Conference realignment board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference realignment board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I appreciate the consolidation. I was trolling each of the separate boards for info.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
When it comes time for a football game and everyone is still posting this and that about the game and this and that about realignment, the board will get really ugly really quick. It is easier to monitor the board this way for those who are in charge of such things.

By creating an entire forum for realignment talk the admins have recognized the importance of the topic so stop b*itching and moaning and just post there.

Reaction Score
Hey, it's got to be a real pain in the ass when you want to get AWAY from realignment talk by talking about the actual team and all you see is thread after thread after thread reminding you of the crappy spot we're in.

The admins did you guys a favor, tried to clean up the place. Show a little bit of thanks, once in a while.

Your right...the 3 threads about football are smoking now. I posted a great story about Byron Jones from the Courant and it got 40 views in 45 minutes...smokin' hot!

Reaction Score
Tom set up a board strictly for conference realignment topics. So, if you start a thrwad on that topic here and it goes missing, look for it on the other board.

Bright ideas like this one is why we pay you two the big bucks. thanks, nan

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Usually when there is high demand for something, it warrants its own board. I don't understand why people would complain that something they want to post about a lot is getting an entire forum dedicated to it

Reaction Score
Usually when there is high demand for something, it warrants its own board. I don't understand why people would complain that something they want to post about a lot is getting an entire forum dedicated to it

When people click on a conference realignment link (when it was here) there was the chance, and it did happen, where people would contribute to a football themed thread.

Most people are spending all their time on the conference realignment board and not thinking about the few threads that are trying to get started here regarding football. A mixed board is no big deal because if people wanted to talk football they would have.

My first post said "it is what it is" and I was ready to move on til...well...it is what it is. Let's move on.

Reaction Score
I like the new board. Only request would be for a quick link to be added to the drop down box up top.

Reaction Score
Tom set up a board strictly for conference realignment topics. So, if you start a thrwad on that topic here and it goes missing, look for it on the other board.

Thanks. Better than having to check all 3 boards for news.

Reaction Score
It's just a pain in the ass going back and forth. Especially on my cell phone when I check in most during the day. I'm sure I'm not alone with this.board

you're not alone.

Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone's so upset.

Candid answer, for me at least:
1) it's easier to keep to go between threads on the football board, especially when checking in from my Blackberry,
2) it actually is a football topic. Yes, it affects all sports at UConn, but unquestionably it is really about football.
3) I say this meaning no disrespect to any UConn fans but I'm not interested in reading the input of visiting WBB or MBB fans from other schools. Now I'm weeding through their posts that I never had to do before.
And 4) if it was MBB or WBB driving the bus on realignment I doubt this gets moved off of either of those boards.

Just answering the question asked.

Reaction Score
By the way. Don't forget to clean up the men's hoops board.
Bingo! I'm not holding my breath on that one. There were some sensitive folks when the FB board actually surpassed the MBB board in post count and threads.

Reaction Score
Nobody is really upset, it's just fun to watch message board admins try to flex their muscles. I'm sure it was just a way to help the women's basketball fans find the relevant threads. No way they could have found them otherwise.

Yeah, the women's fans cant compare to the Einsteins on the FB board. When's your next Mensa meeting?

Reaction Score
Wow, I haven't seen this many tears since my ex-girlfriend watched the Notebook. Get a grip, people. This isn't the Gezpatcho taking away your precious, precious forums which, by the way, you don't pay for. They are just organizing it. Get over yourself. If you don't like it, go start your own forums and enjoy spending all your free time babysitting your fellow crybabies cause they don't like the way you organize forum topics.

Reaction Score
thanks for seperating the conference board, Nan. personally i like having everything filtered between the two, although a quicker way to jump over there would be nice. it was becoming a treasure hunt to find anything game or player related. we got a great commit the other day and i think it was completely lost in the conference realignment talk.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
t personally i like having everything filtered between the two, although a quicker way to jump over there would be nice.

Working on it. Unfortunately, pesky daytime jobs need attention during the day.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
It's because the women's board was getting destroyed in the amount of posts being posted on the football board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The other board doesnt appear on my tapatalk app for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm much happier with the separation Nan. There is just too much drama going on with all the realignment and new threads are constantly being created to handle the latest rumors and it just overwhelms the ability to have a discussion about actual football. Let's try to keep things civil folks.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think most comments were just made for humor although a few were just mean spirited.

Besides it is only representational that someone realigns our realignment threads.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I appreciate the idea. Although there is a lot of overlap, each of the MBB and FB boards have their own posters and culture. Each wanted to discuss the topic. Those discussions were different based upon the view points of both boards. I would haved preferred to leave the threads where they were but it kind of silly to suggest that the move was motivated by anything other than good intent.

Reaction Score
I've been, in general, a Lurker for 9 years and 3 incarnations of the Boneyard, and this is one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read. You guys are too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom