Complete list of what went wrong at USF...! | The Boneyard

Complete list of what went wrong at USF...!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn celebration.jpeg

Here the list of what went wrong against USF...
1. UConn missed 5 of 18 free throws. That 72% is exactly the season average...:rolleyes:
2. My pretzel was stale...:(

And now the better list of what went right..!!
1. UConn's defense held USF's 3 leading scorers to 4-40 or 10%..!
2. Pheesa was a beast w/ 25 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals and a three. ;)
3. Seven Huskies made a three-point shot and 4 had more than one.

4. The bench scored 33 points and won the 4th quarter, 25-17. :D
5. USF had more personal fouls (13) and turnovers (14) than assists (12).
6. The defense pressured the Bulls into 52 missed shots and allowed just 2 free throws.

7. We found out Lou is taller than Z... (see picture) :rolleyes:
8. UConn had 27 assists on 37 baskets & shot 53.6% from the field.
9. Katie Lou went 4-7 from three range and USF's Laksa was 0-8, (due to Kia's defense)
10. The 10 blocks mean UConn has blocked 23 shots in the last two games..! :eek:

The list could go on and on, as that was a complete beat down from top to bottom. Please note the photo above showing the starters reacting to the excellent bench play. The chemistry for this group is the highest it has been all season. So are the stats..! :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
View attachment 27591

1. UConn missed 5 of 18 free throws. That 72% is exactly the season average...:rolleyes:

2. Pheesa was a beast w/ 25 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals and a three. ;)

6. The defense pressured the Bulls into 52 missed shots and allowed just 2 free throws.

9. Katie Lou went 4-9 from three range and USF's Laksa was 0-8, (due to Kia's defense)
10. The 10 blocks mean UConn has blocked 23 shots in the last two games..! :eek:

The list could go on and on, as that was a complete beat down from top to bottom. Please note the photo above showing the starters reacting to the excellent bench play. The chemistry for this group is the highest it has been all season. So are the stats..! :cool:

Go Huskies..!!
I think that was the reaction to Molly's first 3 pointer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 27591

9. Katie Lou went 4-9 from three range and USF's Laksa was 0-8, (due to Kia's defense)

Go Huskies..!!

We all know Geno notes the posture and demeanor of his players on the bench whenever he watches game film. NO ONE can ever suggest that the players shown here are guilty of not supporting and cheering for their fellow teammates. This was right after Molly hit UConn's final basket, her 3 pointer to bust the clock at 100 points. They ALL appear to be extremely enthusiastic in that endeavor, especially Crystal and Kia. Kia is giving it the old Hi-Ooooooo, while Crystal is doing her John Travolta impression from Saturday Night Fever. :D

uconn-celebration-jpeg.27591

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
View attachment 27591

Go Huskies..!!
Damn shame about your pretzel. :(

JS

Reaction Score
Wow how tall is Lou? She must be over 7 ft!
She's jumping for joy. That's her foot in front of the chair seat at ref's knee level.

The legs and the two other feet, on the floor, belong to MW.

Pretty good vertical there, Lou. And you're tall enough as it is without stealing Meg's legs.

upload_2018-1-7_18-17-40.png

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'm glad you pointed that out. WCBB will never make progress until they can get more consistency in their pretzels. And let's not talk about UConn's pretzels being too dominant. These other programs need to raise their pretzel game. ;)

I thought the Bulls really felt like they got run over. It will be interesting to see how they react in the rematch in Feb.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
View attachment 27591

9. Katie Lou went 4-7 from three range and USF's Laksa was 0-8, (due to Kia's defense)

Go Huskies..!!
Not to put a damper on things, but the FT shooting was 9-14, which was a lower percentage, but a 4-4 finish brought us up to our season average. So, even that improved late in the game. :)

Speaking of that, several players are below last season's percentage or their historical norms. The team shot exactly .800 two years ago and about .780 last year. I'd like to see us get to .750 or .760 by season's end. If we can shoot .400 from the arc, .750 from the line seems feasible.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Edit, this was intended to be a response to David - sorry about that.

My bet is he made it up.

Don't tell anyone, but a lot of what he posts is made up.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My bet is he made it up.

Don't tell anyone, but a lot of what he posts is made up.
Did you here Geno say that he has had Lou practicing landing on her right foot so that she doesn't aggravate her left ankle injury. Please tell me what I have made up?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No big deal but in that picture, Walker is showing no emotion.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No big deal but in that picture, Walker is showing no emotion.
Give her a little break, she is only a Freshman, she will learn in time for the tournaments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom