Conference realignment timeline going forward is pretty clear | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference realignment timeline going forward is pretty clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, I just noted the irony of those who now want/hope for the conference equal revenue sharing model to fail or be modified.

I didn't bring up the subject or "get out in front of it". I responded to someone else's post on the issue.
It's a lot easier to be magnanimous in an expanding revenue era like the one we're in especially when to schools like Ohio State ,Texas and ND. Media money is a only a fraction of their revenue stream. When it starts declining along with other revenue that when the axes comes out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These conferences can't agree on anything. They aren't going to throw all the FB helmets in a pile and choose up four 16 or 18 team leagues.

You are much more likely to get the top 8 FB powers and their designated little brothers pulling away to for a super league, but that isn't happening either with all the geographic, political, and traditional ties. It be like a coin coming up heads 64-72 times in a row. Then there is the little matter of not wanting to be buried in a league with too may other strong programs because someone is going 5-7 in any league.

The best you'll see is a consortium of the P4 adding TX and OU for the college playoff payouts, the B12 will be shut out and the other conferences MIGHT cherry pick some of the other programs. No one is getting kicked out of a P4 league unless the top 32 or so programs decided to go it alone. But, that would be like heads coming up 32 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom