Concerning Trend | The Boneyard

Concerning Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I had a feeling this was the case so I decided to plot it - cause you know I love my charts...

Anyhow, I had a feeling that we were allowing better shooting in the second half which would be quite the opposite of a typical JC team. I was right, we are allowing higher shooting % and higher 3pt % as well. What I didn't realize and the graph points out, we've been allowing higher and higher shooting % by game. I realize the competition has gotten tougher, but even early on, it has gone up. It's not like UConn to be allowing 38% shooting and 35% from three - particularly against weaker opponents. I would like to add the national championship season averages, but that's gonna take some work.

DefensivePrct.jpg

Reaction Score
It seems to me(although i haven't been able to watch the last 2 games) that we are over helping especially down in the post and leaving the other team open for threes. Team defense is great but we have to trust individuals to lockdown their guys in certain situation.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the graph.
Does not appear to be statistically significant before FSU and UCF, which I chalk up to a short bench and tired legs.

Reaction Score
I agree. there is no reason we should be coming down to help our big men out in the paint. It's not like we are facing interior guys like sullinger. Drummond is an absolute beast down low and can guard anyone. And oriakhi and olander don't need help. We can't be leaving guards on the perimeter to shoot uncontested 3's.

Reaction Score
Also, fwiw, a few players on twitter were commenting on how sick they were, wouldn't be surprising for an illness to go around on a trip like that.

Reaction Score
I had a feeling this was the case so I decided to plot it - cause you know I love my charts...

Anyhow, I had a feeling that we were allowing better shooting in the second half which would be quite the opposite of a typical JC team. I was right, we are allowing higher shooting % and higher 3pt % as well. What I didn't realize and the graph points out, we've been allowing higher and higher shooting % by game. I realize the competition has gotten tougher, but even early on, it has gone up. It's not like UConn to be allowing 38% shooting and 35% from three - particularly against weaker opponents. I would like to add the national championship season averages, but that's gonna take some work.

View attachment 296
Keep up the great effort. I'll peruse this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom