Committee top 16 preliminary bracket reveal | The Boneyard

Committee top 16 preliminary bracket reveal

Reaction Score
Providence as a 4 seed is low, and Texas as a 4 is a total joke. Even Beard would tell you that team has no business being a 4 seed

Reaction Score
Nova a 3 and PC a 4 tells of little respect for BigEast.
Nova can get up to the 2 line pretty easily. They squandered a lot of chances for good wins earlier in the year, so they're still digging out of that a bit.

Providence just has the weirdest statistical profile in recent memory. It's very likely they end up a 4 almost no matter what. It's the compromise seed.

Reaction Score
We beat Nova....get in for time being? I think just miss. Win out b4 BET and team earns a 4....for the time being. Not impossible. Plus, I'm heading to DC to keep it all on track.

Reaction Score
Texas down 10 late at home against TTU with a pro-TTU crowd. What a mess. How do you allow TTU fans to take over your home like that?
They stopped selling tickets to the public (aka the Tech fans) a few days ago and gave the remaining tickets away for free to any students that wanted to go (beyond the usual student ticket #s). Was too late apparently lol.

Reaction Score
They stopped selling tickets to the public (aka the Tech fans) a few days ago and gave the remaining tickets away for free to any students that wanted to go (beyond the usual student ticket #s). Was too late apparently lol.

So embarrassing for Texas hahah. Could you imagine the meltdown in the UConn world if we let a big east team take over Gampel the way Tech fans took over in Austin?

Reaction Score
So embarrassing for Texas hahah. Could you imagine the meltdown in the UConn world if we let a big east team take over Gampel the way Tech fans took over in Austin?
Yeah Texas is building a new on campus arena similar to Gampel that will open next year, currently they play at a place XL Center sized. Really impressive by Tech fans, though. That's a 6 hour drive. That's like Georgetown fans taking over XL Center.

Reaction Score
Providence as a 4 shows that the Committee didn't buy it and was looking for one slip-up (Nova) to confirm their suspicions.

Makes you wonder about their respect for the conference and whether we might be closer to a 7 than a 5.

Reaction Score
Providence as a 4 shows that the Committee didn't buy it and was looking for one slip-up (Nova) to confirm their suspicions.

Makes you wonder about their respect for the conference and whether we might be closer to a 7 than a 5.
Their NET is 29 and their KenPom is 45 and Sargin is 31, all metrics they use, a 4 seed is not a surprise .

Reaction Score

Our metrics are better than PC’s. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised with our seeding

Reaction Score
Their NET is 29 and their KenPom is 45 and Sargin is 31, all metrics they use, a 4 seed is not a surprise .
Their per-possession numbers are pedestrian, but the W-L record is elite.

I suppose if the implication is they're leaning heavily on the Kenpom-type numbers, that may be a boon for us.

Or it could mean that they don't think highly of the BE.

Reaction Score

We're used to being the Texas Tech fans. I wasn't at MSG last weekend, but it sounded like the building was roughly half and half.

Reaction Score
Their per-possession numbers are pedestrian, but the W-L record is elite.

I suppose if the implication is they're leaning heavily on the Kenpom-type numbers, that may be a boon for us.

Or it could mean that they don't think highly of the BE.
They had Nova one spot from a 2 seed. It is not a BE issue

Reaction Score
The Top 41 teams all made it last year, and then a bunch of teams between 42 and 72.

Current NET (not including today's results)

5 Villanova
18 UConn
24 Xavier
29 Providence
32 Marquette
34 Seton Hall

66 Creighton
68 St. John's

Numbers can change, but I think even if they tighten things up, you're looking at 6 teams, mostly comfortably, with 2 teams that have a chance, and closer to 7 than 5.

Seeding, on the other hand...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Providence has 3 fewer losses than Texas Tech and beat them head to head. Why would Texas Tech have a better seeding than PC?

Reaction Score
Providence has 3 fewer losses than Texas Tech and beat them head to head. Why would Texas Tech have a better seeding than PC?
It's the advanced metrics.

NET
10 Tech
29 PC

KenPom
8 Tech
44 PC

Sagarin
13 Tech
31 PC

The difference between PC's record and metrics are among the craziest I've seen, especially in a conference that the metrics are treating pretty well.

Reaction Score
Citing the number of losses is meaningless. Kansas has more losses than PC and they are a 1 seed.

TT has 6 wins over top 15 teams in Kenpom, PC has 1. TT’s resume is simply better than PCs.

Reaction Score
We're used to being the Texas Tech fans. I wasn't at MSG last weekend, but it sounded like the building was roughly half and half.

MSG had the entire upper deck empty. but no... I was there and it wasn't 50/50. it was like 70SJU/30UConn which is still impressive in my opinion. But Johnies had terrible attendance at MSG this year.

But what happened today at Austin was embarrassing. It looked like atleast 40% of that arena was TTU fans

Reaction Score
Citing the number of losses is meaningless. Kansas has more losses than PC and they are a 1 seed.

TT has 6 wins over top 15 teams in Kenpom, PC has 1. TT’s resume is simply better than PCs.
The Kansas non-conf schedule was perfect in terms of NET....they only have 2 Q4 games. They didn't schedule many great teams in non-conf but didn't schedule any 300+ cupcakes either. A little luck invlolved as well but they have a 1 seed resume

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom