Compilation - Creighton | The Boneyard

Compilation - Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
This is my variant of the "comment on each guy's performance, hang a clever tag on it, and call it a game review." Top comment in bold, well below, if you don't care to read the whole post and want to get right to the Super Fan award.

Off-thread comment. I didn't see one comment calling out IW. It needs to be said. Whaley got two quick fouls, fair or unfair, sat 15 minutes, started the second half, and almost immediately got foul number 3 on a completely unnecessary reach-in out past the 3 point line, iirc. Was it a foul? That's not the correct question. The correct question is: why would he even give the ref the chance to make that call? He's one of our most heady players - that was a terrible mistake, and it cost the team dearly - more than a shot here or a shot there, particularly when you consider he fouled out. Also, I love the heck out of him as a player.

On to the Hot Takes, all from threads since the game:
This loss is on Hurley, 1000%.
No. He deserves his part, and he'll take it, no doubt. But many things conspired to leave us a point shy. Does anybody really believe that lack of practice time, lack of games, lack of conditioning, and the consequent lack of chemistry didn't cost us at least . . . one point?
Gaff literally cannot hit a wide open 3, can barely dribble,
No. He literally can hit a wide open 3. Literally. He also dribbles quite well, and, if not at the Kemba level, certainly as well as CV, who did great with his handle.
Shameful loss.
No. Shame is not a word that we should apply to our team unless they quit, walk off the floor, attempt to injure a player, and so on. Cole put in 40. That's a lot of minutes after a long lay off. It was not shameful, it was disappointing, and I'm quite certain that our young men are more disappointed than are we.
As a UConn fan, I’m trying to remember the last time we had a good half court offense that wasn’t entirely reliant on winning one on one battles. Maybe 2005-06? Something has to change.
No. Since 06 we've had 3 FF teams and 2 National Champions. Could have been 3 if we stayed injury free in 08. If we have a systemic offensive blight that trails back to 06, I'll keep it if I can have the same results in the next 14 years.

Our second best offensive weapon is Sanogo.
No. If it were true, he would have had 15 touches. He is definitely top 10, however.
I don’t want to hear about Cole ever again.
No. You do. He'll play a very important role this year. Not the exaggerated, unrealistic role than many had carved out for him, but a very important role. Without him, we would be sorely understaffed at guard, and we'd suffer losses because of it. Just manage your expectations. He's not the second coming of Ryan Boatright.
Oh make no mistake, that was a classic Ollie era loss
No. Our former coach's teams would have folded the deck chairs well before the 3/4 mark of that game, and likely would not have been in the game a few minutes out of the half, when the big deficits usually started. This team, on very little practice, very little floor time, and very little in game conditioning, hung tough for 40 and and overtime. Poor play? Some. Bad decisions? Yes. But did they quit, which, other than CV, was the exact hallmark of the last disaster? No. They did not.
Hurley is not a good in-game coach. I call him Baby Squid.
No. He is fine. He is working with many new parts and very little prep time, and he was working against a very good, senior team. He calls you diaper-wearer.
Jalen Gaffney contributed nothing.
No. Jalen Gaffney shot poorly, to be sure, and that stood out, because poor shooting always stands out in games that come down to one basket, as every fanatic drills down to, "if ____ had just made one more shot." He had 7 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. The 7 boards were 2nd most on the team and he got them in 28 minutes. By comparison, Cole, Adams, Whaley, and Jackson combined for . . . 7 rebounds in 91 minutes. Further, his 3 assists were the most on the team and 1/3 of all of our assists.
Hurley is not a good offensive coach. He needs to hand that off to Kimani or Tom.
No. Hurley needs to keep working on his coaching of this team. He's a proven winner. He'll win here.
This loss falls solely on Cole.
No. See above answer for all on Hurley. Cole gave what Cole is going to give. 40 minutes of solid effort. He took their key player out of his game. If you look at Cole's schedule 2 years ago, Georgetown was the best team he played, and they finished at 70 or something. Most teams he played were over 100. He'll make adjustments and get better, but he's probably close to his ceiling. Expectations should be set accordingly.
Bouk gets a pass because he’s Bouk, but he also jacked up two bad 3’s on big possessions.
No. Bouk doesn't need a "pass." If everybody is cold as the Antarctic, his contested shot is our best shot.
Hurley coached off a Randy Edsall game plan.
No. Just no.
[Andre Jackson has] been a big disappointment and is headed out of the rotation.
No. He's adapting to a new level, and a new speed. If your personal expectations have not been met, please accept my apologies. He's heading in to the rotation, the only questions are: "how much and how soon?"
Take 12-15 minutes from Adams and put Jackson in the rotation.
No. Not this game. There is a time and place for "let them work through their mistakes." Creighton would have seen his defensive weakness and gone right at it. Further, his inability to shoot from distance would have crowded up the offensive end. He will get his minutes when we play teams that will not be able to take advantage of his defensive lapses.
Hurley and his stupid small lineups. SMH.
No. Stupid small lineups can work. Give it time, let the team settle in.
Math is simple, if each of Whaley, Carlton and Sanogo play more minutes than Adams and Gaffney, UConn is going to play better.
No. The math may be simple, but this is not math. 2+2 does not equal 4. Ball handlers and the 3 matter more. This isn't 1985.
Uconn is 4 stiffs and Bouknight.
No. Taking a quote like this from the Creighton board, replicating it here, and then agreeing with in should be grounds for a mid-season hanging.
We have one of the best PG’s in the country in RJ Cole.
No. We have a good, not great, point guard. Unrealistic expectations lead to unhappy realizations. He was a very good scorer at Howard against sub-100 competition. His assists/TO ratio has always been sub-par. It's unrealistic to believe that he's going to become a great distributor or completely shake the shoot first mentality that it takes to score in the 20s regularly.
This team could be a legit top 10 team this season, I firmly believe that.
No. Keep expectations realistic. We don't have the outside guns or polished interior players to make this happen without a small miracle. Top 25 is a reasonable goal, plus a tourni run, and with a lottery pick like Bouk, we're hoping for something between Curry and Melo, inclusive.
They went and dug up some nonsense to get rid of Ollie after that season
No. Not nonsense. Violations that resulted in institutional penalties.
Most people on the board say Jackson can't shoot and is lost out there. Well, nobody else can shoot or score either so let's develop the young man.
No. See above. If he plays 15 minutes against Creighton, they eat him up on D. Adams is underappreciated in that role - he is a solid defender, and helped cause Creighton to have the bad shooting night that kept us in it. This is the Hurley way. His defenses keep his offenses in the game. I prefer that style rather than the 80s Nuggets or Loyola back in the day.
I understand why Hurley had to move on, but alterique would’ve been a huge asset to this team THIS year.
No. Alterique was a disaster, and was the clearest coaching mistake that was made last year. His benching coincided with our surge. I'm not sure how this is unclear to any fan who watched.
if RJ hadn’t been signed . . . the play of everyone improved.
No. RJ has his limitations, which were clear and on display versus Creighton, but he is not a net negative. He corralled the other team's best scorer. That takes tremendous energy and focus. And it's one game. If he's shooting 10% in another 8 games and Hurley is riding him like the 2nd coming of Alterique, then we'll talk.
I said in my initial post I understand why both sides had to move on. But on the floor he would be our best PG option right now. This season. And it’s not close.
No. What's not "close" is that observation and reality. Are we talking about the same player? Little guy? Turnover machine? Terrible decision maker? Knack for momentum killing plays late in games?
At the moment, I'd describe Gaff as a KO guy. Someone who doesn't improve or put in the work in the offseason.
No. Ridiculous. Best thing about your quote here is you won the SFC (Super Fan Comment) award for this edition of the Hot Take Compilation. Well done.

In hindsight, Gilbert would have been the best PG now.
No. Shockingly, this did not come from the same poster as the previous pro-AG comment, which either means we've got a multiple-handle situation or we have two folks on the forum who definitely are marching to their own drum beat.
Gilbert could take over games.
No. Unless you mean, "take them over and flush them right down the sh------r," in which case, yes. And, Boneyarders, that's a 3rd poster supporting the "AG would be our best point guard right now" argument. Lord.
let [Andre] play and get comfortable because the risk is worth the reward.
No. See above. To play Andre extended minutes against Creighton and then lose because he's "working through his mistakes" would have been a terrible trade off - Hurley correctly went for the signature win.
Not taking anything away from his game but [Bouknight] could have had a smooth 30 pts and the win! [because he too selfish with the ball]
No. He's sometimes too unselfish, and when he's shooting over 40 and 50 from the field, he should have a green light taped to his forehead. Bouk shoots lights out to get us to the win-line, and this guy's assessment of the game is that Bouk is selfish with the ball. Runner up for Super Fan Comment award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I feel like I am totally in the minority here because I don't feel the loss is that awful. We went down big early to a talented team. Regrouped and had them on their heels. No we didn't finish them off and get the win. We stood toe to toe with the #9 team in the nation and could have one even though we aren't considered one of the 30 best teams in the country. I saw reason for optimism because we shot really poorly (besides Bouk) and had a chance.

Reaction Score
Your take on Gilbert is awful, some things are ok but wow there’s some thoughts here that are mind boggling at best. Overall the time you took I respect but wow :eek:. I guess you have lots of time good for you and thanks, I think!

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I feel like I am totally in the minority here because I don't feel the loss is that awful.
Of course you're right. It was a very good effort, all things considered. I hope we're not in the minority - maybe the unhappy folks are just a lot louder and more prolific. Maybe they're just expecting a natty this year or next.
You want to see off the charts expectations, go check out Rupp Rafters. They've been in the Elite Eight 7 times in 10 years, including last tourni, and they've got a huge contingent calling for the coach's head.

Reaction Score
Well put. I agree with your comments. It'll all prove out over the rest of the season. Many posters are venting 5 years of the utmost frustration and their first glimpse of UCONN winning a big game. Disappointment makes for stupid, bitter comments about a team and coach that on the rise.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
Your take on Gilbert is awful, some things are ok but wow there’s some thoughts here that are mind boggling at best. Overall the time you took I respect but wow :eek:. I guess you have lots of time good for you and thanks, I think!
Lol. I guess you recognize a couple of quotes Mau - we can politely disagree on Gilbert. And, no, I don't have a lot of time. I had insomnia last night, I billed about 6 hours between 10 pm and now, I had collected the quotes as I read them, and the whole thing didn't take a half hour to put together.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
You should make the "top" comment the Super Trophy for Uselessness or the STFU
Interesting idea. Name the award a particular set of words that won't run afoul of the AI censoring software, but then abbreviate that set into an initialism that is recognizable as comprising a provocative profanity.

I wish I had thought of that. ;-)

Reaction Score
Lol. I guess you recognize a couple of quotes Mau - we can politely disagree on Gilbert. And, no, I don't have a lot of time. I had insomnia last night, I billed about 6 hours between 10 pm and now, I had collected the quotes as I read them, and the whole thing didn't take a half hour to put together.

By the way clearly AG was the better guard during our final winning streak last year even though he was coming off the bench (besides CV who was great) and it wasn't close. Gaff pretty much did the same thing as the beginning of his frosh year to end last year but somehow people think other than that. Add to the fact AG was our best defensive guard and stopped teams PGs from starting offense, even when he was struggling mid year offensively. We'd be thrilled to have that guy here right now but we don't and instead hope somehow Cole can make shots and Gaffney can eventually make shots and guard someone. Until one of them transitions into what we need without Bouk scoring 40 a game we will struggle to beat anyone in the the Big East that was alarmingly evident the other day in a loss which is inexcusable.

DH said we didn't rebound well in the end. Hmmmm having 4 guys out there at 6'3 and below won't help that cause I can tell you that. And he said we didn't get the 50/50 balls either, same answer with the fact that only Bouk is really athletic and fast guy on the court (he was tired as hell), how about some length and quickness? And a 4 pt lead only to let Zegs fly to the basket to waste no clock? That was dreadful, at least play zone if your guys can't defend down the stretch Dan.

Listen long way to go, he needs to find an identity to this team but he also needs to steer clear of the 3 or 4 guard line ups it sucks period. It would be fine if they are better players but having Cole/Gaff and Adams on the court that much together, and you don't want them to double and tripe Bouk? Please why would they guard the other 3?

Reaction Score
LOL. You're not going to let anyone have any fun at all, are you?

Agree with most of that. Let me make three points.

1. There is no reason to think that without the practice lay off we would not have had a litle more gas in the and would have won the game. Very unfortunate. Not making an excuse -- we should have won anyway -- but we will be better in a few games if we can just settle on a routine.

2. Cole is not the AG that started last year. His 3 point percentages and foul shooting percentages are fine. He is struggling with his 2 pointers. That will get somewhat better with experience at this level. The easiest way to improve your shooting percentage is to stop taking shots that aren't going to go in. After a year of practice and two years at Howard, Hurley knows what he can do. The fact that AG left gives me confidence that Cole is going to be fine.

3. I fully agree with the comment that we're not a Top Ten team. Whalley is a tweener between a 4 and a 5. Carlton is only o.k. He is not a center on a Top Ten team. Sanogo will be an uptick, but not immediately and maybe not this year --- will all depend on his development. Adams, Gaffney, Martin, Polley -- they are all being asked to do things that they wouldn't need to do on a Top Ten team. Our recruiting is better. Just in the last two classes, Bouk, Akok, Sanogo and Jackson all have the POTENTIAL to be Top Ten starters. Give Hurley time to develop them and be playing with more classes. This year's team should be looking to be towards the top of the Big East, and getting to the second weekend of the Tourney. That would be an amazing improvement on the last 4 years.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My only big Hurley coaching complaint is his love affair with small lineups. It is not a tremendous insight to point out that height is a big advantage in basketball. Every minute Hurley plays a 3 guard (6'4 and under) lineup, it puts a lot of pressure not just on the 3rd guard, but on everyone on the court. If the 3 guards are that much better than everyone else, then Hurley should do it, but in UConn's case they aren't.

Bouk, Cole, Adams and Gaff should get 90 minutes between them. That's it. UConn gives up too much on rebounding, defense AND offense when the team goes small.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I would add this positive to Whaley. When he went down on the way to the non existent 5th foul he slammed his fist so hard on the floor I thought he broke it and the anger in face was scary. As he begins to think through some of that passion he will make better decisions. He just needs to channel that fire into better decisions. That passion is something I have been looking for in this team. He will learn not to beat himself and contain the emotions for the right time in the right way. We are going to be OK. There is a lot of talent and depth but there is also inexperience and sometimes glaring weakness but if they continue to play hard the way they do it's a sign that they believe and just need to remain teachable to the coaches and work on their weaknesses.

Reaction Score
By the way clearly AG was the better guard during our final winning streak last year even though he was coming off the bench (besides CV who was great) and it wasn't close. Gaff pretty much did the same thing as the beginning of his frosh year to end last year but somehow people think other than that. Add to the fact AG was our best defensive guard and stopped teams PGs from starting offense, even when he was struggling mid year offensively. We'd be thrilled to have that guy here right now but we don't and instead hope somehow Cole can make shots and Gaffney can eventually make shots and guard someone. Until one of them transitions into what we need without Bouk scoring 40 a game we will struggle to beat anyone in the the Big East that was alarmingly evident the other day in a loss which is inexcusable.

DH said we didn't rebound well in the end. Hmmmm having 4 guys out there at 6'3 and below won't help that cause I can tell you that. And he said we didn't get the 50/50 balls either, same answer with the fact that only Bouk is really athletic and fast guy on the court (he was tired as hell), how about some length and quickness? And a 4 pt lead only to let Zegs fly to the basket to waste no clock? That was dreadful, at least play zone if your guys can't defend down the stretch Dan.

Listen long way to go, he needs to find an identity to this team but he also needs to steer clear of the 3 or 4 guard line ups it sucks period. It would be fine if they are better players but having Cole/Gaff and Adams on the court that much together, and you don't want them to double and tripe Bouk? Please why would they guard the other 3?
The revisionist history on Alterique is unbelievable, he averaged 5.5 points per game over his final 9 games on 31 percent shooting with 2 assists per game.

Reaction Score
This is my variant of the "comment on each guy's performance, hang a clever tag on it, and call it a game review." Top comment in bold, well below, if you don't care to read the whole post and want to get right to the Super Fan award.

Off-thread comment. I didn't see one comment calling out IW. It needs to be said. Whaley got two quick fouls, fair or unfair, sat 15 minutes, started the second half, and almost immediately got foul number 3 on a completely unnecessary reach-in out past the 3 point line, iirc. Was it a foul? That's not the correct question. The correct question is: why would he even give the ref the chance to make that call? He's one of our most heady players - that was a terrible mistake, and it cost the team dearly - more than a shot here or a shot there, particularly when you consider he fouled out. Also, I love the heck out of him as a player.

No. He deserves his part, and he'll take it, no doubt. But many things conspired to leave us a point shy. Does anybody really believe that lack of practice time, lack of games, lack of conditioning, and the consequent lack of chemistry didn't cost us at least . . . one point?

No. He literally can hit a wide open 3. Literally. He also dribbles quite well, and, if not at the Kemba level, certainly as well as CV, who did great with his handle.

No. Shame is not a word that we should apply to our team unless they quit, walk off the floor, attempt to injure a player, and so on. Cole put in 40. That's a lot of minutes after a long lay off. It was not shameful, it was disappointing, and I'm quite certain that our young men are more disappointed than are we.

No. Since 06 we've had 3 FF teams and 2 National Champions. Could have been 3 if we stayed injury free in 08. If we have a systemic offensive blight that trails back to 06, I'll keep it if I can have the same results in the next 14 years.

No. Vance Jackson is not particularly talented - 5 ppg on 36% shooting. Nor is his father particularly talented.

No. If it were true, he would have had 15 touches. He is definitely top 10, however.

No. You do. He'll play a very important role this year. Not the exaggerated, unrealistic role than many had carved out for him, but a very important role. Without him, we would be sorely understaffed at guard, and we'd suffer losses because of it. Just manage your expectations. He's not the second coming of Ryan Boatright.

No. Our former coach's teams would have folded the deck chairs well before the 3/4 mark of that game, and likely would not have been in the game a few minutes out of the half, when the big deficits usually started. This team, on very little practice, very little floor time, and very little in game conditioning, hung tough for 40 and and overtime. Poor play? Some. Bad decisions? Yes. But did they quit, which, other than CV, was the exact hallmark of the last disaster? No. They did not.

No. He is fine. He is working with many new parts and very little prep time, and he was working against a very good, senior team. He calls you diaper-wearer.

No. Jalen Gaffney shot poorly, to be sure, and that stood out, because poor shooting always stands out in games that come down to one basket, as every fanatic drills down to, "if ____ had just made one more shot." He had 7 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. The 7 boards were 2nd most on the team and he got them in 28 minutes. By comparison, Cole, Adams, Whaley, and Jackson combined for . . . 7 rebounds in 91 minutes. Further, his 3 assists were the most on the team and 1/3 of all of our assists.

No. Hurley needs to keep working on his coaching of this team. He's a proven winner. He'll win here.

No. See above answer for all on Hurley. Cole gave what Cole is going to give. 40 minutes of solid effort. He took their key player out of his game. If you look at Cole's schedule 2 years ago, Georgetown was the best team he played, and they finished at 70 or something. Most teams he played were over 100. He'll make adjustments and get better, but he's probably close to his ceiling. Expectations should be set accordingly.

No. Bouk doesn't need a "pass." If everybody is cold as the Antarctic, his contested shot is our best shot.

No. Just no.

No. He's adapting to a new level, and a new speed. If your personal expectations have not been met, please accept my apologies. He's heading in to the rotation, the only questions are: "how much and how soon?"

No. Not this game. There is a time and place for "let them work through their mistakes." Creighton would have seen his defensive weakness and gone right at it. Further, his inability to shoot from distance would have crowded up the offensive end. He will get his minutes when we play teams that will not be able to take advantage of his defensive lapses.

No. The math may be simple, but this is not math. 2+2 does not equal 4. Ball handlers and the 3 matter more. This isn't 1985.

No. Taking a quote like this from the Creighton board, replicating it here, and then agreeing with in should be grounds for a mid-season hanging.

No. We have a good, not great, point guard. Unrealistic expectations lead to unhappy realizations. He was a very good scorer at Howard against sub-100 competition. His assists/TO ratio has always been sub-par. It's unrealistic to believe that he's going to become a great distributor or completely shake the shoot first mentality that it takes to score in the 20s regularly.

No. Keep expectations realistic. We don't have the outside guns or polished interior players to make this happen without a small miracle. Top 25 is a reasonable goal, plus a tourni run, and with a lottery pick like Bouk, we're hoping for something between Curry and Melo, inclusive.

No. See above. If he plays 15 minutes against Creighton, they eat him up on D. Adams is underappreciated in that role - he is a solid defender, and helped cause Creighton to have the bad shooting night that kept us in it. This is the Hurley way. His defenses keep his offenses in the game. I prefer that style rather than the 80s Nuggets or Loyola back in the day.

No. Alterique was a disaster, and was the clearest coaching mistake that was made last year. His benching coincided with our surge. I'm not sure how this is unclear to any fan who watched.

No. RJ has his limitations, which were clear and on display versus Creighton, but he is not a net negative. He corralled the other team's best scorer. That takes tremendous energy and focus. And it's one game. If he's shooting 10% in another 8 games and Hurley is riding him like the 2nd coming of Alterique, then we'll talk.

No. What's not "close" is that observation and reality. Are we talking about the same player? Little guy? Turnover machine? Terrible decision maker? Knack for momentum killing plays late in games?

No. Ridiculous. Best thing about your quote here is you won the SFC (Super Fan Comment) award for this edition of the Hot Take Compilation. Well done.

No. Shockingly, this did not come from the same poster as the previous pro-AG comment, which either means we've got a multiple-handle situation or we have two folks on the forum who definitely are marching to their own drum beat.

No. Unless you mean, "take them over and flush them right down the sh------r," in which case, yes. And, Boneyarders, that's a 3rd poster supporting the "AG would be our best point guard right now" argument. Lord.

No. See above. To play Andre extended minutes against Creighton and then lose because he's "working through his mistakes" would have been a terrible trade off - Hurley correctly went for the signature win.

No. He's sometimes too unselfish, and when he's shooting over 40 and 50 from the field, he should have a green light taped to his forehead. Bouk shoots lights out to get us to the win-line, and this guy's assessment of the game is that Bouk is selfish with the ball. Runner up for Super Fan Comment award.
Nice work, appreciate the hard work that went into this post, but you forgot to add "Boom! Roasted!" after each paragraph

Reaction Score
My only big Hurley coaching complaint is his love affair with small lineups. It is not a tremendous insight to point out that height is a big advantage in basketball. Every minute Hurley plays a 3 guard (6'4 and under) lineup, it puts a lot of pressure not just on the 3rd guard, but on everyone on the court. If the 3 guards are that much better than everyone else, then Hurley should do it, but in UConn's case they aren't.

Bouk, Cole, Adams and Gaff should get 70 minutes between them. That's it. UConn gives up too much on rebounding, defense AND offense when the team goes small.
I'm all for playing a bigger lineup after watching these first few games but you realize with 70 minutes you're advocating for 10 minutes of a 1 guard lineup right?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I would add this positive to Whaley. When he went down on the way to the non existent 5th foul he slammed his fist so hard on the floor I thought he broke it and the anger in face was scary. As he begins to think through some of that passion he will make better decisions. He just needs to channel that fire into better decisions. That passion is something I have been looking for in this team. He will learn not to beat himself and contain the emotions for the right time in the right way. We are going to be OK. There is a lot of talent and depth but there is also inexperience and sometimes glaring weakness but if they continue to play hard the way they do it's a sign that they believe and just need to remain teachable to the coaches and work on their weaknesses.
That was in excitement after drawing a foul

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm all for playing a bigger lineup after watching these first few games but you realize with 70 minutes you're advocating for 10 minutes of a 1 guard lineup right?

Lol. Math is hard. I meant 90 minutes between those 4. I was thinking of youth basketball rules.

Reaction Score

But what if the 1 guard is really good?

Bouk and all 4 centers to collect the rebounds off of his occasional iso miss.

Reaction Score
Lol. Math is hard. I meant 90 minutes between those 4. I was thinking of youth basketball rules.
Lol I can at least get behind that, I think that's a good mix. 30 for Bouk, 25 for Cole and Gaffney, 10 for Adams

Reaction Score

No. Vance Jackson is not particularly talented - 5 ppg on 36% shooting. Nor is his father particularly talented.

No. Just no.

A worthy effort bro. You said so much, of course people are going to disagree with this or that, and who cares really, it's what makes this forum go around. Summarizing some of the variants found here, and casting your own opinions into the fray made for a good read, and you were on point quite a bit. Good stuff, I hope you keep it coming. It's fun to see some of these different takes in one spot, and then levied by a singular commentary, which then of course, is beaten about in turn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

No. Just no.

No. Just no.

Great. Now that you've go

No. Just no.

No. Just no.

Now that you've gone to these great lengths to finally and definitively answer these important questions, what the hell are we to talk about now?

Reaction Score

No. Just no.

You
I should be hanged? Kinda extreme, as I was commenting on one game. You come from the camp that everyone should get a trophy just for participating. Everyone misses shots , my comment was based on choices players make during games. Driving into bigger players and shooting into their armpits is a choice. The coaches job is to change those choices. Late in the game Gaffney has Bouknight on his left, doesn't pass, turns it over...another bad choice. Hurley is the highest paid employee in the state, he can take some criticism.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I agree on the stupid fouls 35 feet from the basket. First couple of games it seemed like our opponents were in the double bonus right after tip-off. I'm okay with being aggressive, but do it in a smart way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom