Diego. it's the best 3-person class in the history of WCBB.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Tuck and Jefferson were two of the other five finalists.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
she was the #1 kid in her class as a freshman before her ACL injury and if she's not one of the top 5 kids in the class, then i don't live in San Diego.

You moved!?!

She's not one of the top five kids. She's one of the top three. :cool:

Reaction Score
Milford and i have been talking about that for a long time now. when she verbaled, i continuously pointed out that she outperformed, or at least played equal to (stats wise) Cierra BurRichard, who was a year older than her. and her stats on all the USA teams have been MUCH better than Malina Howard and Basharra Graves, 2 kids HG has way ahead of her.

she was the #1 kid in her class as a freshman before her ACL injury and if she's not one of the top 5 kids in the class, then i don't live in San Diego. it's the best 3-person class in the history of WCBB.
The consensus around the country by the recruiting experts is exactly that! #1 Breanna Stewart,#2 Mo Jefferson,and consensus #4 lol or 3;) Morgan Tuck make up the best class in the history of WCBB! You have nailed it Eric! There may be classes in previous years with 5-6 players or more which using the point system may be used in posts or articles to state a particle class may be the best! Never in WCBB have 3 players been ranked in the lofty positions as these three. Not only are they rankd high,but they are considered by many to be better than previous kids ranked in the same positions! Eric lol you risked nothing with your San Diego and top 5 comment;) The 3 are that good. Breanna has been an immediate college star for the last 3 years in High School. Mo may be the best defesive guard as a FR,Tuck as you noted was #1 in her class prior to her ACL injury after her Fr year during the USA workouts! She has come back with a vengence. When you add these kids to returning players in 2012,and the players we may very well get in 2013 and 2014. The next 4-6 years are going to be remarkable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There may be classes in previous years with 5-6 players or more which using the point system may be used in posts or articles to state a particle class may be the best! Never in WCBB have 3 players been ranked in the lofty positions as these three. Not only are they rankd high,but they are considered by many to be better than previous kids ranked in the same positions! Eric lol you risked nothing with your San Diego and top 5 comment;) The 3 are that good.
Well #1, #2, #5, #13 and #18 back in 98 was ranked pretty high, and turned out to be a pretty good class. (That was Williams, Cash, Jones, Walters and Bird respectively). We'll have to see how this new class stacks up against that class after 4 years. I'm hoping (and thinking) they will do pretty well.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Milford and i have been talking about that for a long time now. when she verbaled, i continuously pointed out that she outperformed, or at least played equal to (stats wise) Cierra BurRichard, who was a year older than her. and her stats on all the USA teams have been MUCH better than Malina Howard and Basharra Graves, 2 kids HG has way ahead of her.

USA stats are not really a fair measure, given they are not playing against one another and it does not say anything about the quality of competition at their respective positions, to say nothing of the fact that Tuck does not play the same position as Howard and Graves.

That being said, rankings are a snapshot of where players are at a given time, with some factor weighed in for potential. I expect Tuck to move up quite a bit when the final rankings are released, given how she has recovered from her injuries and her impressive total body of work.

Obviously, HG thinks very highly of her now, even if they have not done a comprehensive revision of the rankings (the current rankings are from August, IIRC), seeing as how HG named her one of the top five players in high school, irrespective of class.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

How often does Morgan shoot the three? And is she really confident of that shot?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
How often does Morgan shoot the three? And is she really confident of that shot?

Average probably 2-3 per game IF she needs it. She spends a lot of time with her back to the basket and face up jump shot. IF I had to compare her to a player ( and i dont like doing this) but I would say A. Jones.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was thinking that physically she is like AJ as well. She can shoot too. She mixes in the occasional three and shoots over 69% overall. Sounds like Tamika too. She also does the little things.

MoJeff may take a little while to learn what Geno is teaching, but she is the most physically gifted PG I have seen. All 3 will compete for PT. I really think we are getting Bill Walton, Carmelo Anthony, and Calvin Murphy. These kids are sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom