Compassion & good thoughts for Mulkey, daughter, & grandchild | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Compassion & good thoughts for Mulkey, daughter, & grandchild

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
WACO, Texas (KWTX) Lady Bears head coach Kim Mulkey didn't make the trip with her team to California Friday to play UCLA after the death of her unborn granddaughter, Scout Marie Fuller.

The stillborn infant was delivered early Friday morning after doctors were unable to detect a heartbeat during a weekly checkup on Thursday.

The infant, the first child of Mulkey's daughter, Makenzie Fuller, a former Lady Bears player who's now a member of her mother's staff, and her husband, Clay, a former standout on the Baylor football team, faced stiff odds.

She was missing the right side of her heart and was believed to have Turner's syndrome, a rare condition in which a female is born with just one X chromosome, which can cause physical and learning disabilities.

Associate Head Coach Bill Brock will be courtside when the No. 3 Lady Bears face No. 8 UCLA Saturday afternoon.

He said the team will take to the court in honor of their head coach's first granddaughter.

Brock said Mulkey informed the team of the loss before practice on Thursday.

"Makenzie and Clay have talked to our team about the possibility that they might lose their child. So when it happened it wasn't a total shock, but obviously when she made the announcement our girls took it really hard. We're a family," he said.

Brock said the infant's death may lead to heightened awareness to conditions not often talked about.

"I think baby Scout has done a tremendous thing of maybe people aware of these conditions," Brock said.

"And I have no doubt that she's going to be looking over us and flying to UCLA and back with us. "

Earlier this week, Mulkey and her daughter turned to social media to ask for prayers for the unborn infant.

"We are overjoyed to share our excitement as we add a little one to our family. She has already brought an unimaginable amount of love, strength, and faith into our lives. At the same time, we are saddened to say that our daughter is struggling and fighting for her life every day," Makenzie posted.

Mulkey also asked fans for prayers following Makenzie's announcement.

"It's times like this that you remember that God is running the show, especially when it comes to birth and death," Mulkey wrote.

"We will be accepting of what God's plan is for Scout. This is our life and regardless of what the future holds, Scout will always be my first grandchild."

I cannot like this post simply because it is so sad. But thank you for posting it skilz. My condolences to the Fuller and Mulkey family.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WACO, Texas (KWTX) Lady Bears head coach Kim Mulkey didn't make the trip with her team to California Friday to play UCLA after the death of her unborn granddaughter, Scout Marie Fuller.

The stillborn infant was delivered early Friday morning after doctors were unable to detect a heartbeat during a weekly checkup on Thursday.

The infant, the first child of Mulkey's daughter, Makenzie Fuller, a former Lady Bears player who's now a member of her mother's staff, and her husband, Clay, a former standout on the Baylor football team, faced stiff odds.

She was missing the right side of her heart and was believed to have Turner's syndrome, a rare condition in which a female is born with just one X chromosome, which can cause physical and learning disabilities.

Associate Head Coach Bill Brock will be courtside when the No. 3 Lady Bears face No. 8 UCLA Saturday afternoon.

He said the team will take to the court in honor of their head coach's first granddaughter.

Brock said Mulkey informed the team of the loss before practice on Thursday.

"Makenzie and Clay have talked to our team about the possibility that they might lose their child. So when it happened it wasn't a total shock, but obviously when she made the announcement our girls took it really hard. We're a family," he said.

Brock said the infant's death may lead to heightened awareness to conditions not often talked about.

"I think baby Scout has done a tremendous thing of maybe people aware of these conditions," Brock said.

"And I have no doubt that she's going to be looking over us and flying to UCLA and back with us. "

Earlier this week, Mulkey and her daughter turned to social media to ask for prayers for the unborn infant.

"We are overjoyed to share our excitement as we add a little one to our family. She has already brought an unimaginable amount of love, strength, and faith into our lives. At the same time, we are saddened to say that our daughter is struggling and fighting for her life every day," Makenzie posted.

Mulkey also asked fans for prayers following Makenzie's announcement.

"It's times like this that you remember that God is running the show, especially when it comes to birth and death," Mulkey wrote.

"We will be accepting of what God's plan is for Scout. This is our life and regardless of what the future holds, Scout will always be my first grandchild."

I am planning to attend the Baylor-UCLA game tomorrow, and obviously the context and mood for this game is drastically different. My heart goes out to Kim Mulkey, to her daughter and son-in-law, and to all of the Baylor family.

Bags is so right in comparing the grief to a wave that washes over you, suddenly and unexpectedly. That has been precisely my experience this year.

Kim's presence on the sidelines will be missed tomorrow, but the presence of her family's grief will surely be felt.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The saddest thing for a parent is to lose a child. It doesn't matter if the child is young, old or stillborn. This is a heartbreaking day indeed for their household and my sympathies and thoughts could not be more with them. Those western Mulkey's are tough, but even their notable toughness can't help but be pierced by this.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is so sad. No parent or grandparent should experience this. Prayers to Kim, Mackenzie and Clay at this time. Your faith and your strength will bring you through this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom