Computers writing articles | The Boneyard

Computers writing articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Self-driving" cars give me a similar reaction......!

:confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Read a few Asimov "sci fi" books and articles on artificial intelligence and get very afraid. Very rich tech industry leaders are scared of AI. We all should be. Of course, HAL would assure you there is nothing to worry about! :cool:

Reaction Score
Read a few Asimov "sci fi" books and articles on artificial intelligence and get very afraid. Very rich tech industry leaders are scared of AI. We all should be. Of course, HAL would assure you there is nothing to worry about! :cool:
MIT 30 or so years ago believed they could use "artificial intelligence" programming --for all human (almost) functions. At the time they believed they could replicate the brain. Problem is programming is limited by the programmers. Even systems that program themselves rely upon a human to direct their programming--so maybe we are saved from the machines taking over the world--Signed--Hals brother.\
If you really want to be frightened--read the Shadow Factory--a true, non fiction, start to today about NSA--not what they do but what countries are helping.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
MIT 30 or so years ago believed they could use "artificial intelligence" programming --for all human (almost) functions. At the time they believed they could replicate the brain. Problem is programming is limited by the programmers. Even systems that program themselves rely upon a human to direct their programming--so maybe we are saved from the machines taking over the world--Signed--Hals brother.\
If you really want to be frightened--read the Shadow Factory--a true, non fiction, start to today about NSA--not what they do but what countries are helping.

Nah, not worried about NSA up here on my hill, well stocked with firearms and ammo! Maybe I should look into armed drones though, huh!

PS. Do you think I hit enough key words to cycle into the top 300,000,000 "got to check it out" e-mils, posts etc of the day??? Oh, wait, let's add AK47 and AK74! :p Maybe the smiley face will throw them off???

Reaction Score
Nah, not worried about NSA up here on my hill, well stocked with firearms and ammo! Maybe I should look into armed drones though, huh!

PS. Do you think I hit enough key words to cycle into the top 300,000,000 "got to check it out" e-mils, posts etc of the day??? Oh, wait, let's add AK47 and AK74! :p Maybe the smiley face will throw them off???

NSA isn't the worry--it's the Governments they work with who build and install snoopers. Personally I like NSA. (like a wooden cross that wards off the bad ghosts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom