Confident about Akok | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Confident about Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I would. As a 2nd year player he really seemed unsure of himself on defense. He also looked good on offense with the ball until it came to actually putting it in the basket (or trying to pass).
Any big can look like an NBA player on offense if he has a Jason Kidd (look at Josh Boone with the Nets) type point guard to feed him. Not sure what the LV team has for players but I will be surprised if Enoch excels (like all league).
As a sophomore Enoch had 4 assists and 32 turnovers (that's almost 1 turnover per minute played), he averaged 2.3 rebounds and 3.4 points a game for 12 minutes; for comparison Amida (who couldn't catch, pass or rebound) for 24 minutes a game had 8 assists and 50 turnovers and averaged 6.1 rebounds and 7.6 points.
At least Brimah shot 57%, Enoch shot 41%.

To all the Casual Fans out there. Chief’s role is not to regurgitate statistics in the rear view mirror - an algorithm can do that. But rather, to project into the future using skills that are both art and science.

Reaction Score
To all the Casual Fans out there. Chief’s role is not to regurgitate statistics in the rear view mirror - an algorithm can do that. But rather, to project into the future using skills that are both art and science.
Just like the palm reader I go to?

Reaction Score
Sauce me the next powerball numbers?

Reaction Score

Chief, spitting lyrics. Spouting wisdom to the casual fan.

Reaction Score
I would. As a 2nd year player he really seemed unsure of himself on defense. He also looked good on offense with the ball until it came to actually putting it in the basket (or trying to pass).
Any big can look like an NBA player on offense if he has a Jason Kidd (look at Josh Boone with the Nets) type point guard to feed him. Not sure what the LV team has for players but I will be surprised if Enoch excels (like all league).
As a sophomore Enoch had 4 assists and 32 turnovers (that's almost 1 turnover per minute played), he averaged 2.3 rebounds and 3.4 points a game for 12 minutes; for comparison Amida (who couldn't catch, pass or rebound) for 24 minutes a game had 8 assists and 50 turnovers and averaged 6.1 rebounds and 7.6 points.
At least Brimah shot 57%, Enoch shot 41%.

I would be surprised if Enoch excels too. Awful on defense and always looked like he’d rather be anywhere else than on the court. No hustle, lack of awareness.

Durham and Jackson will be the transfers that excel...

Enoch will not be the loss...

Durham more so. Vance would’ve had a decent career here. Durham could’ve been a star had he been healthy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Keeping in mind of course that "plans change?"

Reaction Score

This right here, ladies and gentlemen is peak Chief.

The bar keeps getting set higher and higher. , casual fans and even the guy at the car wash agree, Chief brings it strong.

C

Chief00

I would be surprised if Enoch excels too. Awful on defense and always looked like he’d rather be anywhere else than on the court. No hustle, lack of awareness.

Durham more so. Vance would’ve had a decent career here. Durham could’ve been a star had he been healthy.

Durham - I would need to know more about his knee structure. The other thing is - he needs to get up to some baseline in terms of strength. I do like his length and he keeps the ball high - has the potential of having a nice soft shot. Work ethic - could be better but few 19 year olds in that environment - would have work hard.

C

Chief00

Of course they’re going to get their first verbals in September. I don’t understand how that’s news or a prediction,
Do you know how many posters will jump on Chief if that doesn’t happen by October 1st? Chief never takes anything for granted in recruiting. Some get tire of Chief mentioning doing the grind. But, I respect and appreciate all the hard work, relationships and communication salesmanship that goes into successful recruiting - especially when you have a couple headwinds. Thankfully now our coaches are doing all of that +.

Reaction Score
Besides ag and Vance Jackson the rest of that class was unimpressive. Durham was injured but still didn’t seem like he was going to make a difference , Diarra s knees were messed up and vital is a stat sheet filler at best. The real question I keep asking myself is how did things get so bad for Vance Jackson that he was willing to leave uconn, sit a year and enroll at New Mexico. Something doesn’t add up. I kno ollie didn’t really connect with him but still... I thought he was gonna be a very good player for us. Showed definite offensive promise his frosh year. We shud never of let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom