Conference Tournament 2020-2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Tournament 2020-2022

Reaction Score
Or the Big 12 because they play in KC, or the Big 10 because they play in Indy, ect....
Which is why both the Big and Acc moved their respective tourneys to NYC. In other words, the P5 is moving in while we are moving further away.

Reaction Score
KC is a great spot. Sprint Arena attached to entertainment area (Power & Light), incredibly cool.

Which is why both the Big and Acc moved their respective tourneys to NYC. In other words, the P5 is moving in while we are moving further away.

Reaction Score
ACC basketball tournaments will be in NC in 2019 and 2020. Big 10 has a 1 year deal for NYC in 2018. They are not moving in, they are rotating.

Reaction Score
They are filling the void left by the big east, that's the kick in the nuts.

Reaction Score
ACC basketball tournaments will be in NC in 2019 and 2020. Big 10 has a 1 year deal for NYC in 2018. They are not moving in, they are rotating.
Exactly. Rotating in, while we are rotating out. The AAC has pinned down its location. The only thing left is for it to bump its tournament date up a week for better TV exposure. By 2026, that will happen as well.

Reaction Score
If the AAC Tournament was still at MSG - guess what - nobody would go.

Hell, even in the opening rounds of the 2011 version of the Big East, nobody would go!

Hell even in the opening rounds of the 2004 BE tourney, the place was a quarter filled

Reaction Score
Texas is horrible.
You're right, it's awful.
0_7f91b_d5f2bcab_orig

6a00e54f7fc4c58833016305e46e19970d-300wi

Reaction Score
Is the ACC Tournament irrelevant because they play in Greensboro?
Jim Boeheim thinks so.

"New York City is a great venue for our tournament,” Boeheim said. "I think the big city is where it should be played. I think it should be played here, Washington, Atlanta. That's where the tournament should be played. …

"There's no value in playing in Greensboro, none. It's there because the league's been there and the office is there, and they have 150 people that the ACC needs. That's why it's there. It should not be there."

Reaction Score
The AAC, of which we are a current member, has lots of drivable fans near enough to Fort Worth. The dfw metroplex is fun so it makes some sense. I have found Texans to be sports fans and have been in the major cities multiple times. It could be Tulsa do I will take Ft. worth. But we can't even get Dallas?

Ah......nvm

Reaction Score
The mere thought of UConn being in the aac in 2022 has me really depressed. And disgusted..

The MVC is looking to replace a school with a great basketball history excited about playing more often in Texas that just moved to the AAC. ;)Perhaps you should fill their spot.

Reaction Score
Reading deep into this...is moving from hartford to Texas a sign that uconn is close to leaving for a new conference?

Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim thinks so.

"New York City is a great venue for our tournament,” Boeheim said. "I think the big city is where it should be played. I think it should be played here, Washington, Atlanta. That's where the tournament should be played. …

"There's no value in playing in Greensboro, none. It's there because the league's been there and the office is there, and they have 150 people that the ACC needs. That's why it's there. It should not be there."
Boeheim's an idiot. You go where the fans are. You can rotate, but the fact is a huge chunk of ACC fans are in Charlotte and in Greensboro. Kansas City isn't the biggest city in the B12 footprint, but it's where the B12 tournament is because it's where the basketball fans are.

Put it this way, if you are selecting a city because of things to do outside the arena, then you are putting the cart before the horse. The draw should be the basketball, and location really should picked for ease to getting fans to see the basketball. New York made sense for the Big East because it was the center of conference. Bonus points in that it was New York City, but it's location relative to fans was really why it worked. New York makes sense in the rotation for the ACC, as does Atlanta and DC. But North Carolina should get the bulk of the tournaments. And it's because of fans, not amenities.

Reaction Score
Reading deep into this...is moving from hartford to Texas a sign that uconn is close to leaving for a new conference?
As much as I would like to read that into it, I doubt it very much. The tourney in Hartford was a disaster for attendance, the tourney in Orlando equally so, so now they are moving it closer to where more of the conference members reside. Nothing more. The SMU's, Tulsa's will only get better. The population out there is growing. Perhaps also, the lack of support of the conference by UConn nation itself has forced the conference to look to the south west.

C

Chief00

Unfortunately, you are reading too much into this - the issue is being worked - but no connection that I am aware of to the tournament location.
Chief00

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom