Confident about Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Confident about Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let’s see how he does at Ville. He did not exactly have good Bigs coaching at UConn nor the system under KO/GM.
I still refuse to believe that when you were hinting at recruiting riches that cycle you were talking about Enoch.

C

Chief00

I still refuse to believe that when you were hinting at recruiting riches that cycle you were talking about Enoch.
It wasn’t exactly a bad class. Durham is playing for ND , Enoch UL and Gilbert (who was injured) and CV are critical to UConn. VJ had a good freshman year and is playing at New Mexico.
Enoch could be a very good college player. He has good hands and size. He didn’t understand the principles around GM’s junk defenses as a freshmen. He’s at UL now and GM is in D3.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, Jalen Gaffney’s dad “liked” this tweet on Twitter
Makes you wonder if Gaffney could be the guy the staff wanted to reassure with the release about Akok.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It wasn’t exactly a bad class. Durham is playing for ND , Enoch UL and Gilbert (who was injured) and CV are critical to UConn. VJ had a good freshman year and is playing at New Mexico.
Enoch could be a very good college player. He has good hands and size. He didn’t understand the principles around GM’s junk defenses as a freshmen. He’s at UL now and GM is in D3.

Enoch was not in that recruiting class.

#ExposedAsACasual

Reaction Score
Enoch was not in that recruiting class.

#ExposedAsACasual
No but Diarra ,and Larrier were
It actually was a very good if unlucky class
Very complimentary to Adam and Enoch recruited the year before
Especially with leftovers, Purvis, Facey , and Brimah .
There is one huge whole in that class that doomed the team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Enoch struggled with the basic defensive shell concepts.

He was just a step slow on his rotations.

No defense was really going to cover him up except for that one they play in hideous orange uniforms.

C

Chief00

No but Diarra ,and Larrier were
It actually was a very good if unlucky class
Very complimentary to Adam and Enoch recruited the year before
Especially with leftovers, Purvis, Facey , and Brimah .
There is one huge whole in that class that doomed the team.

Larrier is a little murky - being a transfer - but yes you could include him as well - if you wish.

C

Chief00

Enoch struggled with the basic defensive shell concepts.

He was just a step slow on his rotations.

No defense was really going to cover him up except for that one they play in hideous orange uniforms.

He’s not a slow guy for a Big. It was a mental not a physical thing. Other guys rotated but often to the wrong spots LOL. Our assistant coach’s defenses confused our team more than the opponent. Perhaps they would have worked in the Ivy League?

the Q

Reaction Score
He’s not a slow guy for a Big. It was a mental not a physical thing. Other guys rotated but often to the wrong spots LOL. Our assistant coach’s defenses confused our team more than the opponent. Perhaps they would have worked in the Ivy League?

I didn’t say he was slow. His rotations were.

That could be mental. Either way he wasn’t cutting it in basically any scheme because he didn’t get the shell concept.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say he was slow. His rotations were.

That could be mental. Either way he wasn’t cutting it in basically any scheme because he didn’t get the shell concept.

Please explain the shell concept for us casual fans.

Reaction Score
Please explain the shell concept for us casual fans.

man defense rotations and help. Ie. Enoch had a tough time stepping across the lane line and walling up when a guards' defender beat them. Baseline is the hardest for bigs because it means turning your back to your man, and trusting someone else to pick up your own man.

Teams like Virginia have used packline and switched to forcing the ball middle so bigs have an easier time rotating.

They pay me to talk about and teach this crap for a living. PM if you want some more info. I can sens links.

Reaction Score
man defense rotations and help. Ie. Enoch had a tough time stepping across the lane line and walling up when a guards' defender beat them. Baseline is the hardest for bigs because it means turning your back to your man, and trusting someone else to pick up your own man.

Teams like Virginia have used packline and switched to forcing the ball middle so bigs have an easier time rotating.

They pay me to talk about and teach this crap for a living. PM if you want some more info. I can sens links.
Are you really Mike Kryshfrdjkbki posting here on summer break? :eek:

Reaction Score

Did the new Louisville coach hire new bigs coaches?

Because Ville fans seem to think their bigs regress at Louisville and get absolutely no positional coaching under Pitino.

Reaction Score
Did the new Louisville coach hire new bigs coaches?

Because Ville fans seem to think their bigs regress at Louisville and get absolutely no positional coaching under Pitino.
They have a brand new staff...

the Q

Reaction Score
Are you really Mike Kryshfrdjkbki posting here on summer break? :eek:

No. He said he coaches defense.

Coach K hasn’t taught defense in a decade.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's not Enoch's class. Enoch came in the year before. That year, UConn locked up Adams and you were going on and on about how that was just the beginning, it screamed multiple Top 50 players, not 1 Top 100. I just hope your hinting is more accurate this time.

Reaction Score
True, Josh screwed things up - he was over his head and living off Rip.
Nate was basically a nice, nearly homeless kid who had a bunch of bad stuff happen to him that he did not understand.

I will always remember during Jim’s 2011 NC run some news organization tried to get Nate to rat out Calhoun and failed. I will remember him for that. I have his back. I wish more UConn fans would return that loyalty to him.
I remember. I believe the poor kid was homeless at the time. Sleeping on a friends couch. Any idea where he is now? He could have played overseas.

C

Chief00

I remember. I believe the poor kid was homeless at the time. Sleeping on a friends couch. Any idea where he is now? He could have played overseas.
Loss touch with him. Wouldn’t be optimistic about being on good path but who knows?

C

Chief00

That's not Enoch's class. Enoch came in the year before. That year, UConn locked up Adams and you were going on and on about how that was just the beginning, it screamed multiple Top 50 players, not 1 Top 100. I just hope your hinting is more accurate this time.
Larrier is another. So that’s three. But, show me that post.

the Q

Reaction Score

I could geek out with you all day on this.

My hs hoops coach beat this into our brains. I could still make all the rotations and calls in my sleep. Lol

Reaction Score
Will not be shocked if Enoch excels.

I would. As a 2nd year player he really seemed unsure of himself on defense. He also looked good on offense with the ball until it came to actually putting it in the basket (or trying to pass).
Any big can look like an NBA player on offense if he has a Jason Kidd (look at Josh Boone with the Nets) type point guard to feed him. Not sure what the LV team has for players but I will be surprised if Enoch excels (like all league).
As a sophomore Enoch had 4 assists and 32 turnovers (that's almost 1 turnover per minute played), he averaged 2.3 rebounds and 3.4 points a game for 12 minutes; for comparison Amida (who couldn't catch, pass or rebound) for 24 minutes a game had 8 assists and 50 turnovers and averaged 6.1 rebounds and 7.6 points.
At least Brimah shot 57%, Enoch shot 41%.

Reaction Score
I would. As a 2nd year player he really seemed unsure of himself on defense. He also looked good on offense with the ball until it came to actually putting it in the basket (or trying to pass).
Any big can look like an NBA player on offense if he has a Jason Kidd (look at Josh Boone with the Nets) type point guard to feed him. Not sure what the LV team has for players but I will be surprised if Enoch excels (like all league).
As a sophomore Enoch had 4 assists and 32 turnovers (that's almost 1 turnover per minute played), he averaged 2.3 rebounds and 3.4 points a game for 12 minutes; for comparison Amida (who couldn't catch, pass or rebound) for 24 minutes a game had 8 assists and 50 turnovers and averaged 6.1 rebounds and 7.6 points.
At least Brimah shot 57%, Enoch shot 41%.
Players that did badly under KO get some slack, and you can excel without being all league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom