Conference Tournament 2020-2022 | The Boneyard

Conference Tournament 2020-2022

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I actually don't mind this. 14000 seat arena is perfect and its close enough for SMU, Houston, Wichita, Tulsa, Memphis, and Tulane (lol) to drive. Hub airport with easy access for the rest of the teams and can stay in Dallas and hit McKinney street which is awesome. Been advocating for it to be in Dallas but Fort Worth isn't awful.

Reaction Score
People suggested it should be in Dallas over OKC or Tulsa, now its in Dallas metro area and people are upset?

Dallas is a fun city, this is a destination I will try to go to for the AACT.

Reaction Score
As a Dallasite, I could understand people in the northeast thinking this is a terrible site. But I assure you, this is a great destination and all of you would have a blast. Fort Worth can hold it's own, but it's 30 min from Dallas and even shorter than that to DFW airport. Best food around, the best looking women, good weather, and plenty to do. It's no MSG or Nola but it is better than you think. I'm sure those that made it to Jerry World for the Final 4 can agree.

FWIW, ESPN has set up camp in Fort Worth for the Super Bowl, Final 4, etc over Dallas...It's a great spot to hang out. I would stay in Dallas though and commute.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So they built a 14,000 seat arena in Fort Worth to host rodeo competitions and the American Basketball tournament a couple times?

What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
So they built a 14,000 seat arena in Fort Worth to host rodeo competitions and the American Basketball tournament a couple times?

What am I missing here?
can never have enough arenas in DFW. The Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo is a huge event and is a month long alone. Honestly, I'm willing to bet that if all they had were rodeos all year long (which they will), it will be worth being built.

Reaction Score

What am I missing here?
They are hosting the NCAA tournament in 2022, and I am sure are hoping to be a regular in that rotation. Those rodeo competitions had over 1.2 million attendees last year. TCU basketball will probably play some games there. It is the biggest convention center space in the countries 16th biggest city. Forth Worth is one of the fastest growing cities in countries I am sure they will no issues finding use for this stadium even without a pro team there.

Reaction Score
Not NYC but great city to visit for a few days... easy to get to from CT. Better than OKCty, Tulsa or Nawlins for travel ease/$$. Tons to do in surrounding area.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Fort Worth is a good location - although three consecutive years is a bit much. Plenty to do, good weather and easy/cheap flights to DFW.

Reaction Score
Stay in Dallas and travel almost an hour to Fort Worth? Fort Worth has plenty with Sundance Square, Stockyards, etc.

Nice brand new arena, but I agree NOLA awesome. Just wonder if tougher to schedule NBA arenas during the season.

I actually don't mind this. 14000 seat arena is perfect and its close enough for SMU, Houston, Wichita, Tulsa, Memphis, and Tulane (lol) to drive. Hub airport with easy access for the rest of the teams and can stay in Dallas and hit McKinney street which is awesome. Been advocating for it to be in Dallas but Fort Worth isn't awful.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They are hosting the NCAA tournament in 2022, and I am sure are hoping to be a regular in that rotation. Those rodeo competitions had over 1.2 million attendees last year. TCU basketball will probably play some games there. It is the biggest convention center space in the countries 16th biggest city. Forth Worth is one of the fastest growing cities in countries I am sure they will no issues finding use for this stadium even without a pro team there.

You're right, there's nothing better that the city of Fort Worth could've directed their investment in this on. Nothing.

Reaction Score
You're right, there's nothing better that the city of Fort Worth could've directed their investment in this on. Nothing.
Oh god, cry somewhere else.

Reaction Score
The location is the furthest thing from the issue.

Is the ACC Tournament irrelevant because they play in Greensboro?

Location is everything. Went from the greatest arena in the world in the greatest city in the world to .......................

Reaction Score
The location is the furthest thing from the issue.

Is the ACC Tournament irrelevant because they play in Greensboro?
Or the Big 12 because they play in KC, or the Big 10 because they play in Indy, ect....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Location is everything. Went from the greatest arena in the world in the greatest city in the world to ........

If the AAC Tournament was still at MSG - guess what - nobody would go.

Hell, even in the opening rounds of the 2011 version of the Big East, nobody would go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom