Committee top 16 preliminary bracket reveal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Committee top 16 preliminary bracket reveal

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
RPI
Providence 10
Texas Tech 14

Black box analyses of basketball teams are stupid. The simple RPI is more accurate.

...if you think that winning percentage is more predictive of tournament competitiveness. I'll go with more data.

PC would actually be helped significantly by making up some of their missed games. Their metrics are also weighed down horribly by far-too-close games to Fairfield and UNH, and an increasingly bad BIG loss to UVA. They need more good data, even if Ls.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So, for those who don't know, BracketMatrix is a fun follow. It tracks the various random prognostications of internet idiots for the brackets.

PC is a basketcase. BracketMatrix has them as a 4 now, but their seeding data is absolutely bonkers.

The @nelsonmuntz win-driven types have them up in the 2 or 3 line.
Lots of 3-4-5's.
Then, you have the purely data-driven ones. One of them has PC as a last 4 in 12. Another as a 13!
That kind of spread, especially on a better-seed, is unprecedented.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For those who thought the AAC was a good place for us, i offer you Houston. They're the anti-PC.

NET has them as the 4th ranked team OVERALL. The NCAA committee has them outside the top 4 seed lines right now. I would assume that #AskAresco may have a statement out soon.

Reaction Score
So embarrassing for Texas hahah. Could you imagine the meltdown in the UConn world if we let a big east team take over Gampel the way Tech fans took over in Austin?
It happens at Conte Forum whenever BC played Providence. Or Uconn. Or Syracuse. Also pretty close when they host UNC or Duke.

Reaction Score
For those who thought the AAC was a good place for us, i offer you Houston. They're the anti-PC.

NET has them as the 4th ranked team OVERALL. The NCAA committee has them outside the top 4 seed lines right now. I would assume that #AskAresco may have a statement out soon.
No doubt the AAC wasn't a good fit for UConn and thrilled to be back in BE.....BUT Houston could do a better job in non-conf scheduling. They narrowly lost their 2 best non-conf games (Wisc & Bama) and only non-conf win of note was Oregon, a bubble team.

16-0 in Q3 / Q4 games, 0-3 in Q1 & 5-1 IN Q2.....not much of a resume. Need to beef up non-conf schedule knowing AAC is weak overall.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, for those who don't know, BracketMatrix is a fun follow. It tracks the various random prognostications of internet idiots for the brackets.

PC is a basketcase. BracketMatrix has them as a 4 now, but their seeding data is absolutely bonkers.

The @nelsonmuntz win-driven types have them up in the 2 or 3 line.
Lots of 3-4-5's.
Then, you have the purely data-driven ones. One of them has PC as a last 4 in 12. Another as a 13!
That kind of spread, especially on a better-seed, is unprecedented.
Hadn’t seen bracket matrix before. It’s pretty interesting. Thanks for the link

Reaction Score
A friend always says, "who cares where they seed us". And to add to that I say, where were we seeded in 2014?

This is all fun to ponder I guess, but I care more about the site and the match-ups in our bracket than the actual seed.

Reaction Score
A friend always says, "who cares where they seed us". And to add to that I say, where were we seeded in 2014?

This is all fun to ponder I guess, but I care more about the site and the match-ups in our bracket than the actual seed.
This. For example - I'd love to play Houston in the second round in a 4/5 or 3/6 matchup. Just feels like a Sweet Sixteen. But of course, the higher the seed the less dependent you have to be on matchups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom