Conference Tournament Permanent location.... | The Boneyard

Conference Tournament Permanent location....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The AAC needs a little glamour. And Hartford, a nice city, lacks glamour.
However, their are two cities that could add that little something extra to this dull scenario.
The first being the Big Easy. With Tulane in this conference why not consider New Orleans as the permanent home? It has the hotel rooms, the stadium and is a tourist destination all on its own. Memphis was a little too cold and does not have the same attraction as New Orleans. I thinks fans from all of the conferences would not mind penciling a trip to New Orleans for the tourney. Jazz, food and basketball. Heaven.
The other city is Orlando. It has Disney. And it has a great arena and it has Disney, which has ESPN.
AAC goes to Disney could help this conference image and recruiting and how could ESPN ignore us.

Reaction Score
No easy way to get to NOLA from here. Would much rather have it on Orlando.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
How about NYC where it belongs. I don't care if we play outside on a playground court.

Big East is dead...time to move on.

Memphis, Orlando, Hartford, even Tulsa and Cincy will most likely get a shot at hosting, eventually.

Reaction Score
The AAC needs a little glamour. And Hartford, a nice city, lacks glamour.
However, their are two cities that could add that little something extra to this dull scenario.
The first being the Big Easy. With Tulane in this conference why not consider New Orleans as the permanent home? It has the hotel rooms, the stadium and is a tourist destination all on its own. Memphis was a little too cold and does not have the same attraction as New Orleans. I thinks fans from all of the conferences would not mind penciling a trip to New Orleans for the tourney. Jazz, food and basketball. Heaven.
The other city is Orlando. It has Disney. And it has a great arena and it has Disney, which has ESPN.
AAC goes to Disney could help this conference image and recruiting and how could ESPN ignore us.

I loved my trip to Memphis last year and would go back again if the tourney was held there. Beale St alone was worth the trip. While it would have been nice if it was a bit warmer, it's not like I left the tropics behind when I left Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Atlantis. Not the Caribbean resort but the straight up lost city. If no suitable 2000 seat arena then the factory in Chernobyl.

Reaction Score
good idea; russia nuclear site scary though due to animals with genetic defects which are now said to be big foots, however may be olywould recroot this region to line up big to replace his amoeba man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom