Conference Championship Game - SEC - South Carolina vs Miss. State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Championship Game - SEC - South Carolina vs Miss. State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice the "antics" after made shots by the South Carolina players??

GA would bench our ladies if they did that. Kinda off putting the more I see them do it.
Yeah not into the antics during the game or pre-game intros.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sessions is leaps better than she was just a few games ago. Love seeing her confidence grow.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If I am reading the box score correctly there are a total of 7 assists combined for both teams so far? I'm watching live but still... not as many fouls as I thought though.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Sessions is leaps better than she was just a few games ago. Love seeing her confidence grow.
She seems to know where her opportunities are vs certain teams. These last few games she is taking them.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice the "antics" after made shots by the South Carolina players??

GA would bench our ladies if they did that. Kinda off putting the more I see them do it.
There was a noticeable lack of that sort of thing in the UConn game. UConn must bring out the "serious business" mode in other elite teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some poster over on the VolNation opined that, if there were a dribbling championship, UT would win it "hands down". Which raises the interesting question, how can you dribble a ball if your hands are NOT down?
The Tennessee folks love to use the phrase "hands down," but unfortunately they are giving it a new meaning. A few years ago, one of the LV players said that Burdick, Graves, Russell, et al., gave them the best front court in the nation, "hands down." At the time, we had Stewie, Kiah, Stef, and KML. Those 4 accounted for 7 All-American seasons. The LVs have accounted for 0.

So, considering the context, "hands down" now means something like "I have my hands up in the air, because I really don't know what I'm talking about."

But, maybe I am not giving the LVs enough credit. If the fans are saying that Tennessee dribbles the ball more (not better) than anyone else, they may be correct. ;)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
MS looks like they given up in this game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This game was never in doubt. A 66-52 win for the Gamecocks, and they made it look easy. :oops:

Reaction Score

Interesting sequence I noticed while watching the end of the game. As the clock was nearing zero, both teams players congregated and began giving hand shakes in reference to the game being over. Cuevas, dribbling out the clock, proceeded to sneak around the players and attempt a baby jumper off glass at the buzzer. The shot was not released before the clock expired (.5 seconds too late), but the idea of padding personal stats and margin of victory when the other team was showing sportsmanship is inappropriate.

The interesting thing is that Dawn noticed the events and looked back with a scowl while shaking hands. She kept looking back to see who took the shot. Fast forward a minute and the camera shows the SC team in a huddle. Enter Dawn who immediately gets in the face of Cuevas instead of celebrating the championship. The second Dawn turns around, Cuevas imitates Dawn to Tiffany Mitchell and they both roll their eyes and make fun of Dawn for her reaction.

I believe that from this sequence, Dawn is understanding the intangibles that go into becoming a championship program. I believe that her current players do not understand these same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom