Conference Coaches of the Year (late season edition) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Coaches of the Year (late season edition)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thats how this always works. A coach on the brink of getting fired only to pull a rabbit out of their hat to get another extension. They will go another two years of bad/medicore play then have another surge year. WASH, Rinse and repeat. :D
There I fixed it for you, after all as @Plebe noted, you about to live it as well...:oops:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Dawn and Vic are the only two who make much sense in the SEC.

Maybe a small argument for Nikki.
I know I'm biased, but the way Dawn and her staff have molded such a young team into the number 1 team has impressed me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the Mighty SoCon ..... it HAS to be Trina Patterson of UNC-G. Picked to finish in 5th place by the Coaches... 6th by the Media... they currently sit in 1st place... with two games to go.

In the Rugged Big South...... If I had a vote.... I'd give it to Chelsea Branbury of High Point. 1st year coach... with a very young and inexperienced roster... currently sitting at 11-6 in the league... with 3 games to go.

Reaction Score
Of course you would. Your enthusiasm for Colorado this year has been endlessly entertaining. They have done nothing to separate themselves from USC, Utah, Washington or Washington St.
Glad to be entertaining, though Colorado is on the rise and hopefully will return to the glory years of the Ceal Barry era. Right now their problem is not finishing games, otherwise they would be heading for a quick exit from NCAAT, but I think they currently are the best of the bottom six and one of the early favorites to win WNIT. They would beat any team in the AAC except UConn, which is not saying much.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
but I think they currently are the best of the bottom six

That is endlessly debatable. I don't even have an answer to which is best of them. Throw USC, Utah, Colorado and the Washington schools in a hat and pick one. You can find data points to support pretty much any of them.

I will give you that Colorado has been much better than I expected given how much they struggled last year and lost Leonard and Robinson to graduation. But Utah also has exceeded expectations. They also appear to be on the rise w/ 2 Fr. leading them in scoring (and several Sophs also among their most productive players). USC has also gotten huge contributions from Fr. Moving up in the Pac 12 is a difficult proposition and Colorado has company in making a push.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sorry @Dokey . USC beat Utah tonight, Colorado about to lose to UCLA. If USC beats Colorado on Sunday they will be 8-10, no way any of the other bottom 6 teams can claim they are better. A loss would drop Colorado to 5-13. Even w/ unbalanced schedules you can't claim to be better than a team 3 games ahead of you in the standings.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Glad to be entertaining, though Colorado is on the rise and hopefully will return to the glory years of the Ceal Barry era. Right now their problem is not finishing games, otherwise they would be heading for a quick exit from NCAAT, but I think they currently are the best of the bottom six and one of the early favorites to win WNIT. They would beat any team in the AAC except UConn, which is not saying much.
No way Colorado runs the table against the rest of the AAC.

Colorado needed a strong 4th quarter just eke out a win over Tulane. That's a team in a 3-way tie for 5th in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Dawn should be SEC coach of the year. While we all knew they were good, the way she's molded her freshmen to play with her seniors is very impressive. Mitchell has done a good job with Howard and not much else so maybe he should get some votes but Dawn should take it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom